Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the same position. I wanted a little more sound, but not loud like most exhausts. I bought the AWE and it was still too loud for my personal taste and it had a weird drone around 2500 rpm. Ended up selling that and buying the MBRP stainless system which was much better. Still a great sound, but not overly loud and no drone at all.
After the down pipes go on, every exhaust review is worthless.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Small exhaust update. Awe can sucked by itself. Magna flows about the same. Still annoying but different tone.

Swapped out the bash gaurd pipe with the awe can. We are finally on to something exhaust wise. Cab noise is really good now, same with the tone. No power difference from the feel. Friend at the exhaust shop had a couple more ideas I will pursue further. I’m about 85% satisfied with this sound now. Best it’s sounded. Better than anything I’ve heard. Gonna keep working on it to see if it can be dialed in further.

I can now feel a tingle of it in the pedals and seat which is exactly what I was looking for. No more crackle high boost now either.

Sound clips with both on. Magna flow mid, awe, rear. Money sound clip is the last one backing in. man she's got a good deep tone.

Last edited:

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm digging the deep growl of this setup. Would love to see some 0-60 and 20-60+ runs with this beast :)

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm digging the deep growl of this setup. Would love to see some 0-60 and 20-60+ runs with this beast :)
Me too!

Taking her to work tomorrow. Need some highway pulls and cruises. Unfortunately will be in cab noises only. I'll see what I can pull off on some of our building cameras for a fly by or 2.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Start and idle.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice. So is it quieter than the AWE standard setup? And so basically you had to buy 2 exhaust systems to get 1 you like lol. Sucks as that is quite expensive.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice. So is it quieter than the AWE standard setup? And so basically you had to buy 2 exhaust systems to get 1 you like lol. Sucks as that is quite expensive.
I’m going to look into it more. Don’t think it has to be expensive. Think a a pair of $110 resonators may work. Think it has to do with the gasses traveling between the 2. Think you could buy both resonators and have a exhaust shop put it on for 4-5 hundred. Will continue to see as I have time.

It’s way deeper than the awe setup. Don’t even sound close. Doesn’t sound like any bronco I’ve heard before. We had rain today, so I’ll take it to work tomorrow. Trying to get some sound clips of it. I don’t even know what it 100% sounds like from behind.

Awe and magna flow alone, just sound like a Busch light can for a exhaust to me. To much metal twang.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder if you had gone with something like the Corsa cat-back if mid-power band sluggish feeling could've been avoided.

The loudness though, is really hard to gauge with Aftermarket down-pipes and the same goes with the tone/exhaust note.
I like Corsa's exhaust note on the Bronco 2.7, but that's me.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if you had gone with something like the Corsa cat-back if mid-power band sluggish feeling could've been avoided.

The loudness though, is really hard to gauge with Aftermarket down-pipes and the same goes with the tone/exhaust note.
I like Corsa's exhaust note on the Bronco 2.7, but that's me.
I wonder that also. If another brand would have worked out better. Just posting what I got so other can gauge or come up with a different idea. I’m damn happy with the sound now. But you know how tinkering goes. It’s not perfect yet.

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m going to look into it more. Don’t think it has to be expensive. Think a a pair of $110 resonators may work. Think it has to do with the gasses traveling between the 2. Think you could buy both resonators and have a exhaust shop put it on for 4-5 hundred. Will continue to see as I have time.

It’s way deeper than the awe setup. Don’t even sound close. Doesn’t sound like any bronco I’ve heard before. We had rain today, so I’ll take it to work tomorrow. Trying to get some sound clips of it. I don’t even know what it 100% sounds like from behind.

Awe and magna flow alone, just sound like a Busch light can for a exhaust to me. To much metal twang.
I guess what I meant was it sounds like you are using a manga flow mid pipe and the awe axle back? And don’t think you can purchase those parts alone. Unless I am Not understanding. Is it quieter than the awe cat back?

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess what I meant was it sounds like you are using a manga flow mid pipe and the awe axle back? And don’t think you can purchase those parts alone. Unless I am Not understanding. Is it quieter than the awe cat back?
I should have said, I believe that something of a different brand could work just as well because of the placement Mid alone was to much. Mid and a rear, that may be a magic trick for a deep tone. That’s what I’m curious about. Hopefully one of the vendors see this and looks into it.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I’m thinking is the gasses hitting the end can and expanding with it also flowing straight out the center. Think that trips it up enough to create the delay for the deeper note.

I do know that exhaust tip was over 200 degrees when I got back. Not sure if those finger prints are ever gonna wash off.

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I’m thinking is the gasses hitting the end can and expanding with it also flowing straight out the center. Think that trips it up enough to create the delay for the deeper note.

I do know that exhaust tip was over 200 degrees when I got back. Not sure if those finger prints are ever gonna wash off.
Hello OP,

How are you still liking this setup? does downpipes alone make a huge difference in power?

Im more interested in a stock sounding exhaust but with greater power and spool up time.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello OP,

How are you still liking this setup? does downpipes alone make a huge difference in power?

Im more interested in a stock sounding exhaust but with greater power and spool up time.
It only helps if you have everything else and a tune. Sounds was deeper after I put it on. It went on after the exhaust was swapped out. Can’t comment on how a oem exhaust would sound. I ended up running a mid and rear resonator to handle the drone issue.

Unless your trying to squeeze that last 50-75 horse out of her (450-500wh) the down pipes aren’t needed.

So list for power adds imo would be
Procal4, jb4, or dyno tune (international dyno authority)

Cold air intake. Any of the big names that come with a new lower box and piping.

Don’t think the charge pipes or intercooler add much either.

Rest is minimal and won’t add that much. More hassle than it’s worth.

With every bolt on and meth I’m around 500wh with 33’s. (6-7k parts)

With a stock 2.7, cai and tune (Ida) your at 400wh.
Cost $1500-$1700.

Or 2.7, cai, procal 4 or jb4. Around 260-280wh.
Cost $1000-$1300.

Maybe a quality blow off valve also. Not to keen on fords quality of theirs.
Sponsored