JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at it this way. In 2005 Ford re-designed the Mustang and everyone could instantly tell what the car was when it came out. The more I see this new (4) door Bronco, the more my initial impression is blah. Maybe this long 24 year wait is finally getting to me, idk. But damn they really could've done better.

Honestly, I feel like the '04 Concept (even with some of it's inward slanting lines) screamed Bronco more than this new one. And yes, I would've bought this concept in a heartbeat! Sorry, just my opinion.

Concept 04.jpg
I actually liked the '04 concept, and you're right, it immediately screams bronco, even with the tall body short top formula I had just mentioned.

Maybe it'll look alot better in other colors and/or with stripe packages.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure and if I'm not mistaken, we saw 35's with the old F-250 Bigfoot.... Until Ford had a recall on them, removed the lift, removed the bumpers and removed the tires. So again, which vehicle actually ships with 12"+ wide mudders on it? None that I'm aware of. But then again, I haven't bought a truck in a number of years. Maybe you like the flares, maybe you see a need for them. Personally, I could do without them.
https://www.harborfreight.com/power...-rotating-handle-reciprocating-saw-61884.html

There ya go. Merry Christmas.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I mean a 4 door bronco is just inherently going to look a lot different, and the one good picture we have of the Bronco is the lamest trim level. There’s going to be options a lot more up your alley me thinks.
Not at all trying to pick a fight with you Nick.
Just saying that the design of the Bronco is starting to fizzle on me. Always have the option of the next gen. Hell I still love my '12 Mustang way better than the '05's. So there's always hope I guess.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn Nick, can't even get me a sweet cordless one? Gotta go cheap on me (JUST LIKE THOSE LAME ASS FLARES) and get me the corded model? :ROFLMAO:
As little as I trust Harbor freight power tools, I definitely don’t trust any of their cordless tools :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has a direct competitor for everything in Jeep’s lineup except the base sport. And then the “raptor” that will come out a year or two down the road that will outdo all of them.
unless the engine specs are not accurate for the bronco , the 2.7 engine makes the wrangler irrelevant on the road and off the road unless rocks/serious terrain is involved.

Wrangler is in deep trouble because their vehicle is severely underpowered and has been in a design slump for a long time. They will eventually have to pull a mustang and redesign the car from the ground up to get weigh savings / better engine tech / interior solutions.

If ford has competitive pricing , better more spacious interior and visibility , and better technology. Its going to be a better product than the wrangler for a large amount of consumers.

However they run into danger with the IFS descision as most hardcore offroaders will spit in fords mouth over that. Which is why I think it might be smart for ford to have at launch a serious lift/front axle kit available from 3rd parties.

Last edited:

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As little as I trust Harbor freight power tools, I definitely don’t trust any of their cordless tools :ROFLMAO:
I don't know about their electric tools, but I've been beating the tar out of their gas powered wood chipper for a couple of months now. It's not without its limitations, but it's getting the job done.

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still love how this thing is coming, and this is probably just nit picking, but does it seem odd for a 2021, brand new vehicle, to have a traditional antenna still? Maybe its a removable top issue and there's no where else to mount a modern shark fin antenna on the roof? Love seeing the progress though!

Perhaps as was mentioned somwhere else on here maybe integrating walkie talkie type (watever they r called) radio capabilities

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know about their electric tools, but I've been beating the tar out of their gas powered wood chipper for a couple of months now. It's not without its limitations, but it's getting the job done.
Here’s how I look at harbor freight tools:

If it’s something I need one-off and never again, rent or borrow. (Rotary drywall sander or large demo hammer for example) UNLESS it’s cheaper to buy the harbor freight version. Then I just do that.

If it’s something I need occasionally, (palm sander, angle grinder) or just for one project, harbor freight does fine and if it croaks quickly I can either upgrade or buy another.

If it’s something I use a lot (drill, impact driver, reciprocating saw) I just got straight to Milwaukee.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Lord, this thing is going to be awesome. Just hope my wife likes it!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think this thing is looking great. As others have mentioned things like the flat front control arms is great, the rear arms are low hanging but also very flat which I think is to facilitate leaving the stock arms on a significant lift. Yeah the mounts are low but fine for the type of offroading that people who wont lift it will do and when you do lift it they will be further away and probably behind some big rock rails. I LOVE fender flares, Broncos are great at alot of things but all my most hardcore wheeling has been in CJs and if I ever want to have real fun in this and keep its body undamaged I NEED a big cheap plastic flare that I can drag against the root filled bank on the inside of my driveways turn. I have to go offroad through obstacles just to get to a a road. So that is perfect for me. Someone pointed out the rear window doesnt appear to go down all the way which does suck for storage but they did include that triangle to atleast brace the glass so maybe I wont break it when I drop it 10 years from now. As for the design looking like a jeep I dont think it does. I think the doors and pillars look alot different and the whole front end with its big flat hood definitely screams bronco. Its a hinderance for trail visibility but it looks cool.

I can honestly say that aside from the IFS not being something more radical like the TTB and the 2 door not being a touch longer so I wouldn't have to buy a 4 door(like a chump), every new leak has gotten me more and more excited about this beast. Every new angle I see shows me something I cant wait to examine in person for hours(im the guy who lays under cars every car I buy for at least 20min before buying).

So far I think this thing looks great and is ripe for personalized modification. which is what fuels Jeeps success. For all the people complaining about every little thing on it like the antenna!?! Sorry I guess you will just have to go buy the new Blazer and ride around it with your buddys Blade, Laser, and Colin Robinson.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just out of curiosity since you think we need these huge flares, can you tell me when exactly was the last time you saw a production vehicle ship from the factory with 35's or 37's? Yeah I didn't think so. Therefor, save the flares for aftermarket and give me more room inside. Or keep the room inside the same and just ditch the ugly flares. For the little tires that will ship with the Bronco, I don't see the flares as needed. Once again, that's a Jeep thing.
in pa you can't have tires that go more than 2 in out of the fender wells...
you beat me again

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is there some kind of rail that now runs from the tie down points all the way back to the windshield?

Compare the test Bronco to the leaked one.

Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door_Less_001

Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo Leaked 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door Black 2 Door Topless Pics
Sponsored