Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had spiders in my Jeep plenty of times just from leaving it overnight with no top/doors. My biggest recommendation, and I cannot stress this enough, is to CLOSE THE VENTS. Bugs will go inside them and there is the possibility of launching a spider when you start it up and the air starts blasting.

Ask me how I know... I screamed like a little girl, but I am alive.

Other than that, bugs aren't a major issue and the wind will blow everything out when you start driving. I just make sure I close the vents whenever I leave the Jeep without doors or a roof.

Good Lawd.

Had the windows down on the work truck one evening when I was building the house.....just happened to walk by and saw a HUUGGE mud dauber wasp fly in, land next to the AC vent and crawl in ..... just makes my skin crawl thinking about it.

Eventually it flew out and I rolled the windows up. I looked in there later and it had made a inch or two of mud tube in the duct work over a few hours.

If that big fuckin' bitch had crawled out while I was driving, I probably would have bailed.

Yeah, some tough Marine here!!! LOL

ill-punch-a-bee-i-dont-give-a-fuck-im-3835392.jpg
Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep! When I strip my Jeep down I tend to leave it like that for days to weeks, weather depending. On numerous occasions I've come outside to head to work and notice a nice intricate web across the door opening or from the steering wheel to the shifter, etc. Bugs never really bothered me but it does freak me out to be heading down the road to have one of those lil 8 legged bastards start climbing up your leg!

My only fear is an animal pissing in it, which *knock on wood* hasn't happened.

Just comes with the territory of not having a garage I guess. I'll be expecting more of the same with the Bronco.

P.S. First post after many many months of lurking! Happy to officially be a member!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone that has owned a jeep and kept the top off ever deal with spiders or other bugs making homes in their vehicle?
I've had spiders crawl on me just after leaving a window open overnight. Is it a concern with the top always off? or, am I just a giant baby?
You are not a baby. I'd rather have a gator in my car instead of a spider. I would wreck my truck if one got on me when I was driving. :LOL:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are not a baby. I'd rather have a gator in my car instead of a spider. I would wreck my truck if one got on me when I was driving. :LOL:
A friend of a friend flipped his car on the freeway because of a Spider. The car was totaled. He was ok except his pride. The spider probably got off Scott free

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a spider living inside my driver side mirror on my Taco, I sprayed the entire thing but a different spider moved right back in shortly after. Amazingly the web doesn't blow away at even (cough) 80MpH.
So I expect spiders to move in when parked open. Right now I'm thinking probably going with the soft top only, so I might just button it up at night, we'll see. Also don't want the leaves and mess from our trees in it, but I plan to have the messiest ones (eucalyptus) removed soon, since they're such a fire magnet.
If I take everything off for longer time I might just get a car cover or throw a huge drop cloth over it, or I'll start giving the spiders names, Boris will be the first one of course ;-)

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spiders don't like the smell of peppermint or eucalyptus. Leave some Halls cough drops in the glove box.
Sure they got some air fresheners with that scent

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get you one of these.

Ford Bronco Spiders if I always leave the top off? ShamefulBriefBlueandgoldmackaw-size_restricted
Got one of those at my folks house.

Speaking of flies, anyone ever have to deal with Horse flies? Those fuckers are nasty

Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Got one of those at my folks house.

Speaking of flies, anyone ever have to deal with Horse flies? Those fuckers are nasty
Nothing beats a green head!
Ford Bronco Spiders if I always leave the top off? IMG_4129a

tarantularock

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / future Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
18 years with wranglers and only had one encounter where I had to pull over.
I’ve parked in a garage 95% of the time.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing beats a green head!
Ford Bronco Spiders if I always leave the top off? IMG_4129a
All I know is I go swimming at my parents house and you gotta duck when they land on you, as they BITE!