Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So noticed in the specs that the locker(s) are Spicer Performa-TraK but when I tried to google, I could find anything about them.

I know what lockers do, but I don't know the pros and cons on the different way that the get it done.

Anyone know the details, durability, maintenance, wearable parts, etc on the Bronco Lockers?
Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aside from fluid changes and normal diff services there are no maintenance items on a electric locker. Unless it mechanically blows up or the solenoid fails.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a good amount of vids on YT explaining the different types and their pros and cons. The one thing I've read about the E-lockers is there is a fair amount of "free play" between forward and reverse, which is manageable I think, as long as you aren't hammering it in those two directions. For the hard core crowd, it seems an Ox or ARB air locker would be better as they don't have that free play.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is a forum search for the "Advantek" axles, there were many discussions around this that discussed the lockers:
Bronco6g Search: Advantek
and
Bronco6g Search: Performa-TraK

2021 Ford Bronco First Look
Power runs through Dana AdvanTEK axles. Depending on model, the front uses an M190 or M210 IFS unit, and the rear is a Dana 44-based M220 axle across the board, with either a 3.73, 4.10, or 4.70 final drive ratio. Performa-TraK electronic selectable locking diffs are standard on the high-capability models, available through select option packages on others. All Broncos are four-wheel drive, with no two-wheel-drive model planned.
https://www.fourwheeler.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-first-look/
Sponsored

Last edited: