First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone that has owned a jeep and kept the top off ever deal with spiders or other bugs making homes in their vehicle?
I've had spiders crawl on me just after leaving a window open overnight. Is it a concern with the top always off? or, am I just a giant baby?
I had a wrangler for 5 years. When in the woods, or near any bushes, you'll have spiders find their way around the vehicle. When top off, there will be times one or two find their way inside, but in general, be prepared to swat at one or two off your leg when you start driving again, but you'll be warned ahead of time when you see spider webs or feel them at least.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you park in a garage and spray for bugs often you probably won’t have trouble. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be surprised by anything and everything making itself at home in a nice cozy bronco

OP
OP
rich

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you park in a garage and spray for bugs often you probably won’t have trouble. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be surprised by anything and everything making itself at home in a nice cozy bronco

As long as they are making part of my payment I can work something out with them.

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had spiders in my Jeep plenty of times just from leaving it overnight with no top/doors. My biggest recommendation, and I cannot stress this enough, is to CLOSE THE VENTS. Bugs will go inside them and there is the possibility of launching a spider when you start it up and the air starts blasting.

Ask me how I know... I screamed like a little girl, but I am alive.

Other than that, bugs aren't a major issue and the wind will blow everything out when you start driving. I just make sure I close the vents whenever I leave the Jeep without doors or a roof.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had spiders in my Jeep plenty of times just from leaving it overnight with no top/doors. My biggest recommendation, and I cannot stress this enough, is to CLOSE THE VENTS. Bugs will go inside them and there is the possibility of launching a spider when you start it up and the air starts blasting.

Ask me how I know... I screamed like a little girl, but I am alive.

Other than that, bugs aren't a major issue and the wind will blow everything out when you start driving. I just make sure I close the vents whenever I leave the Jeep without doors or a roof.
At least the spiders won't be blowing on the rear passengers via the back of the console.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You might get some small spiders. I had tarantulas scoping out my wrangler out in the Arizona desert, but none climbed inside. To my knowledge.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have spiders build webs all the time inside my 4Runner and I keep it in my garage with the windows up when I park overnight.... no idea how they get there but with that said I’m sure I’ll have the same problem with the bronco lol

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A coworker went out to his Jeep to go to lunch and found a huge swarm of 100s of bees in his Jeep. He had to call the base bug dudes to come to get rid of them
I'd be calling the base flamethrower dudes. Burn that shit. I'll buy another with the insurance money.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spiders don't like the smell of peppermint or eucalyptus. Leave some Halls cough drops in the glove box.
Keep hedgeapples under the seats....

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My old CJ was bikini top only and usually doorless. We have 6-7" cane spiders here on the islands. One day driving at about 45mph, one of them crawled from under the dash and up on to the window vent and rode right there with me taking in the view all the way to town. then later crawled back under to its home. So to answer, no never had any problems with spiders lol!

Also there is a gecko that lives under the hood of my bronco that crawls out in town when we are cruising at lower speeds to eat fresh bugs of the windshield.
Sponsored