First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was thinking the same thing. God I love the Bronco, always have. But more and more some of these stupid little things piss me off. If I wanted big fender flares, I'd buy a Jeep. If I wanted a swing gate I'd buy a Jeep. Guess what? I don't WANT a Jeep. Ford shouldn't have put anything on the new Bronco that says Jeep!!

The fender flares are needed so that the Bronco can be safe to drive on the road and pass various DOT tests. Can you imagine how wide a bronco would be that would be able to safely fit 35’s or 37’s within the bodywork?? It would be fucking huge.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I continue to be uninspired by the body lines. To me this is still too bland to become a classic based on it's styling. -- so it better have something awe inspiring hidden up it's sleeve in technical or performance capability.

It could be worse, but it could be a lot better.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The fender flares are needed so that the Bronco can be safe to drive on the road and pass various DOT tests. Can you imagine how wide a bronco would be that would be able to safely fit 35’s or 37’s within the bodywork?? It would be fucking huge.
Just out of curiosity since you think we need these huge flares, can you tell me when exactly was the last time you saw a production vehicle ship from the factory with 35's or 37's? Yeah I didn't think so. Therefor, save the flares for aftermarket and give me more room inside. Or keep the room inside the same and just ditch the ugly flares. For the little tires that will ship with the Bronco, I don't see the flares as needed. Once again, that's a Jeep thing.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just out of curiosity since you think we need these huge flares, can you tell me when exactly was the last time you saw a production vehicle ship from the factory with 35's or 37's? Yeah I didn't think so. Therefor, save the flares for aftermarket and give me more room inside. Or keep the room inside the same and just ditch the ugly flares. For the little tires that will ship with the Bronco, I don't see the flares as needed. Once again, that's a Jeep thing.
um, today? f-250s+ have 35s. we also know that the Bronco will have trims that have 35s stock. The raptor...

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

still not a fan of the flares either, they could have easily built more into the body line and reduced the flares to more raptor style. That would have differentiate it for a typical Jeep profile.

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the biggest problem facing ford is this car doesnt really look anything like the bronco in any way from purely a branding perspective. Maybe if they added that sick red pinstripe livery or something it could help. But other than that it looks like a wrangler. Which isnt bad , it will definately sell because its another 4x4 convertible which just by itself is a major seller. I just dont undertsand why ford would use the bronco name here. It seems like the 2 door is the only one that will come close to actually looking like a previous bronco

On the upside the black one looks like the *good* jeep cherokees from the early 2000s/90s
Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo 2021-ford-bronco-new-leaked-images

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I continue to be uninspired by the body lines. To me this is still too bland to become a classic based on it's styling. -- so it better have something awe inspiring hidden up it's sleeve in technical or performance capability.

It could be worse, but it could be a lot better.
I do agree that it is not an inspiring as the EB, or as bold as the FSB, at least from what we have seen so far. The EB was just iconic in how clean and simple the lines were.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the biggest problem facing ford is this car doesnt really look anything like the bronco in any way. Maybe if they added that sick red pinstripe livery or something it could help. But other than that it looks like a wrangler.

On the upside the black one looks like the *good* jeep cherokees from the early 2000s/90s
Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo 2021-ford-bronco-new-leaked-images
I think I've got it. I think it is the short body tall top of the EB, vs the tall body short top of this, without having the gradual change over 3 decades like the Jeep which is the same.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
can we see pictures of that? would really like to see early ideas/iterations