Sponsored

Speaker locations in regular sound system and 10 speaker B&O system?

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw these in person. I was a bit disappointed in how small the rear pods are. I'd be surprised if those have a coaxial, since rears tend to be more of a filler than carrying most of the weight. I'd expect the coaxials in the kick panels down low to get a bit more bass, much like in the Mustang.
Yeah, I agree with you on the rear pods as a filler and over all volume. If you think about they're actually outputting an opposite wave, but they could put a .5"-.75" embedded tweeter. I'm trying to find the logic for the B&O to have coaxial kick panels plus dash mount R-C-L then two rear full range and a sub to get 10 speakers. I also think that manufactures like the marketing of a separate tweeter.
Sponsored

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lol. Back to square one.?

Screenshot_20201208-062523_Outlook.jpg

Buckin_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4" would suck. Speakers that size cannot handle much power from what I've seen. The Ranger uses 6.5" in the door. The dash tweeters are most likely 1". We'll see I guess.
When it comes to low end I will agree, but 4” speaker can certainly hold their own. Most of them will be somewhere between 20-60w RMS which is plenty of power. Factory head unit’s amp are usually 5-15w RMS. Factory amps will maybe be up to 25w RMS. I haven’t actually looked, but based on my experience it is my best educated guess.

Aftermarket power packs will to about 45w RMS which is normally enough to have the volume turned up halfway and be too loud for most people. You can get amps that do double that and keep them at a lower gain.

I installed some Memphis Car Audio 4” speakers into a client’s 88 Benz SL and they sounded fabulous! They were some of the best sounding speaker I had heard. They were hooked up to a single DIN Kenwood. We installed some 6x9s in boxes in the storage area behind the front seats to get some lower end sound in it.

If there were just 4” speakers and you added a sub it would still sound amazing. However, I do believe they will be 6.5” speakers.

Sponsored

Buckin_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't avoid the b&o unfortunately because I'm getting lux

Do you or anyone know if we will be able to hook up a subwoofer and amp, to an aux switch?
I imagine the after marker speakers would also be hooked up through that amp too, and I wouldn't want to turn those off.

But it would be nice if I had the option to turn on and off THE BOOM BOOM when needed so I can avoid my SO's wrath
Yes, you should be able to add an aftermarket amp for a sub and have the amp turn on power be based on one of the switches. Adding a sub to a factory system will normally cost you around $750 for a decent amp, sub, LOC, and install. Most amps have the ability to add a bass knob to crank the gain down when you don’t want the BOOM BOOM as well.

eyrk

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With more pics coming out each day we still don't seem have to clarification on where all 10 speakers are do we?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With more pics coming out each day we still don't seem have to clarification on where all 10 speakers are do we?
rear bar 2
front kick panels 2
ends of dash 2
center of dash 1
sub 1
One of the pairs will be coaxial bringing the total to 10.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When it comes to low end I will agree, but 4” speaker can certainly hold their own. Most of them will be somewhere between 20-60w RMS which is plenty of power. Factory head unit’s amp are usually 5-15w RMS. Factory amps will maybe be up to 25w RMS. I haven’t actually looked, but based on my experience it is my best educated guess.

Aftermarket power packs will to about 45w RMS which is normally enough to have the volume turned up halfway and be too loud for most people. You can get amps that do double that and keep them at a lower gain.

I installed some Memphis Car Audio 4” speakers into a client’s 88 Benz SL and they sounded fabulous! They were some of the best sounding speaker I had heard. They were hooked up to a single DIN Kenwood. We installed some 6x9s in boxes in the storage area behind the front seats to get some lower end sound in it.

If there were just 4” speakers and you added a sub it would still sound amazing. However, I do believe they will be 6.5” speakers.
Memphis is awesome, when I was a teen I had a 1000w rms amp powering three JL 10-w3s, (300w rms), then moved on to MB Quart 10s (400w rms)

but now I have a Subaru Forester with the Harmon karden, and..... I don’t know if this is absurd, but that system I mentioned before also had MB quart speakers powered by an alpine amp with crossovers or whatever.... and the Subaru sounds FANTASTIC.

obviously not QUITE the obnoxious bass of three tens, but man am I going to miss it when I switch to the bronco.

I’m very curious about perhaps installing powered subs under both front seats, and really trying to work out a clever and impressive aftermarket stereo.

any suggestions are welcome.

this is also the first car ever that won’t have a center player. I guess I just have to stream everything through my phone.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

In some cars I’ve had sound shops use adaptors to keep the factory head unit. Will I be able to do the same with the 8” screen in the bronco?

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In some cars I’ve had sound shops use adaptors to keep the factory head unit. Will I be able to do the same with the 8” screen in the bronco?
I'm sure iMaestro will have a Sync 3 and Sync 4 adaptor to allow you to add external amps and speakers or replace the head unit if wanted.

Buckin_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can always keep the factory head unit. I would look at AudioControl for their integration. Otherwise there are always aftermarket amp integration harnesses. They are the more expensive option, but no opening wires or anything. If your installer is MECP certified then splicing into wires properly won’t void any warranties.
Sponsored