Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
can we see pictures of that? would really like to see early ideas/iterations
We will probably see it in the documentary about the Bronco similar to how we saw early iterations of the Mustang.

Just out of curiosity since you think we need these huge flares, can you tell me when exactly was the last time you saw a production vehicle ship from the factory with 35's or 37's? Yeah I didn't think so. Therefor, save the flares for aftermarket and give me more room inside. Or keep the room inside the same and just ditch the ugly flares. For the little tires that will ship with the Bronco, I don't see the flares as needed. Once again, that's a Jeep thing.
uhhhhh we’ve literally seen 35’s on the bronco prototypes. And the raptor. And the tremor F-250.

I’m sure the base trim will have very minimal flairs.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still love how this thing is coming, and this is probably just nit picking, but does it seem odd for a 2021, brand new vehicle, to have a traditional antenna still? Maybe its a removable top issue and there's no where else to mount a modern shark fin antenna on the roof? Love seeing the progress though!
Thats the CB whip! 10-4;)

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this was fords single most important design decision. Should they stick with a terrible driving front and real solid axles to tackle terrain that only 1% of owners actually go to? or understand that the market wants a mall crawler SUV with good milage that has a removable roof that they can drive on the beach with?

I think they made the obvious decision here. People want a wrangler that drives better and gets better gas milage.

The ultimate question here is HOW customizable will these vehicles be. If they admit at launch they might have front axles available to buy from 3rd parties. It could negate this problem and give enthusiasts what they actually want.

There could also be that GOAT thing.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this was fords single most important design decision. Should they stick with a terrible driving front and real solid axles to tackle terrain that only 1% of owners actually go to? or understand that the market wants a mall crawler SUV with good milage that has a removable roof that they can drive on the beach with?

I think they made the obvious decision here. People want a wrangler that drives better and gets better gas milage.

The ultimate question here is HOW customizable will these vehicles be. If they admit at launch they might have front axles available to buy from 3rd parties. It could negate this problem and give enthusiasts what they actually want.

There could also be that GOAT thing.
The front suspension of the Bronco is still one of the things we barely know anything about when we know a decent amount about the rest.

If it was just a Ranger front end doesn’t seem like something that would need to be kept all that secret now would it?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do agree that it is not an inspiring as the EB, or as bold as the FSB, at least from what we have seen so far. The EB was just iconic in how clean and simple the lines were.
Look at it this way. In 2005 Ford re-designed the Mustang and everyone could instantly tell what the car was when it came out. The more I see this new (4) door Bronco, the more my initial impression is blah. Maybe this long 24 year wait is finally getting to me, idk. But damn they really could've done better.

Honestly, I feel like the '04 Concept (even with some of it's inward slanting lines) screamed Bronco more than this new one. And yes, I would've bought this concept in a heartbeat! Sorry, just my opinion.

Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo Concept 04

Sponsored

JTL2017

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano...sadly
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This looks like the one the black bronco that was leaked prior. I really like the bronco and while the 2 door stays true to its name, the 4 door is the one that will sell. I agree that it has similarities to a Jeep (especially the 4 door).

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The front suspension of the Bronco is still one of the things we barely know anything about when we know a decent amount about the rest.

If it was just a Ranger front end doesn’t seem like something that would need to be kept all that secret now would it?
They have "GOAT" branding on the products of the new social media store. So maybe there is something to those patents about the suspension

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Added some closeups of undercarriage and suspension bits.
Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo Concept 04
Interesting there are so few cutouts for cooling in the front of the camo. We can assume it is cold where they are testing so that maybe part of it but it looked like the lowest cutout was for cooling as well and therefore no winch in that slot. However, when zooming in on the photo you can see a plastic panel in there so maybe that will host a winch and it is not for cooling after all?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Look at it this way. In 2005 Ford re-designed the Mustang and everyone could instantly tell what the car was when it came out. The more I see this new (4) door Bronco, the more my initial impression is blah. Maybe this long 24 year wait is finally getting to me, idk. But damn they really could've done better.

Honestly, I feel like the '04 Concept (even with some of it's inward slanting lines) screamed Bronco more than this new one. Sorry, just my opinion.

I mean a 4 door bronco is just inherently going to look a lot different, and the one good picture we have of the Bronco is the lamest trim level. There’s going to be options a lot more up your alley me thinks.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The fender flares are needed so that the Bronco can be safe to drive on the road and pass various DOT tests. Can you imagine how wide a bronco would be that would be able to safely fit 35’s or 37’s within the bodywork?? It would be fucking huge.
In hawaii we have our annual safety check and that include tires within the fenders. Alot of guys with big trucks just use garden edging or have a set of skinny 215s or 235s too put on their trucks with 12 inches of lift to go get checked. Then swap back to 15 inch wide boggers stretched out on 16 inch wide rims. with fake beadlock rings just to get another inch.

Sponsored

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is also the small possibility that they are launching the consumer versions of this product first.

Right now we know of the bronco sport and the normal bronco. Maybe there is an enthusiast "bronco raptor" that has different body/suspension configuration/engine.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

uhhhhh we’ve literally seen 35’s on the bronco prototypes. And the raptor. And the tremor F-250.

I’m sure the base trim will have very minimal flairs.
Sure and if I'm not mistaken, we saw 35's with the old F-250 Bigfoot.... Until Ford had a recall on them, removed the lift, removed the bumpers and removed the tires. So again, which vehicle actually ships with 12"+ wide mudders on it? None that I'm aware of. But then again, I haven't bought a truck in a number of years. Maybe you like the flares, maybe you see a need for them. Personally, I could do without them.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is also the small possibility that they are launching the consumer versions of this product first.

Right now we know of the bronco sport and the normal bronco. Maybe there is an enthusiast "bronco raptor" that has different body/suspension configuration/engine.
Ford has a direct competitor for everything in Jeep’s lineup except the base sport. And then the “raptor” that will come out a year or two down the road that will outdo all of them.
Sponsored