Sponsored

Speaker locations in regular sound system and 10 speaker B&O system?

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hopefully it has a cassette player so I can listen to both my tapes and my CDs with my Sony Walkman and tape adapter :unsure:

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:
I'm getting the 8 track with the old people package...
Sponsored

Sponsored

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not getting the B and O system. So, assuming the kick panel and roll bar locations will take 6.5" speakers this is my preliminary idea for a basic upgrade:
Soundstream ST4 1000DB amp. 90w x 4
Polk DB 6502 components in the kick panel and dash. Rated for 100w with 92db sensitivity
Polk DB 650 on the roll bar. Watts and sensitivity the same
All are marine certified. I'm not looking for crazy audiophile sound just better than stock and hopefully loud enough with the roof off.
All together under $500 from Crutchfield.
All assumptions until we know more about the speakers. Crutchfield is great for aftermarket car audio upgrades if you've never used them.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have submitted a request with B and O directly about the speaker sizes. Any reply I will share here. ?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have submitted a request with B and O directly about the speaker sizes. Any reply I will share here. ?
I saw a couple of Broncos in person and can say the rear speaker pods are far smaller than they appear. It doesn't look like any driver over 4 inch would fit in them. Those on top of dash are not much larger. I forgot to check the kick panel locations. The sub looks to be about 8 inch.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I saw a couple of Broncos in person and can say the rear speaker pods are far smaller than they appear. It doesn't look like any driver over 4 inch would fit in them. Those on top of dash are not much larger. I forgot to check the kick panel locations. The sub looks to be about 8 inch.
4" would suck. Speakers that size cannot handle much power from what I've seen. The Ranger uses 6.5" in the door. The dash tweeters are most likely 1". We'll see I guess.

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4" would suck. Speakers that size cannot handle much power from what I've seen. The Ranger uses 6.5" in the door. The dash tweeters are most likely 1". We'll see I guess.
I can't believe the primary speakers would be any smaller than 5.25"'s. Smaller than that your talking a mid range speaker, not a full range. And yes I definitely hope the kick panels can take a 6.5" with a mid in the dash and a tweeter in the A pillar. Have a nice FOCAL 3 way set up there, some FOCAL co-axials in the pods, a couple of FOCAL subs in the rear and an AudioControl D6-1200 amp to power it all.

Sponsored

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't believe the primary speakers would be any smaller than 5.25"'s. Smaller than that your talking a mid range speaker, not a full range. And yes I definitely hope the kick panels can take a 6.5" with a mid in the dash and a tweeter in the A pillar. Have a nice FOCAL 3 way set up there, some FOCAL co-axials in the pods, a couple of FOCAL subs in the rear and an AudioControl D6-1200 amp to power it all.
The base stereo is 6 speaker locations. No mention anywhere of A pillar location. I was hoping for a component setup up front, 2 way in the kick panels and tweeters in the dash. Then 2 ways in the roll bar area.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume the sound floor in the Bronco will be high and the locations won’t lend themselves to good sound stage or imaging. That being the case, it will be about enough volume. Assuming I don’t go lux, maybe just upgrade the front speakers add a small 5 channel amp and custom build an 8” sub and enclosure in the back with a shallow mount in a “floor leveling” box or tucked into the “stock” sub location? I did a lot of installations in Jeep’s back in the day and they never sounded good ?

Garye

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m sure I’ll be happy as hell with this system listening to Marty Robbins singing The Streets of Laredo. The country music I listen to will sound GREAT on the B &O system. I’m sure my dog will like it too.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assume the sound floor in the Bronco will be high and the locations won’t lend themselves to good sound stage or imaging. That being the case, it will be about enough volume. Assuming I don’t go lux, maybe just upgrade the front speakers add a small 5 channel amp and custom build an 8” sub and enclosure in the back with a shallow mount in a “floor leveling” box or tucked into the “stock” sub location? I did a lot of installations in Jeep’s back in the day and they never sounded good ?
Upgrading my sound is high on the list. I'm getting lux with the b&o but I know I'll still want something superior

I say this because I paid for the premium sound in my 2011 kia optima and honestly, it was quite the sound system. But I've heard top of the line speakers before in recording studios and world class dance clubs, and I know what good sound is like. I'm no audiophile but I'm willing to drop the money to get something of top quality

I'm considering upgrading 4 of the 10 speakers and adding a second sub. Important to me that my setup is:

• Discrete. Meaning no obnoxiously large sub and amp
  • Clean sound with great mids and lows

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here is your 10 speakers.
3 on the dash.
2 behind the rear passenger head rests.
1 sub most likely under the driver seat or passenger seat or tucked somewhere in the trunk.
2 tweeters on the A pillar
2 tweeters on the B pillar or built into the speakers behind the headrests.
Sub is in the very back right hand side, there are at least 1 in the kick panels both sides,
Sponsored