Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Me and a buddy from Washington state spent a week in Moab with my Pops in law. Right off the bat, my buddy installed a 2.5" teraflex lift on his JLUR, and next day we were off! Seven mile Rim, and part of Deadman Point, as well as Spring Canyon switchbacks, were the first trails.

Easy, and plenty of great sights to see along the way. Next day was Fins n Things, and Hell's Revenge. My buddy's first time in Moab, and after Pops drove us up Hell's Gate, my buddy was hellbent on tackling it in his JL. He lifted a tire 3/4 of the way up, but nailed it.

Next up was Poison Spider Mesa. First time on that trail. I loved it. Definitely my favorite. We had lunch at the top of Skyline Drive, and went through the Launching Pad for fun on the way back.

To wrap up the week we traversed Top of the World for that iconic view.

received_636557988015558.jpeg

received_1276519639968013.jpeg

received_924701875269627.jpeg

20230527_102056.jpg

20230524_102202.jpg

20230527_120409_HDR.jpg

20230525_140341.jpg

WHEELING VIDEOS

Love the pics and videos.

Except where you violated the NP ban on drones to get pics. It's all fun until the only trace we leave is the inevitable downed drones scattered throughout the area.

OP
OP
Sitruc_btb

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Except where you violated the NP ban on drones to get pics. It's all fun until the only trace we leave is the inevitable downed drones scattered throughout the area.
What trail is in a national park? Or are drones prohibited everywhere? I don't own a drone myself, but I wasn't aware of us breaking a law by using a drone. I know drones aren't allowed in Arches and such, but we weren't in Arches.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just did the Off-Roadeo the weekend before. We did the Kokopelli trail and stopped at that same cave.
We had a fun time, highly recommend Moab to anyone wanting to do some trails.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The Moab trails are not state or national parks. Drones are allowed.
There are several state parks that do not allow drones in Utah, but the trails are open range.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sitruc_btb

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Sitruc_btb

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Did this kit raise the front to get rid of the rake angle? your truck looks very level, but it might just be the angles from your pics.
Nope, it's an even 1.5" all around, though, because of the angle of the rear shocks, it has less rake, but it is not level, which I prefer, so this particular kit was pretty much perfect for me. It might be around 0.5" taller in the back. Barely noticeable.

20230426_112042_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Gemini Bridges was a good easy get used to picking lines trail.

Honestly, the Dome Plateau trail is a good one too. Different people call it by different names but it's the one the Offroadeo groups go on although the groups tend to split up a bit after lunch. After doing the Offroadeo in a non-SAS Badlands 4dr. (girlfriend driving all), we did the first half of that trail 2 days later in our SAS Big Bend 2 dr. and I drove. Too very tiny scraping sounds (didn't see any damage underneath) coming off some ledges but aside from that no problem. Even gets you on 3 wheels right near the beginning. There are a series of ledges that would be challenging to come up so we turned around at those.

I didn't/haven't done it but Fins and Things could be good since there are easy and hard options and places you can bail out on roads to return to town. Fins and Things is on the list for next time for us.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gemini Bridges was a good easy get used to picking lines trail.

Honestly, the Dome Plateau trail is a good one too. Different people call it by different names but it's the one the Offroadeo groups go on although the groups tend to split up a bit after lunch. After doing the Offroadeo in a non-SAS Badlands 4dr. (girlfriend driving all), we did the first half of that trail 2 days later in our SAS Big Bend 2 dr. and I drove. Too very tiny scraping sounds (didn't see any damage underneath) coming off some ledges but aside from that no problem. Even gets you on 3 wheels right near the beginning. There are a series of ledges that would be challenging to come up so we turned around at those.

I didn't/haven't done it but Fins and Things could be good since there are easy and hard options and places you can bail out on roads to return to town. Fins and Things is on the list for next time for us.
Thanks

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seconded. Fins 'n Things is a great trail that will let your friends have some excitement with very few truly difficult sections. lots of up and down, but nothing a typical 4x4 can't handle and if the driver can't, there are usually bypasses. Hells Revenge can also be run in easy mode by bypassing all the hard stuff, and the hardest parts like hells gate, escalator, and tip over challenge are completely optional.

7 Mile rim is a great scenic and a little challenging trail that gets you out in the wild but not too far. Lots of other easy trails like shaffer switchbacks/potash road with a little out and back on part of the white rim trail, crystal geyser, and chicken corners.

OP
OP
Sitruc_btb

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got here (Moab) today. Im experienced, but the two with me are not. We are all 2door badlands sas, so im trying to figure out order of trails to break them in on. Help, please
Hey sorry for the delay. Seven Mile Rim is pretty mild! Except for Wipeout Hill. Fins n Things gets us used to some ups and downs. Look up Red Rock Four Wheelers.group online. They rate the trails 1-10 and explain what is needed for each trail, and what to expect.