Sponsored

Speaker locations in regular sound system and 10 speaker B&O system?

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Already thinking about the audio upgrade for the Bronco. If it comes with 10 speakers, do we know where the locations of all the speakers are going to be? The 10 speaker comes with a sub so assuming that will be in a rear quarter panel in the bed area. And it looks from some of the pictures like it will have a center channel speaker in that config. The pods on the roll bar are easy to see. The shape of them looks like 5 x 7's but could be a woofer-tweeter component set. I've seen what looks like potentially a tweeter in the front doors as it looks like a speaker grill on the handle. No idea where the woofer wood be unless it towards the back of the door. Any ideas on the other locations? The normal speaker placement in a door is where the strapped side pocket is in the front door. Also, I don't see any speakers in any of the pictures on the A or B pillars.

Ford Bronco Speaker locations in regular sound system and 10 speaker B&O system? Shadow Black 2021 Ford Bronco9
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

EcobeastRyan

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 fusion se
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’d guess on top of the dash on either side. Panels behind front doors next to back seat(2dr). Rear of the roll bar. Maybe one in each door but you’ll lose hem when you remove the door(s).

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On top of the dash.

1595282104286.jpeg

1595282221461.jpeg
Good catch on the front dash side speaker grilles. Guessing they moved all the speaker high to avoid water and mud. So potentially nothing in the doors at all (So nothing gets removed when you take them off) Tweeter/Woofer Component in the dash and in the pods would cover 8 speakers + sub + center channel gives us 10. Really limits the expand-ability of the system unless there is serious space in the dash to mount good speakers and if those pods have any space for a deeper speaker. My guess would be having to put another component set with the woofer in the kick panel and the tweeter on the A pillar and possibly going with some marine capable pods on the roll bar. Any kind of sub upgrade would have to be done in the bed unless there is enough space to get around the support bars under the back seat. Also looking for amplifier locations and it seems it will have to be rear quarter panel or under a seat. Only other place could be the storage area about the jack in the back.

knkut

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
knkut.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Sliverado Ext Cab LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very interested in seeing the speakers in the Bronco! Easy to see the dash and roll bar locations but not sure how that makes 8 unless like previously stated they are counting 2 speakers for each location (tweeter & woofer). Did anyone notice anything on the A pillar? Will be watching this thread

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very interested in seeing the speakers in the Bronco! Easy to see the dash and roll bar locations but not sure how that makes 8 unless like previously stated they are counting 2 speakers for each location (tweeter & woofer). Did anyone notice anything on the A pillar? Will be watching this thread
I'm guessing 6 locations. The sub in the rear, dash, 2 in the upper rear and 2 near the corners of the dash. The 2 in the corner of the dash and the 2 upper rears would be a tweeter/woofer combo.

Carboy

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great shot of the rear speaker enclosure from another post. Looks like it might be your standard 6.5 inch speaker on the base. I’m sure the aftermarket will come up with all sorts of multi-speaker configurations.
Ford Bronco Speaker locations in regular sound system and 10 speaker B&O system? 021-ford-bronco-cactus-gray-white-top-img_7863-

Interested if the front windshield will be acoustic since it has those dash mounted speakers.

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great shot of the rear speaker enclosure from another post. Looks like it might be your standard 6.5 inch speaker on the base. I’m sure the aftermarket will come up with all sorts of multi-speaker configurations.
Ford Bronco Speaker locations in regular sound system and 10 speaker B&O system? 021-ford-bronco-cactus-gray-white-top-img_7863-

Interested if the front windshield will be acoustic since it has those dash mounted speakers.
Yah, if it doesnt have time correction it will definitely muddy up the sound with the window bounce. And the back of that pod seems to have some preforation as well to let out some sound. Will be interesting to pop those open and see how they are set up. Lots of people use Marine Tower speakers on the back rail of Jeeps. The shape of the rollbars doesnt look like it will be as easy with the Bronco. Would have to custom a mount for it. And i'm sure we will see aftermarket speaker bars and other speakers designed specifically for the Bronco after launch.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good thread. Also thinking about my audio waaay ahead of time. I am one of those guilty people with wakeboard speakers in my Jeep. :) Would like to use my existing Focal speakers in the Bronco, if they'll fit.

Ford Bronco Speaker locations in regular sound system and 10 speaker B&O system? Wakeboard speakers

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good thread. Also thinking about my audio waaay ahead of time. I am one of those guilty people with wakeboard speakers in my Jeep. :) Would like to use my existing Focal speakers in the Bronco, if they'll fit.

Ford Bronco Speaker locations in regular sound system and 10 speaker B&O system? Wakeboard speakers
Yep, that would be the question for me. Would it be better to custom some aftermarket speakers into the existing pods, or just buy some really nice wakeboard tower speakers onto the existing mount points? And maybe another marine type speaker in the kick panels up front. And will there be enough room under the back seat of the 4 door for a couple of 8's or 10's? Would really love to custom some new Focal's up front, maybe woofer in the kick panel and a tweeter and mid in the A pillar, do something nice with the back pods, drop a couple of nice woofers under the back seat, then hide a couple amps under the back floor near the jack and storage spot. Hopefully as we get closer we'll get more info on what is in the car and where.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yah, if it doesnt have time correction it will definitely muddy up the sound with the window bounce. And the back of that pod seems to have some preforation as well to let out some sound.
How well are we thinking these are going to hold up to rain with the roof off?

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How well are we thinking these are going to hold up to rain with the roof off?
Well, if they're going in a Bronco from the factory, they *should* be marine grade.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, that would be the question for me. Would it be better to custom some aftermarket speakers into the existing pods, or just buy some really nice wakeboard tower speakers onto the existing mount points?
If we can get good sound from it, I'd definitely prefer to stay with the factory speaker locations and avoid the wakeboard speakers. No need to clutter up the vehicle if we don't need to.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

One thing I can say about the more recent Fords I've experienced (even going back to my 2012 Focus) is even their base sounds systems sound very good compared to, say, the crappy system in my 2015 VW. My Focus was the only car I didn't even consider upgrading the speakers in.

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One thing I can say about the more recent Fords I've experienced (even going back to my 2012 Focus) is even their base sounds systems sound very good compared to, say, the crappy system in my 2015 VW. My Focus was the only car I didn't even consider upgrading the speakers in.
Yep, I agree that my 2011 Explorer had much better stock sound then my older cars and even my wife's newer Pilot. Maybe we'll get lucky and this B/O system will sound really good and we wont have to spend a ton of money. Also, really don't think the design of this car lends itself to true audiophile quality systems, especially without utilizing the doors for speaker locations (Can't imagine it would be fun trying to custom a speaker wire through the quick disconnect in the doors). Maybe we'll get a mule with a B/O systems at some time that we can listen too.
Sponsored