Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand tires just enough to get myself into trouble.

I want to upgrade my stock Big Bend tires, but I have a non-sasquatch Badlands with 33" on order.

I want a more aggressive tread for my trip out west this summer, and I want to be able to move these new tires to the Badlands when/if it arrives and put the stock back on the Big Bend for resale/trade-in.

Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the Badlands come standard with 33” BFG KO2s. Which is my favorite all-around off-roading tire for someone who still needs to drive their Bronco heavily on pavement. Normally I would just recommend those, but seems silly to recommend a tire you will be getting anyway once your Badlands arrives.

So if you want something slightly more aggressive than KO2s, you are looking at something like Toyo Open Country A/T III or Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. A slight step up from that would be hybrid tires like the Nitto Ridge Grapplers or even the Goodyear Territory that come standard on Sasquatch. And then more aggressive than that you are looking at BFG KM3 or Milestar Patagonia M/T, Nitto Trail Grappler, etc.

Keep in mind that the stock Big Bend wheels are only 7.5” wide, which will limit you to some degree on which tire you can get. More aggressive tires are typically wider and therefore require a wider wheel.

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the Badlands come standard with 33” BFG KO2s. Which is my favorite all-around off-roading tire for someone who still needs to drive their Bronco heavily on pavement. Normally I would just recommend those, but seems silly to recommend a tire you will be getting anyway once your Badlands arrives.

So if you want something slightly more aggressive than KO2s, you are looking at something like Toyo Open Country A/T III or Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. A slight step up from that would be hybrid tires like the Nitto Ridge Grapplers or even the Goodyear Territory that come standard on Sasquatch. And then more aggressive than that you are looking at BFG KM3 or Milestar Patagonia M/T, Nitto Trail Grappler, etc.

Keep in mind that the stock Big Bend wheels are only 7.5” wide, which will limit you to some degree on which tire you can get. More aggressive tires are typically wider and therefore require a wider wheel.
This is exactly the information I’m looking for. I am worried about the different rims because I’m getting the upgraded badlands rims but still nonsasquatch.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly the information I’m looking for. I am worried about the different rims because I’m getting the upgraded badlands rims but still nonsasquatch.
Oh, awesome.

Obviously most tires support a range of rims sizes... either 7.50" to 9.00", 8.00" to 9.50", etc... so it shouldn't be that hard to find a tire. BUT, 33" is right when many manufacturers drop support for 7.50" rim. So definitely check the specs before you buy. You should be able to mount most 285mm and maybe even some 295mm wide tires on 7.50" rims. 305mm and up are probably going to be a no-go though. (Once you get above 295mm you'll probably have to start worrying about your wheel offset anyway, so probably a good idea to just ignore anything above 295mm.)

For reference both the standard and the optional Badlands wheels are 8” wide and the tire is a 285mm wide. The Sasquatch rim is 8.5" wide with a 315mm wide tire.

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, awesome.

Obviously most tires support a range of rims sizes... either 7.50" to 9.00", 8.00" to 9.50", etc... so it shouldn't be that hard to find a tire. BUT, 33" is right when many manufacturers drop support for 7.50" rim. So definitely check the specs before you buy. You should be able to mount most 285mm and maybe even some 295mm wide tires on 7.50" rims. 305mm and up are probably going to be a no-go though. (Once you get above 295mm you'll probably have to start worrying about your wheel offset anyway, so probably a good idea to just ignore anything above 295mm.)

For reference both the standard and the optional Badlands wheels are 8” wide and the tire is a 285mm wide. The Sasquatch rim is 8.5" wide with a 315mm wide tire.
I'll have my Big Bend at the dealer on Monday, so my plan is to discuss the options with them. Hopefully they understand what I'm trying to do.
Sponsored