First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone that has owned a jeep and kept the top off ever deal with spiders or other bugs making homes in their vehicle?
I've had spiders crawl on me just after leaving a window open overnight. Is it a concern with the top always off? or, am I just a giant baby?
Sponsored

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A coworker went out to his Jeep to go to lunch and found a huge swarm of 100s of bees in his Jeep. He had to call the base bug dudes to come to get rid of them

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't had a problem with spiders. But that is really going to depend on where you live and how long it sits. I've seen a small web starting attached to the mirror before but it was pretty easy just to knock it off. I hadn't driven it for a while.

I have had a few occasions where it had more mosquitoes in it than around it. It was wet on the inside from rain. Just had to get it moving and they all blew out.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A coworker went out to his Jeep to go to lunch and found a huge swarm of 100s of bees in his Jeep. He had to call the base bug dudes to come to get rid of them
I would have gotten some gasoline in a can and lit the vehicle on fire.

Ford Bronco Spiders if I always leave the top off? 1598298511444

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think if you daily drive it you should be fine. If you let it sit for a week I would expect critters to start making it a home.

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It would be a shame if the new Bronco was off-gassing substances similar to spider cuticular hydrocarbons which attracted spiders to fill the various systems of the car and caused a series of recalls because the car is full of spiders. WHICH IS A THING THAT HAPPENS OFTEN.

Sponsored

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely depends on where you intend on parking and for how long. I DD my Rubicon without the roof & doors and the only issue I've encountered is the neighbors' cat. Unknowingly drove off with him in the cargo area (tonneau covered) - scared the **** out of both of us!

OP
OP
rich

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HAHA, oh no. I live in Los Angeles where that is a very real possibility

joebravo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my old Wrangler with half doors I really only had issues with spiders when I parked in the woods (or in the country in Washington). One particularly memorable time was when I parked at a friend's house overnight near Beaver Lake in Sammamish, WA. Came out and the entire passenger window opening had a web built in it with a 3" spider in the middle of it.

Otherwise just small webs around the mirrors.

I also had the issue with it being a mosquito magnet though. Any moisture in the cloth seats attracted hoards of them. When I'd leave the top off I'd just hit the seats a few times before i got in to get them moving around before driving off.
Sponsored