Sponsored

Speaker locations in regular sound system and 10 speaker B&O system?

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If we can get good sound from it, I'd definitely prefer to stay with the factory speaker locations and avoid the wakeboard speakers. No need to clutter up the vehicle if we don't need to.
I agree, would be nice not to have to add speaker locations and just keep the stock positions. I feel pretty confident looking at them that we will be able to custom better speakers into those back pods. The worry I have is those in dash speaker in the front left and right. Usually there is not very much space up there to put a better speaker (Normally they end up being deeper with bigger magnets). Still thinking it may be better to add a component system to the front by putting a 6.5" woofer in the kick panel and custom a tweeter into the A Pillar. We'll have to see how those front ones are configured and the space available.
Sponsored

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One thing I can say about the more recent Fords I've experienced (even going back to my 2012 Focus) is even their base sounds systems sound very good compared to, say, the crappy system in my 2015 VW. My Focus was the only car I didn't even consider upgrading the speakers in.
I've been pretty nervous about Ford's B&O audio after watching this review.

Disclaimer: I have never owned a Ford nor owned B&O, but this is not a very positive review.

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been pretty nervous about Ford's B&O audio after watching this review.

Disclaimer: I have never owned a Ford nor owned B&O, but this is not a very positive review.

This is my worry as well. Pretty sure i'm enough of an audiophile that even the B/O system will just not cut it. And it really isn't that expensive to upgrade. I spent about $750 on some rockford speakers, amps, and a 10" sub box for my explorer and it is insanely better then the factory. Guessing the Lux package is going to be at least $3-$4000 and there is not much of value for me beyond the speaker system in it:

Lux Package
High Package content, plus: Adaptive Cruise
Control; B&O Sound System with 10 speakers
including a subwoofer; Evasive Steering Assist;
heated steering wheel; universal garage door
opener; 2 additional front row smart-charging
USB ports; Voice-Activated Touchscreen
Navigation System; and wireless charging pad

Thinking of sticking with the High package and the 6 speaker system and spending that Lux money on a real aftermarket system that sounds awesome and stays loud even with the top and doors off. Thanks for the link to that review!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my worry as well. Pretty sure i'm enough of an audiophile that even the B/O system will just not cut it. And it really isn't that expensive to upgrade. I spent about $750 on some rockford speakers, amps, and a 10" sub box for my explorer and it is insanely better then the factory. Guessing the Lux package is going to be at least $3-$4000 and there is not much of value for me beyond the speaker system in it:

Lux Package
High Package content, plus: Adaptive Cruise
Control; B&O Sound System with 10 speakers
including a subwoofer; Evasive Steering Assist;
heated steering wheel; universal garage door
opener; 2 additional front row smart-charging
USB ports; Voice-Activated Touchscreen
Navigation System; and wireless charging pad

Thinking of sticking with the High package and the 6 speaker system and spending that Lux money on a real aftermarket system that sounds awesome and stays loud even with the top and doors off. Thanks for the link to that review!
Videos like that tend to exaggerate things. While the B & O isn't amazing, it's far better than the Sony systems they replaced. All of them are not created equal either. For example, if you bought an Explorer Platinum, that system is far better than the B & O in an Escape. I'm expecting with only 10 speakers, the Bronco version would fall somewhere between those 2.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

here is your 10 speakers.
3 on the dash.
2 behind the rear passenger head rests.
1 sub most likely under the driver seat or passenger seat or tucked somewhere in the trunk.
2 tweeters on the A pillar
2 tweeters on the B pillar or built into the speakers behind the headrests.

Sponsored

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, if they're going in a Bronco from the factory, they *should* be marine grade.
You read my mind. Sure hope these are all marine grade speakers....

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
here is your 10 speakers.
3 on the dash.
2 behind the rear passenger head rests.
1 sub most likely under the driver seat or passenger seat or tucked somewhere in the trunk.
2 tweeters on the A pillar
2 tweeters on the B pillar or built into the speakers behind the headrests.
Source? I believe the locations are front corners of dash, center dash, rear on the upper bar and sub in the cargo area.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Source? I believe the locations are front corners of dash, center dash, rear on the upper bar and sub in the cargo area.
I think it's his conjecture, based on some keywords like "probably" in that post. :)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it's his conjecture, based on some keywords like "probably" in that post. :)
Just like those magazine articles on Yahoo. Likely, we expect, probably

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yah I believe your right. Unless the mules they're driving don't have the final A pillar design there is currently no tweeter in them nor have we seen one in the B Pillar. The guess is they are counting woofer and tweeter in the front dash and in the pods on the rollbar as 2 speakers each x 4 equals 8 + center channel + woofer for 10 total. I would be really happy to see them do some tweeter separates in the pillars, but if they do not I will definitely be doing that after market.

Sponsored
OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol, its all conjecture, hear say, and best guesses until we see a final release version roll off the line!

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

maybe no one should be posting unless there is a source. but the likeliness of any speakers being in the doors is very low. so you can see 3 in the dash, tweeters would likely be built in beside the corner speakers and the sub in the trunk. almost every manufacturer sets it up this way. the rear speakers are a trianglish shape behind the headrests has a high probability that there is 1 large and possibly 1 small speaker. just speculating. no source. just a bit of logical thinking.

Reactions: bek
OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
maybe no one should be posting unless there is a source. but the likeliness of any speakers being in the doors is very low. so you can see 3 in the dash, tweeters would likely be built in beside the corner speakers and the sub in the trunk. almost every manufacturer sets it up this way. the rear speakers are a trianglish shape behind the headrests has a high probability that there is 1 large and possibly 1 small speaker. just speculating. no source. just a bit of logical thinking.
This thread was started as a speculation until we know for sure. So keep the speculation coming and thoughts on how to better the OEM stuff!

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You forgot Might be, Could be, Suspected to be, Unconfirmed, This guy told me, I heard, and My guess! That being said, I love hearing everyone's thoughts until we actually have facts to override our crazy conspiracy theories!