Sponsored

Speaker locations in regular sound system and 10 speaker B&O system?

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m old enough to remember pulling 8 track and cassette tapes out of the player:( :ROFLMAO:
I still have my dad's "Bay City Rollers", "Three Dog Night" and "KC and the Sunshine Band" 8 tracks. He converted a 1974 Ford van into his version of a 70's hippy cruiser. Carpet everywhere, mirrored black out windows and an 8 track player. The first cassette I ever owned was Def Leppard. Bought it after my dad finally got a car with a cassette player.
Sponsored

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just put some Rockford fosgate 6x8 in my F150, and they sound great. I have always upgraded my speakers. It only cost 200 dollars and sounds great. I will be doing the same in the Bronco. I have read very mixed reviews on the B&O sound system. I refuse to pay for what Ford considers a premium sound.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes. Others may have opinions specifically to the Bronco.

I can't avoid the b&o unfortunately because I'm getting lux

Do you or anyone know if we will be able to hook up a subwoofer and amp, to an aux switch?
I imagine the after marker speakers would also be hooked up through that amp too, and I wouldn't want to turn those off.

But it would be nice if I had the option to turn on and off THE BOOM BOOM when needed so I can avoid my SO's wrath

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Do you or anyone know if we will be able to hook up a subwoofer and amp, to an aux switch?
I imagine the after marker speakers would also be hooked up through that amp too, and I wouldn't want to turn those off.

But it would be nice if I had the option to turn on and off THE BOOM BOOM when needed so I can avoid my SO's wrath
The B & O is a little more difficult (expensive) to upgrade. You need this conversion device before adding an amp.
https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT889/zen-a2b-dsp12a-a2b.html

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe I read or heard that there were no door speakers to simplify the door removal . . . I think!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe I read or heard that there were no door speakers to simplify the door removal . . . I think!
I've been studying the doors for this exact point. Don't see speakers. So I think you're right. Meaning the woofers are likely in the dash. Wonder how that sounds. Not used to that... ?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been studying the doors for this exact point. Don't see speakers. So I think you're right. Meaning the woofers are likely in the dash. Wonder how that sounds. Not used to that... ?
No doubt . . . I think it should be a pretty decent systems for a factory set-up - at least I hope so. I would have added it as a stand alone just because I'd want to added volume and bottom end with the top off - but it's a moot point seeing it is with the LUX package anyway, which I also planned to order because I have been spoiled by the adaptive cruise . . .

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The B&O is “tuned” specifically to the Bronco through DSP. I‘m older and most of my music was cut for vinyl and really does go much below 40 Hz. So, I’m not a boom, boom person. In my Audi I have the B&O system and to my tastes provides a nice bass fill in with 8“ subwoofer. But the youth who grew up on heavy bass think it’s anemic. GUESSING if you want to supplement with another sub you could use aux switches to off/on separate amp.

I would be careful of modifying B&O system, since it’s engineered to Bronco. If someone doesn’t know what they’re doing, there’s a possibly could cause sound quality problem.

Sponsored

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Front speakers are in kick panels, possible tweeters in dash

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yikes. This will be a lot more expensive of an upgrade than I thought then. Thanks for sharing....

May have to reconsider haha
Guy's over on the Raptor Forums discovered this when they tried upgrading their systems in 18 Raptors. They thought it was the same as the Sony systems in the 17's, but quickly discovered they wouldn't work properly without the converter.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Front speakers are in kick panels, possible tweeters in dash
The size of the dash grills suggest they may be about 4 inch. On the B & O, there's likely coaxials in the kick panel locations. There are only 8 physical locations.

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The size of the dash grills suggest they may be about 4 inch. On the B & O, there's likely coaxials in the kick panel locations. There are only 8 physical locations.
Questions, questions....I'm sticking with my original guess, base, R-L dash, kick panels, rear pod.
B&O 3 dash mount, kick panels, coaxial rear pods. If front B&O are coaxial, I'm fine with that, especially since both my home stereo setup and HT setup are all 1st order crossovers with coaxial tweeter/Mids

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Questions, questions....I'm sticking with my original guess, base, R-L dash, kick panels, rear pod.
B&O 3 dash mount, kick panels, coaxial rear pods. If front B&O are coaxial, I'm fine with that, especially since both my home stereo setup and HT setup are all 1st order crossovers with coaxial tweeter/Mids
I saw these in person. I was a bit disappointed in how small the rear pods are. I'd be surprised if those have a coaxial, since rears tend to be more of a filler than carrying most of the weight. I'd expect the coaxials in the kick panels down low to get a bit more bass, much like in the Mustang.
Sponsored