Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here’s how I look at harbor freight tools:

If it’s something I need one-off and never again, rent or borrow. (Rotary drywall sander or large demo hammer for example) UNLESS it’s cheaper to buy the harbor freight version. Then I just do that.

If it’s something I need occasionally, (palm sander, angle grinder) or just for one project, harbor freight does fine and if it croaks quickly I can either upgrade or buy another.

If it’s something I use a lot (drill, impact driver, reciprocating saw) I just got straight to Milwaukee.
Harbor freight is great for winches, consumables, hydraulics, hand tools, and stuff that costs 6 plus times the price anywhere else. They also have a monopoly on 20% coupons. Sensitive electronics not so much.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is there some kind of rail that now runs from the tie down points all the way back to the windshield?

Compare the test Bronco to the leaked one.

2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door_Less_001.jpg

Leaked 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door Black 2 Door Topless Pics.jpg
Probably just a piece of carboard so the tie down doesnt rip the camo.

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there some kind of rail that now runs from the tie down points all the way back to the windshield?

if you look close you can see the "rails" are part of the body in the leaked photo. Look a the black car on the other side of the hood

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Harbor freight is great for winches, consumables, hydraulics, hand tools, and stuff that costs 6 plus times the price anywhere else. They also have a monopoly on 20% coupons. Sensitive electronics not so much.
we got this one and it hasn't let us down so far...

ben5243

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Yeah looks like the camo'd one doesn't have the tie-down bracket/whatever on the front, you're just seeing the sheet metal from the looks of it.
Which supports some theories of that piece being removable or only on some trims.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

No I think that is some hood padding under the camo. It kind of extends the appearance of the front rails. The padding looks like it goes higher up to the wiper arm as well, compared to the non-camo photo.

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the biggest problem facing ford is this car doesnt really look anything like the bronco in any way from purely a branding perspective. Maybe if they added that sick red pinstripe livery or something it could help. But other than that it looks like a wrangler. Which isnt bad , it will definately sell because its another 4x4 convertible which just by itself is a major seller. I just dont undertsand why ford would use the bronco name here. It seems like the 2 door is the only one that will come close to actually looking like a previous bronco

On the upside the black one looks like the *good* jeep cherokees from the early 2000s/90s
2021-ford-bronco-new-leaked-images.jpg
I'd argue it has Troller underpinnings.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still love how this thing is coming, and this is probably just nit picking, but does it seem odd for a 2021, brand new vehicle, to have a traditional antenna still? Maybe its a removable top issue and there's no where else to mount a modern shark fin antenna on the roof? Love seeing the progress though!
Nah as this is closer to a truck than a car and like majority of trucks on the market they still have a antenna

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Probably just a piece of carboard so the tie down doesnt rip the camo.

Sponsored

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just out of curiosity since you think we need these huge flares, can you tell me when exactly was the last time you saw a production vehicle ship from the factory with 35's or 37's? Yeah I didn't think so. Therefor, save the flares for aftermarket and give me more room inside. Or keep the room inside the same and just ditch the ugly flares. For the little tires that will ship with the Bronco, I don't see the flares as needed. Once again, that's a Jeep thing.
This Bronco has factory options of 35s AND 37s so there ya go on the flares. They're not messing around.

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Definitely a fin of some sort behind the tie down. Same thing in the spy shots and the leak.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it was just a Ranger front end doesn’t seem like something that would need to be kept all that secret now would it?
They could just be avoiding bringing any more attention to parts they know underperform. We've seen the horrid lack of articulation in their Johnson Valley video.

Honestly, I feel like the '04 Concept (even with some of it's inward slanting lines) screamed Bronco more than this new one. And yes, I would've bought this concept in a heartbeat! ...

Concept 04.jpg
I've never cared for it, but at least it has a style that says something. The pics with some lighting that shows off lines in the real deal just show us a boringly safe generic SUV like blob that everyone will forget.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Still love how this thing is coming, and this is probably just nit picking, but does it seem odd for a 2021, brand new vehicle, to have a traditional antenna still? Maybe its a removable top issue and there's no where else to mount a modern shark fin antenna on the roof? Love seeing the progress though!
Fine by me. I'll probably replace the stock antenna with an off road antenna from AntennaX like I did on my Tundra. Then again, I went with that antenna on my Tundra because the automated car wash bent the crap out of my stock antenna. The car wash doesn't seem to bother the off road antenna, so I expect it would do just fine with tree limbs and whatnot.

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4runner 1978 International Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fine by me. I'll probably replace the stock antenna with an off road antenna from AntennaX like I did on my Tundra. Then again, I went with that antenna on my Tundra because the automated car wash bent the crap out of my stock antenna. The car wash doesn't seem to bother the off road antenna, so I expect it would do just fine with tree limbs and whatnot.
Yeah I totally get it. An antenna would never be a deal breaker. The only vehicle I can compare it to is my current 4Runner. But I think the antenna is integrated in the quarter glass. Can't exactly do that to a vehicle with a removable top! This new Bronco reminds me so much of the old Scouts that I cant wait for the day that I can drive a new 2 door since that will be the closest thing I'll get to the old International.
Sponsored