Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone actually raise their hand for an Everglades?

I thought about starting a thread about the trim that nobody wants and no one asked for to see who was actually interested in this... thing.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if those side steps just bolt on the factory rock sliders?
Those aren't the factory Rock Rails, (Badlands, FE, option) those are the new short rail with side step option.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since the fording depth has been increased to 36 inches, it would be cool if someone would put masking tape on the pillar just to show what the "safe" Everglades fording depth really is. Then put a second piece of masking tape 3 inches lower for the rest of us Sasquatch guys.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would be all over this except the snorkel is damn ugly and doesn't even have a pre-filter. Wish you would have done a full 360 walk around.

Going to be interesting to see how fast these get built or don't get built. Tempted to jump on the package to potentially get a bronco faster.
Not a bad idea. Ford is committed to building the Everglades and the Bronco Raptor. There is a finite production capacity at MAP. The Ranger isn't going to cede volume to the Bronco with the various Splash editions needing to be produced onto of the normal production.

Ford extended the option to unscheduled order holders that they can opt for the Everglades. Someone who wants a Black Diamond but with additional capability and features might see the Everglades produced quicker.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since the fording depth has been increased to 36 inches, it would be cool if someone would put masking tape on the pillar just to show what the "safe" Everglades fording depth really is. Then put a second piece of masking tape 3 inches lower for the rest of us Sasquatch guys.
The graphic that everyone complains about is just that. There is a Sasquatch swimming and lines above and below that. One can gauge their fording depth by the graphic.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The graphic that everyone complains about is just that. There is a Sasquatch swimming and lines above and below that. One can gauge their fording depth by the graphic.
Now that is kinda cool.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now that is kinda cool.
I still hate the look of the graphic. But it does serve a purpose.

Overall, yes, it is a Franken-Bronco. But there are enough features that I would be interested if my Bronco wasn't built on Monday. A Black Diamond buyer can't get the signature lights and the high package 12" screen. It will have a unique interior MGV along with the wheels, winch, snorkel, etc. The price point is just as if Ford raided the parts bin. Yes, the winch is expensive. But with it being installed at the factory, it will be covered under the warranty.

And as I mentioned to another poster, It wouldn't surprise me to see unscheduled order holders wait longer as Everglades orders are scheduled ahead of them.

Sponsored

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the 36 inch mark the one where Big Foot is bathing? So the engineers designed this to require the driver to roll down the window, stick his head outside and look at the decal, huh. They make high water alarms for boat bilges. Why not mount one on the front bumper at 36 inches and listen for the scream? A broomstick and duct tape should work fine.

Last edited:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is the 36 inch mark the one where Big Foot is bathing? So the engineers designed this to require the driver to roll down the window, stick his head outside and look at the decal, huh. They make high water alarms for boat bilges. Why not mount one on the front bumper at 36 inches and listen for the scream? A broomstick and duct tape should work fine.
1. Roll down window
2. If water comes in you are too deep

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

people who think the extras you get with the Everglades are the same as adding them yourselves, are just like the ones who thought a Sasquatch is just big tires and a puck lift, or that they could "squatch" their base for less than the Sasquatch package cost

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the tick above Sasquatch swimming is the max fording depth line. And you alluded to a driver sticking their head outside the window. Seems like a standard practice to choose your line when you don't have a spotter to see wheel placement. Not sure why that would be a problem when fording a water hazard. The Everglades like the Black Diamond has no 360 cameras. Hence, Ford is fine with the winch as it won't block any camera view.
Ford Bronco Spent an afternoon with the Bronco EVERGLADES Special Edition in Michigan cant-block-the-camera-if-it-doesnt-have-one
Sponsored