Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I know is I go swimming at my parents house and you gotta duck when they land on you, as they BITE!
Horse flies and deer flies!!!
Seems to me, the horse flys are less prone to land on you, but the deer flies are definitely looking for a meal. Damn itchy bite too!

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
18 years with wranglers and only had one encounter where I had to pull over.
I’ve parked in a garage 95% of the time.
My experience has been similar. Non issue for me

Jmgunn0124

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I keep my top and doors off for months at a time but it’s parked in the garage. Not the least buggy garage though. I haven’t seen any bugs in it, but when it comes time to put the top and doors back on I go for a quick drive so the wind will hopefully sweep any away that happen to be inside the Jeep.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely depends on where you intend on parking and for how long. I DD my Rubicon without the roof & doors and the only issue I've encountered is the neighbors' cat. Unknowingly drove off with him in the cargo area (tonneau covered) - scared the **** out of both of us!
same thing happened to me when I left sunroof open and windows down in my old Integra one night. I got it and started to back out of driveway and a cat flew from the back seat between the seats past my head and out the sunroof. I almost had a heart attack.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone that has owned a jeep and kept the top off ever deal with spiders or other bugs making homes in their vehicle?
I've had spiders crawl on me just after leaving a window open overnight. Is it a concern with the top always off? or, am I just a giant baby?
Try mice or raccoons. My kids left the garage door open overnight, and the damn racoons got in. What a mess.

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UMMMM ABSOLUTELY NOT WILL I LEAVE IT OPEN! ?. I don’t like bugs and I absolutely hate spiders. I never leave a window or sunroof open. ???. I don’t care how much of a pain it is I will put the top on and off daily lol lol ?. Mind you I live in a country setting with a one acre wooded lot as my home. I’ll be investing in big spray.

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a Wrangler in Arizona and went for about a year without a full top on it. I never had an issue out there with bugs moving into the Jeep. It was parked outdoors, but it was a daily driver, so it was never stationary for too long.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm. This does make me think I'll have to keep the top on during "spider season".

Here in Central California we have about a month each year where thousands (probably millions) of spiders deploy webs and go flying around. Just coming out to the parking lot after work your car will have a couple dozens webs on it where spiders have landed.

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The top and doors have not been on my Jeep in 2 years. I definitely do get spiders here and there but nothing outrageous. Actually, other than spiders, I very rarely get bugs in it. Not a major concern in my experience.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Horse flies and deer flies!!!
Seems to me, the horse flys are less prone to land on you, but the deer flies are definitely looking for a meal. Damn itchy bite too!
I suspected they were deer flies as well, Colts Neck has tons of those giant rats

All I know is they're this big ------------- and got like razor sharp teeth, like I felt the bite again just thinking about it

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a Wrangler in Arizona and went for about a year without a full top on it. I never had an issue out there with bugs moving into the Jeep. It was parked outdoors, but it was a daily driver, so it was never stationary for too long.
I would be worried about the black widows and scorpions. I used to catch black widows in a jar... co-worker had scorpions in his house, cat was playing with them.

OP
OP
rich

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are not a baby. I'd rather have a gator in my car instead of a spider. I would wreck my truck if one got on me when I was driving. :LOL:

I hope you are getting the Sasquatch package to keep the gators out!
Sponsored