Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think they made the obvious decision here. People want a wrangler that drives better and gets better gas milage.
I agree, I think there are a lot of people looking for this, me included.
Sponsored

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont think resale value will be a thing until good sales are established.

You also have to understand the reason wranglers have good resale is because its the only car of its kind on the market. A competitor could spell doom for both bronco and wrangler resale.

Raptor will continue to be resale king

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This unnecessary side comment does nothing to dissuade me from my theory (after studying the kits to change Rangers to SFA) that the factory could offer more than just a choice of grills without too much trouble....

especially with a new frame from scratch.

tacowolf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hennessey Velociraptor 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This unnecessary side comment does nothing to dissuade me from my theory (after studying the kits to change Rangers to SFA) that the factory could offer more than just a choice of grills without too much trouble....

Let’s hope so!

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont think resale value will be a thing until good sales are established.

You also have to understand the reason wranglers have good resale is because its the only car of its kind on the market. A competitor could spell doom for both bronco and wrangler resale.

Raptor will continue to be resale king
you ain't kidding. first gen raptors are still going for 50,000+...

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
you ain't kidding. first gen raptors are still going for 50,000+...
That’s half my problem. Clean, unabused raptors are barely cheaper than brand new. The other half is that 99% of all preowned raptors I find are black and have ugly aftermarket wheels.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s half my problem. Clean, unabused raptors are barely cheaper than brand new. The other half is that 99% of all preowned raptors I find are black and have ugly aftermarket wheels.
might as well just by a new one then. those shocks...

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
might as well just by a new one then. those shocks...
Yeah they’re beastly. If I could find a 800A (base) extended cab Raptor new on a lot I would bounce on it today. Unfortunately dealers only order crew cabs loaded to hell and back that cost $78k

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

That WOULD be interesting... too bad solid axles are super complicated and it could never happen ;)

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That WOULD be interesting... too bad solid axles are super complicated and it could never happen ;)
Yeah an axle mounting kit is pretty easy take a look at jeep long arm swap kits. Just basic bolt on setups. The hard part is the fact that ford doesnt offer a solid front axle in anything of appropriate size and ratings. So they would have to have one built for them for in small quantity(not smart fiscally) or use someone elses like jeeps units(not bloody likely). You also need wheel sensors and big(to match current specs) brakes. So if they made a kit, dana would likely sell an axle all setup for modern use for maybe $7000 then add in suspension(high end like fox etc), steering, and traction devices and you are looking at maybe $12000 plus profit margin maybe $15-16000 installed. All on your $45-55000 new bronco. To sell what 200 a year?

This is an aftermarket and custom shop only pipe dream.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

interesting....

notice the lights, only the top half is on?

the lower control arms are very horizontal, which bodes well for down travel as compared to most stock IFS.

It does appear to be a bit lacking in ground clearance as compared to a JLU Sport however.
That could either be the DRL setup, or the lowbeams as has been mentioned previously.

Any thoughts if the doors have window frames? The rear door has an elevated triangle, which I assume is part of the door, and probably the window does not roll down further than that (due to wheelwell interference).

And then on the front, the window looks several inches forward of the actual door opening. Hard to tell if the doors have frames or not around the windows.

2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door Windows.png
Earlier spy shots pointed at frameless. I don't see anything here that disputes that.

Look at it this way. In 2005 Ford re-designed the Mustang and everyone could instantly tell what the car was when it came out. The more I see this new (4) door Bronco, the more my initial impression is blah. Maybe this long 24 year wait is finally getting to me, idk. But damn they really could've done better.

Honestly, I feel like the '04 Concept (even with some of it's inward slanting lines) screamed Bronco more than this new one. And yes, I would've bought this concept in a heartbeat! Sorry, just my opinion.

Concept 04.jpg
I've always loved that '04 concept, and still think it looks great today/16 years later.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah an axle mounting kit is pretty easy take a look at jeep long arm swap kits. Just basic bolt on setups. The hard part is the fact that ford doesnt offer a solid front axle in anything of appropriate size and ratings. So they would have to have one built for them for in small quantity(not smart fiscally) or use someone elses like jeeps units(not bloody likely). You also need wheel sensors and big(to match current specs) brakes. So if they made a kit, dana would likely sell an axle all setup for modern use for maybe $7000 then add in suspension(high end like fox etc), steering, and traction devices and you are looking at maybe $12000 plus profit margin maybe $15-16000 installed. All on your $45-55000 new bronco. To sell what 200 a year?

This is an aftermarket and custom shop only pipe dream.
Ford’s got some smart people on this project.... even with the leaked pictures they’ve got a ton of stuff they’re hiding. Just realize that this vehicle has received more attention, funding, and prioritization than quite possibly any Ford vehicle up to this point. Bronco is quite possibly the most important vehicle in Ford’s lineup, just like how the Wrangler is arguably FCA’s. Ford is looking to not just compete with but absolutely eviscerate Jeep. That scene in Ford vs Ferrari when Ford tells Shelby to go to war? That scene could easily apply to Bronco.

I’ll just leave this here.

Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo A2BC210D-AFD2-43BB-ABD4-08C2DC154819

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford’s got some smart people on this project.... even with the leaked pictures they’ve got a ton of stuff they’re hiding. Just realize that this vehicle has received more attention, funding, and prioritization than quite possibly any Ford vehicle up to this point. Bronco is quite possibly the most important vehicle in Ford’s lineup, just like how the Wrangler is arguably FCA’s. Ford is looking to not just compete with but absolutely eviscerate Jeep. That scene in Ford vs Ferrari when Ford tells Shelby to go to war? That scene could easily apply to Bronco.

I’ll just leave this here.

Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo A2BC210D-AFD2-43BB-ABD4-08C2DC154819
Guns. It’s confirmed Bronco is getting guns. And rear wheel steer.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Put a white top on it, and it won’t look like a Jeep.

I am convinced this is going to be ok, and the styling cues to the EB are there. The four door is an aberration sure, because of the extra doors. (So was the Wrangler Unlimited when it came out.)

This will be good - we’ll see soon. Need some real specs though.
Sponsored