Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit for hardware update.
Ford Bronco SPD Performance downpipes on 2.7 Bronco w/ exhaust & tune (sound & video clips) 97F7C2BB-736A-4843-A0F9-AE64F8E3369C

First a shout out to @lethaljake for securing this set for me.

Got damn. First words out of my mouth after hitting the go button. Could feel it in the concrete. Which is saying something because I’m not impressed by much anymore.

SPD down pipes for the 2.7 with awe zfg bash guard only. Tone is a lot deeper in high idle, almost thumpish. Normal driving is lower and deeper pitched, is actually quieter in the cabin, that’s low speed and highway. Had to do 5 easy miles before you can get on it.

You push the pedal and this thing gets nasty on boost. She screams. Not gonna guess on hp boost at all but it does noticeably have more torque, turbos do spool quicker from no boost. Specially noticeable off the line and down shift. As you push past mid pedal you can hear the growl coming on, keep pushing and you arrive at holy wtf. I can actually hear some spool now. Not much. Charge pipes may add to that. Will have those shorty. Had one of them ricer guys next to me, I cracked it and looked over at him. Looked like he shit himself, mouth was open and everything Lmfao. Gonna be a trouble maker for sure.

If your after that aggressive exhaust tone at wot. This is a must have.

Updated with current mods list:
  • Roush air box (don't laugh at me)
  • Mishimoto intercooler
  • SPD Performance downpipes
  • AWE 0FG Exhaust (No Tips) w/ Bash Guard
  • ProCal tune
  • JB4 on map 2

Normal off the line

Highway merge

Highway cruise

Engine rev video

This is first start up after install. Has to idle for 10 minutes then 2 minutes at 2500.

Quick rev and restart after break in

Blatant display of hoonigan under the over pass.

EDITS

Have set the JB4 to Map 1
AWE exhaust was changed out to magna flow 11229, Bash tip retained.

Swapped out the awe can with the magna flow, it improved mid end toque by a lot.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exhaust note at low accel.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you just put all this on? I thought I seen your ride at holly oaks but didn’t hear it🤦‍♂️ Once my wallet recovers a bit I need the Downpipes to help this guy breath.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you just put all this on? I thought I sent your ride at holly oaks but didn’t hear it🤦‍♂️ Ince my wallet recovers a bit I need the Downpipes to help this guy breath.
The down pipes went on this morning. Had the awe on already. I never got in the pedal at all yesterday.

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds really good. What other mods do you have besides the AWE exhaust and downpipe. Do you also have a tune?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds really good. What other mods do you have besides the AWE exhaust and downpipe. Do you also have a tune?
Roush air box (don't laugh at me)
Mishimoto intercooler
Spd downs
awe 0fg bash guard only
pro cal tune
JB4 on map 2

Then I have blade runner charge pipes and the momentum air box in route.

500hp or a new trans. will see which one I get to first.

Have had no issues walking 392's on the highway, that was before I put the down pipes on it. 3 total so far. Will be a lot of fun next summer.

Still waiting to embarrass the first raptor that wants to play.

Last edited:

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cant wait for their inevitable 2.3t pipe

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cant wait for their inevitable 2.3t pipe
Power band feels completely different. I don’t have a pedal commander or anything like that. But the delay of power coming on is real short. Kind of like you can pedal it on now.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Power band feels completely different. I don’t have a pedal commander or anything like that. But the delay of power coming on is real short. Kind of like you can pedal it on now.
I know. My old Audi, Mustang and Ram all had High Flow Cats, although the Ram was untuned

I’m more surprised it took this long. Congrats btw

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Little over a 100 miles now. No cel as promised.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco SPD Performance downpipes on 2.7 Bronco w/ exhaust & tune (sound & video clips) 97F7C2BB-736A-4843-A0F9-AE64F8E3369C

Got damn. First words out of my mouth after hitting the go button. Could feel it in the concrete. Which is saying something because I’m not impressed by much anymore.

SPD down pipes for the 2.7 with awe zfg bash guard only. Tone is a lot deeper in high idle, almost thumpish. Normal driving is lower and deeper pitched, is actually quieter in the cabin, that’s low speed and highway. Had to do 5 easy miles before you can get on it.

You push the pedal and this thing gets nasty on boost. She screams. Not gonna guess on hp boost at all but it does noticeably have more torque, turbos do spool quicker from no boost. Specially noticeable off the line and down shift. As you push past mid pedal you can hear the growl coming on, keep pushing and you arrive at holy wtf. I can actually hear some spool now. Not much. Charge pipes may add to that. Will have those shorty. Had one of them ricer guys next to me, I cracked it and looked over at him. Looked like he shit himself, mouth was open and everything Lmfao. Gonna be a trouble maker for sure.

Engine rev

This is first start up after install. Has to idle for 10 minutes then 2 minutes at 2500.

Will be posting a install instructional. Way I did it will take about 2 hours in the driveway. Not a hard install.
That sounds amazing! Probably the best sounding Bronco yet!

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sounds amazing! Probably the best sounding Bronco yet!
Thanks. Wasn’t happy with the wot high pitch. Swung in to see the exhaust gods at mrt today. He knew exactly what was going on just by looking at the pipes. Will be switching out the awe with a bigger magna flow resonator.

Never crossed my mind that every exhaust out for the bronco is not tuned for the extra flow.

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
97F7C2BB-736A-4843-A0F9-AE64F8E3369C.jpeg

Engine rev

Will be posting a install instructional. Way I did it will take about 2 hours in the driveway. Not a hard install.
Jayson,

Thank you so much for the kind words, sir! Customers like yourself is what I love about what I do. It's an honor to be apart of your badass build and I'm so glad that you're enjoying everything and it's living up to your expectations.

Awesome reviews and even more amazing videos! Thank you again and thank you for posting these up as well!

Cheers!

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Roush air box (don't laugh at me)
Mishimoto intercooler
Spd downs
awe 0fg bash guard only
pro cal tune
JB4 on map 2

Then I have blade runner charge pipes and the momentum air box in route.

500hp or a new trans. will see which one I get to first.

Have had no issues walking 392's on the highway, that was before I put the down pipes on it. 3 total so far. Will be a lot of fun next summer.

Still waiting to embarrass the first raptor that wants to play.
No issues with the stock wastegate? I have the K&N intake, AFe charge pipes, scorcher module and mishimoto intercooler and had every 800-1000 miles the turbo wouldn’t produce boost. Happened twice, fucking dealership made me remove the aftermarket’s to diagnose and said ford would warranty a fix with aftermarket’s installed. Now my bronco is slower than shit and sounds not nearly as good as before. I’m putting all my aftermarket on this weekend again, if something throws a code I will go back to stock and into the dealership I guess.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No issues with the stock wastegate? I have the K&N intake, AFe charge pipes, scorcher module and mishimoto intercooler and had every 800-1000 miles the turbo would produce boost. Happened twice, fucking dealership made me remove the aftermarket’s to diagnose and said ford would warranty a fix with aftermarket’s installed. Now my bronco is slower than shit and sounds not nearly as good as before. I’m putting all my aftermarket on this weekend again, if something throws a code I will go back to stock and into the dealership I guess.
No issues so far. I took it out to mrt today to have them look at getting me a proper mid resonator. I wasn’t easy on it today either. Think the charge pipes are scheduled for dec-Jan. I did drop back from map 3 to 2 a couple months ago. I felt the local 93 I was getting was not up to par for map 3. Didn’t feel right in the power band. So I’ll drive it like it is for the next couple months then shove the pipes on. Went with the new blade and momentum. Will post back if either way on issues.

I’ll post a pic up tomorrow of how restrictive the stock pipes are where they hook to the turbo. Maybe the issue your having.

Will be a toss up between you ordering and getting the down pipes and me getting the charge pipes. So I guess we’re at a stand still for a month or 2.
Sponsored

Last edited: