mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Parked the cj under some trees once wind came up pretty good, i jump in wearing shorts right on to mr scorpion got me good but got him too.?look before you sit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rich

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I was only worried about a rogue spider here and there. Now I have bees, homeless people, cats, raccoons, mosquitoes scorpions, and probably the occasional jealous jeep guy.
Thanks for all that Forum! HAHA

A few takeaways...
-ALWAYS CLOSE YOUR AIR VENTS! I am terrified of spiders flying at me when I turn on my car now.
-Hit your seats to check for mosquitos.
-Absolutely getting wash out floors now to hose out whatever gets in there.
-A cat is going to give me a heart attack one day.

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well, I was only worried about a rogue spider here and there. Now I have bees, homeless people, cats, raccoons, mosquitoes scorpions, and probably the occasional jealous jeep guy.

A few takeaways...
-ALWAYS CLOSE YOUR AIR VENTS! I am terrified of spiders flying at me when I turn on my car now.
Hi Rich, I'll add one more for consideration - probably telling you something you already know, but pretty healthy Black Widow, and now Brown Widow spider population in SoCal. if you're going to leave top/doors off, spray some Raid or other aerosol insecticide up under the dash and seats now and again. If you find a web in the car that's messy and super tough - ripping sound when you pull on it - it's a widow in there. Not such a big deal when you have freedom of movement, but driving a car . . .?

". . . a Brown Widow under every piece of lawn furniture in LA county. . .".

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmm. This does make me think I'll have to keep the top on during "spider season".

Here in Central California we have about a month each year where thousands (probably millions) of spiders deploy webs and go flying around. Just coming out to the parking lot after work your car will have a couple dozens webs on it where spiders have landed.
Wow. Living in Indiana suddenly seems more appealing. “Spider season” HELLLLL NOOOOOO

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You might get bugs and stuff ,i will say it again everyone should own a convertible once in their life. Keeping the top off all summe is awesome jump in and go ,my buddy used to come home put it all back on what a hassle. Although that back piece on the 2dr looks pretty light.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A few takeaways...
We forgot snakes. The cottonmouths fall out of trees in eastern NC ...

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I lived in FL, I would have birds drop loads over my open topped jeep, had a squirrel set off my proximity sensor one time when I had the doors and top off. The best was when I went out to get into my jeep and as I was about to step into my jeep, I hear hissing and back away. 7.5' alligator under my jeep taking in the shade.

OP
OP
rich

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I lived in FL, I would have birds drop loads over my open topped jeep, had a squirrel set off my proximity sensor one time when I had the doors and top off. The best was when I went out to get into my jeep and as I was about to step into my jeep, I hear hissing and back away. 7.5' alligator under my jeep taking in the shade.

Did you at least offer it a ride?

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and the prius, thank goodness
Yep! When I strip my Jeep down I tend to leave it like that for days to weeks, weather depending. On numerous occasions I've come outside to head to work and notice a nice intricate web across the door opening or from the steering wheel to the shifter, etc. Bugs never really bothered me but it does freak me out to be heading down the road to have one of those lil 8 legged bastards start climbing up your leg!

My only fear is an animal pissing in it, which *knock on wood* hasn't happened.

Just comes with the territory of not having a garage I guess. I'll be expecting more of the same with the Bronco.

P.S. First post after many many months of lurking! Happy to officially be a member!
welcome to the forum!
18 years with wranglers and only had one encounter where I had to pull over.
I’ve parked in a garage 95% of the time.
would you go into details for your fellow bronco friends?
same thing happened to me when I left sunroof open and windows down in my old Integra one night. I got it and started to back out of driveway and a cat flew from the back seat between the seats past my head and out the sunroof. I almost had a heart attack.
lol. this one was trying to get in.
https://backfires.caranddriver.com/videos/2030624

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Living in Fl not one critter has entered my Jepp with the top and/or doors off.....but somehow rats/squirrels chewed up the knock sensor on my tundra (sat for a few days...I rotate my H3 and tundra to keep mileage low on both)....seems to be a common issue...heard rodents like Toyota wiring (read from another forum)

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Friend had mice chew some fiber optic harness on his mega dollar porsche had to be towed to dealer,klaus had to be flown in from germany,never really got fixed traded for lesser model.
200,000 + sports car taken out by 5 cent mouse.

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would a cover solve the spider ? issue? Think Ford will offer a factory cover for the Bronco?

tarantularock

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / future Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
would you go into details for your fellow bronco friends?
Most Of my run-ins with Little critters - spiders the size of ants an occasional bee/wasp has flown in and stung me. Caught a few times with heavy thunderstorm downpours and random hail.

I live up in Idaho and it was late summer I spotted a hobo spider up on the dashboard ... until All the sudden it wasn’t. I tried to swat at it and it disappeared towards my legs... I will not mess around with Those ones. I had to pull over and find / kill it.

top off is the best - I’ve been missing it for 6 years. I recommend strongly skipping the soft top just go with the hardtop for winter and a spidershade type top (no pun) for summer driving.
Sponsored