Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all,

I recently went on a road trip from NY to Wisconsin traveling mostly on the highway at 80+mph. It made me realize how much I do not like the stock speakers. Anyone have any recommendations for upgrading speakers? I am looking for something that is relatively easy to swap out.

Thanks
Sponsored

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

any replacement speakers are good compared to stock. I used Kenwood, they do just fine and a inexpensive. some swear by kicker, they are more pricey, some audiophile types will do for nothing less then Focal, which is great, but only if you have 700 to burn for each speaker. if you don't have a sub, add one. its important. I added basspro go from Kenwood, and its great. its removable/portable and can be used as a stand alone Bluetooth speaker (waterproof) as well.
you definitely want to get a dongle and use forscan to up the signal to the rear pods, too.

OP
OP
Browp24

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the info...I do not have or wish to spend 700 a speaker...do you have a link to the Kenwood you used?

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you don’t want to add an amp, go with something with high sensitivity like Hertz. Spend the money on the dash and rear, and be sure to add bass blockers to the dash. Next step up would be to get a kicker key 200.4 amp with plugnplaykits.com harness, easy install and powered by head unit. Either way, adding a sub is a game changer as well

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info...I do not have or wish to spend 700 a speaker...do you have a link to the Kenwood you used?
Go to crutchfield.com and enter your Bronco in the vehicle section. That will give you multiple options of speakers that are all better than stock. I'm no audiophile but I did replace all 6 of my speakers with Kickers and the improvement is dramatic over stock. Total cost was about $220. If you just do the front and rear 4" speakers, the 4 speaker cost would be lower. The kick panel speaker upgrade does make a difference but, to me, not as much as replacing the 4" speakers.

Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree, also there is a lot of good information in the forum with this topic. The videos are pretty awesome. Going through crutchfield they provide detailed and step by step instructions. I will be doing my upgrade tomorrow. I went with kicker speakers all around, with boom matts and bass blockers in the front. It came to about 200 dollars for everything. Good luck

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
Browp24

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I replaced all four of the 4" speakers and it made a HUGE difference. I left the stock kick panel speakers just to keep costs down. I also went with the Kicker's from Crutchfield. I love that company.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Browp24

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry one more question to those who have installed the kicker speakers. In reading the link to the post I also ordered the connectors below. Do you happen to know are these plug and play or do they need to be spliced? What did you use to connect?

Thanks

Metra Electronics 72-5602 4-Way Speaker Harness Connector for Ford & Mazda Vehicles, Multi Color

VADER

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 4 Door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Base

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for this - great knowing the value add of Crutchfield (and of course this awesome forum!) - FREE install stuff!!!!

Just ordered mine!! :)

** So the included adapter/harness means NO splicing at all right? Literally plug and play? Do they provide TWO harnesses (one for each speaker)? I ask because in my receipt it says only ONE was included. Wondering if I need to buy another one for the other speaker......

Last edited:

teevan

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for this - great knowing the value add of Crutchfield (and of course this awesome forum!) - FREE install stuff!!!!

Just ordered mine!! :)

** So the included adapter/harness means NO splicing at all right? Literally plug and play? Do they provide TWO harnesses (one for each speaker)? I ask because in my receipt it says only ONE was included. Wondering if I need to buy another one for the other speaker......
There are 2 harnesses in the pack, so you will be set. Crutchfield is pretty awesome, very impressed with them. They are plug and play, pretty easy process overall.
Sponsored