Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, I understand it's all pre-prod but it looked like the tray was built for the fridge. So it will be interesting to see what they finally offer in that space. That particular model may have been chosen for it's dimensions, to fit behind the seat and below the package tray. If those are requirements for you...
If you're referring to that slide out tray that says "FORD" in the old fashioned writing that's an option for the 4 door, it's not for the fridge.

That said, there will be some aftermarket storage solutions from several manufacturers who will basically have a cabinet with drawers and a slide out for a fridge with some custom solutions for a particular sized fridge.

Goose Gear should have or make something that will fit, or will soon. These things tend to cost a lot, but are removable for when you're not wheeling or overlanding, etc.

I'm my current old Disco 2, my fridge isn't in a slide out and I pay for that every time I camp. I use straps, but getting to stuff takes more work than it should and I'm getting older and lazier on a daily basis.

For the Bronco, I'll look at storage with a tray and will need to look at good ones since I do wheel and nothing worse than crap bumping around in back which could also be dangerous. It's money I don't want to spend, but will have to since I'm going with a 2Dr.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're referring to that slide out tray that says "FORD" in the old fashioned writing that's an option for the 4 door, it's not for the fridge.

That said, there will be some aftermarket storage solutions from several manufacturers who will basically have a cabinet with drawers and a slide out for a fridge with some custom solutions for a particular sized fridge.

Goose Gear should have or make something that will fit, or will soon. These things tend to cost a lot, but are removable for when you're not wheeling or overlanding, etc.

I'm my current old Disco 2, my fridge isn't in a slide out and I pay for that every time I camp. I use straps, but getting to stuff takes more work than it should and I'm getting older and lazier on a daily basis.

For the Bronco, I'll look at storage with a tray and will need to look at good ones since I do wheel and nothing worse than crap bumping around in back which could also be dangerous. It's money I don't want to spend, but will have to since I'm going with a 2Dr.
No, not the slide out tail gate. Understand I have watch a *few* Bronco videos so I don't recall which one but there was a slide out tray that fit the fridge exactly. It was on the pass side.

Edit: Here it is. ARB?

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, not the slide out tail gate. Understand I have watch a *few* Bronco videos so I don't recall which one but there was a slide out tray that fit the fridge exactly. It was on the pass side.
My apologies. Now I think with you saying it, the Overland concept did have a storage solution back there with a tray for the fridge. it was an option of course and likely not on the build and price (I certainly didn't see it).

I bet it's a Goose system since they're a recognizable brand that Ford can charge good money for.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit: Here it is. ARB?

Ahh you posted the video. For some reason it didn't come up when I was typing that reply. ARB would be a good brand if they make it also.

That's a nice rig, only needs a 2" lift. :)

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watch a trail recon video of the Moore Expo in Springfield MO and he mentioned this new fridge that uses an internal Lithium battery that will keep the fridge running for 3 days on a single charge. I think I may go with this and get the new Jackery 300 to power my CPAP.
https://www.heluxindustries.com/poweredcoolers

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All the ARB and Dometic 12V fridges have a SEPARATE (expensive) pull-out tray you can buy. RVs and camper trailers have been using them for years.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just FYI, the BMS on my 18 did not play well when an auxiliary battery was added with an isolator.
I've heard you can reprogram BMS or eliminate it via Forscan but I really try hard to leave everything stock. I'm hoping Ford has a turn key solution to support the 12v fridge without having to add wiring or extra batteries or anything else non-stock. Once you start doing non-stock mods, it becomes the excuse the dealer uses if there is any electrical or charging issues.

Basically they need to add an always-on 12v port, that shuts off if battery gets below some voltage, and make sure the alarm does not trigger when the load on that always-on port comes and goes.

They are smart guys, this should be a trivial problem for them to address, especially since they are now selling the option to add a fridge.
My suggestion does not include wiring anything to the truck. Its an independent stand alone battery and charging system that simply sit in your vehicle.
While I like the idea of simply plugging the fridge into the single 12v system. It isnt great for your battery and will cut its life by about a year maybe 2 with regular use. And for camping I have never relied on the vehicles battery for a 24 hour period. Sure it theoretically can go for longer and still have 12 volts but is there enough left to start up. Thats a big risk.

They also sell so called solar generators with lithium batteries in box with an inverter and solar charge controller. They are pricey for the size you would need to run a fridge and some lights and a phone charger or 2. Starting at around 500 for the size you would need and that doesnt include panels. But you could build your own. Only 4 wires and could be set up pretty nice for alot cheaper.

Maybe even build it in a vintage smaller cooler. 🤙

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs