Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi Everyone!
Expecting to get my beautiful Big Bend, Rapid Red, Non-Sas in just a few weeks. Out here in Central Texas, I’m hoping to spend a lot of time with the soft top down or off. Also taking the doors off. Considering using my Ford Rewards towards a bimini top. Question? Does anyone have experience or recommendations for a proximity alarm? I live in a safe area, and I have Ring as well as video flood lights, but that’s at home. I don’t know how I feel about jackholes getting close to my baby (that I’ve waited for longer than my actual children). What’s the vibe out there?
Sponsored

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in a similar situation, as this will be parked on the street in front of our house. Most of my jeep friends just leave their doors unlocked to avoid any damage during break-ins. But otherwise, I am thinking i may mount a Blink wireless camera inside. So long as the car is parked close enough to the house, i will be able to get a feed to record any motion detection (in theory).

There are other anti-theft deterrents out there, but overall I agree with just make sure to have good insurance and don't leave anything in there that someone may want to take.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People crawling all over and in your stuff is a real problem. I've decided just to leave the doors and top on for now and just pop the front panels once in a while. By the time it gets here I'll only have a month or two of topless weather anyway.

Next summer once the novelty has worn off a bit for the general public I'll give it a go.

bchapa2002

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi Everyone!
Expecting to get my beautiful Big Bend, Rapid Red, Non-Sas in just a few weeks. Out here in Central Texas, I’m hoping to spend a lot of time with the soft top down or off. Also taking the doors off. Considering using my Ford Rewards towards a bimini top. Question? Does anyone have experience or recommendations for a proximity alarm? I live in a safe area, and I have Ring as well as video flood lights, but that’s at home. I don’t know how I feel about jackholes getting close to my baby (that I’ve waited for longer than my actual children). What’s the vibe out there?
Hey Jfoster05, I'm in south Texas also and have a few jeep buddies who leave to top off all summer and fall. They tell me the proximity alarms are more of a nuisance than a deterrent. Like others have stated, just don't leave anything in there.

Sponsored

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I live in the NE (Philadelphia suburb) and have had a couple of jeeps with soft tops and have left the top and doors off overnight freqently. Agree with the others that i just do not leave anything of value in the vehicle but have never really had an issue.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am hopeful that Ford will sell replacement panels for the soft top. Should someone slash the window's it'll be way less costly to replace a single panel than the entire top

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i have cameras and lights around my house as well. few times a year some guys, kids, who knows will come by and test peoples door handles. if it opens, they will go in, grab whatever and go to the next house. i saw guys/kids because they are dumb and don't know what things have value. they took spare change from a neighbours work truck and left a bunch of milwaukee tools.

that said, never leave anything valuable that can be seen or easily access (unlocked glove box or storage).
if they can reach in a grab something they will.
if there's no doors on it, chances are someone will eventually sit in it and check it out.
it's a new car, so people are going to stop, look and get close if they want to.

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I leave the doors and top off my JL all the time, never had an issue.
Yesterday, the wife and I walked out of the restaurant we just had lunch at where my jeep was parked in the first spot .... with my keys sitting out in the open on the driver's seat. Apparently they had fallen out of my gym shorts without me realizing. Everyone that walked into that restaurant would have seen them and could have driven away. Whoops.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Joanna, we've owned convertibles for many years. I don't want to dissuade you in any way. But I never leave the top down if I can't keep at least one eye on the car, or there is someone I know near to keep an eye out. There are some real asshats out there these days, so just be mindful of where you leave your Bronco with the top down, or doosr off.

As an aside, I live too dang close to that chithole Charlotte, NC. So, that also plays a big part in my decisions when we're around our town with the top down. In a smaller, safer town you may not have any worries.

Sponsored

CSRedDragon

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi Everyone!
I ordered the soft top based on the ease of operation. You can open or close the top in 30 secs. Best of both worlds….worry-free sleep and open-air drive to work every morning!

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi Everyone!
Expecting to get my beautiful Big Bend, Rapid Red, Non-Sas in just a few weeks. Out here in Central Texas, I’m hoping to spend a lot of time with the soft top down or off. Also taking the doors off. Considering using my Ford Rewards towards a bimini top.
Why buy a BIMINI when you can “just take off side curtains and rear curtain” and you essentially have a Bimini.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi Everyone!
security drawer. I have it and it's build pretty good. Bolts to the bronco so no way they are taking it out of the bronco
Ford Bronco Spending a lot of time with soft top down or off 1625785391236

or the cargo enclosure so they can't see what is in there. People are more likely to steal crap if they can see what they want to take

Ford Bronco Spending a lot of time with soft top down or off 1625785469026

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its funny, Have an old CJ-8 and i dont run a top or doors. I have never had anything stolen. I think when its wide open, people assume there is nothing to steal.
Sponsored