Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I usually have Waze running whenever I am driving. I also have Waze display the GPS speed. I typically see a slight difference between the GPS speed and the vehicle speedometer; however, on the Bronco, it seems excessive.

At 80 MPH on the Bronco speedometer, Waze displays between 77 and 78 MPH. This equates to approximately 2.5% more miles being logged on the odometer than actually driven. This would end up in me being covered for 1200 miles less on my 60,000 extended warranty I purchased.

Needless to say, this will be on my list of issues to resolve when I take the Bronco in for warranty issues.

Before people start getting super worked up over the issues I am pointing out, let me say (again) this Bronco has surpassed every expectation I have had for it. To me, these issues are minor and easily fixable when Ford and the dealer are given the opportunity to fix them.
Sponsored

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I usually have Waze running whenever I am driving. I also have Waze display the GPS speed. I typically see a slight difference between the GPS speed and the vehicle speedometer; however, on the Bronco, it seems excessive.

At 80 MPH on the Bronco speedometer, Waze displays between 77 and 78 MPH. This equates to approximately 2.5% more miles being logged on the odometer than actually driven. This would end up in me being covered for 1200 miles less on my 60,000 extended warranty I purchased.

Needless to say, this will be on my list of issues to resolve when I take the Bronco in for warranty issues.

Before people start getting super worked up over the issues I am pointing out, let me say (again) this Bronco has surpassed every expectation I have had for it. To me, these issues are minor and easily fixable when Ford and the dealer are given the opportunity to fix them.
Forscan can fix that.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Verifying the odometer is reporting the correct miles should not be all that difficult. Record your mileage, drive a known distance, do a little cypherin', and wham bam thank you (it's) MA'AM, ya got yer answer...or just use the trip odometer.

Last edited:

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know on my car, you can input tire size. Say from switching from winter tires to summer slicks, so mileage and computer data remains accurate. Can Bronco be set to tire size?

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For me Waze is always 1mph off. If your not happy make them fix it. Probably a tire size adjustment.

OP
OP
Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What makes you think that Waze gps speed is more or just as accurate as your cars computer system that is literally monitoring your car? I have always noticed Waze is off 1-2 mph
Me too. It just seems to be off more in the Bronco than every other vehicle I've used it on.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Me too. It just seems to be off more in the Bronco than every other vehicle I've used it on.
did you try it in another vehicle afterwards to see if you can replicate the issue or see if there is an actual difference?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Within margin of error and not something that can be changed. Only speedos that are certified go in police Interceptors. Those have to be within 1-2% if I remember correctly. 3 mph is typical variation.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has anyone been able to use Forscan successfully with Sync 4?

OP
OP
Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did you try it in another vehicle afterwards to see if you can replicate the issue or see if there is an actual difference?
Within margin of error and not something that can be changed. Only speedos that are certified go in police Interceptors. Those have to be within 1-2% if I remember correctly. 3 mph is typical variation.
I haven't tried to replicate it yet. To be honest, I've been driving the Bronco quite a bit and only want to ride in it not anything else. That being said, I'll check it out in my wife's explorer.

As far as the accuracy, I agree that the civilian GPS is not as accurate as government use. I just notice the difference between the GPS and the speedometer is more than what I would typically see in other vehicles.

If it saves me from a ticket, it might be worth it! :ROFLMAO:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To me, these issues are minor and easily fixable when Ford and the dealer are given the opportunity to fix them.
I’m pretty sure your 1200 mile discrepancy would only be correct if you drove the entire 60,000 miles AT 80mph. Speedometer error tends to be greater the faster you go. Meaning at lower speeds your margin of error would likely be reduced to something far less significant. Maybe try your Waze at 20 or 40mph and see what it says?

also, it’s too early to say, but I suspect you are reading well within the allowable specs and it’s unlikely that the dealer can do much about it. Also, think about the change in diameter and thus distance travelled per revolution as your tire treads wear out with normal use.

either way though, Good luck and I’m glad to hear that you are loving your new Bronco!

Last edited: