First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
this is actually not true. Ford makes the troller. Same width, same class, SFA. passenger side drop....hmmmmmmmm..........................if nothing else, a troller suspension should be a fairly easy swap aftermarket.
Yep forgot about that "fact" lol. My bad everyone. I totally forgot about the troller. I suppose I put it out of my mind given the likelyhood I will never get to drive one. Self defense mechanism. Well then if they got an axle that meets all the modern requirements then it shouldnt cost all that much more maybe like a $5000 option after they make money on it. I have always been into modifying old vehicles and the idea that even if I end up with an ifs one that 15 years from now I can hit the junkyard up and find a whole front end to put under it once its time to get wild with the rebuild.

Thanks for the correction.
Sponsored

4X4 Lady

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4x4 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford’s got some smart people on this project.... even with the leaked pictures they’ve got a ton of stuff they’re hiding. Just realize that this vehicle has received more attention, funding, and prioritization than quite possibly any Ford vehicle up to this point. Bronco is quite possibly the most important vehicle in Ford’s lineup, just like how the Wrangler is arguably FCA’s. Ford is looking to not just compete with but absolutely eviscerate Jeep. That scene in Ford vs Ferrari when Ford tells Shelby to go to war? That scene could easily apply to Bronco.

I’ll just leave this here.

A2BC210D-AFD2-43BB-ABD4-08C2DC154819.jpeg
Where do I get one of these? The ultimate UAV!

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look at it this way. In 2005 Ford re-designed the Mustang and everyone could instantly tell what the car was when it came out. The more I see this new (4) door Bronco, the more my initial impression is blah. Maybe this long 24 year wait is finally getting to me, idk. But damn they really could've done better.

Honestly, I feel like the '04 Concept (even with some of it's inward slanting lines) screamed Bronco more than this new one. And yes, I would've bought this concept in a heartbeat! Sorry, just my opinion.

Concept 04.jpg
I'm sure if ford had made a 4 door mustang back then, people would still have the same opinions you have about the 4 door bronco. It's already been stated they had to make it available in 4 door to be able to be competitive with Jeep, if you like the 2 door, and not the 4 door, it's pretty simple.... buy the 2 door. Also, (in my opinion) that concept was hideous.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Also, (in my opinion) that concept was hideous.
Oh man I'm so happy I'm not the only one who has always thought that thing was fugly. It looks like a bad movie prop, or a fan render.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh man I'm so happy I'm not the only one who has always thought that thing was fugly. It looks like a bad movie prop, or a fan render.
It’s a product of its time and I appreciate it for that. Honestly every product Ford made during that time frame was trash so imo the Bronco concept doesn’t even look that bad vs the mustangs of the era for example.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sure if ford had made a 4 door mustang back then, people would still have the same opinions you have about the 4 door bronco. It's already been stated they had to make it available in 4 door to be able to be competitive with Jeep, if you like the 2 door, and not the 4 door, it's pretty simple.... buy the 2 door. Also, (in my opinion) that concept was hideous.
You guys are missing the point. The added 2 doors has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I bet even a 4 door mustang back in '05 would've still looked like a mustang, but with 4 doors. My point was simple, this new Bronco doesn't scream Bronco. Big whoop, they raised the fenders, well I guess that means it's a Bronco now. Other then that, what screams Bronco to you? Big flares? No. Swing Gate? No. Round wheel wells? No. Removable top? Sure, somewhat.

Everyone can have their opinions, mine just happens to be that Ford is missing the mark on this. Unless the non-camo versions tell me otherwise, it's feeling similar to Chevy bringing back the Blazer... or Ford re-badging a Flex and calling it a Bronco with a few tweaks. I say, they could've done better!! and man, to have had a tailgate would've been one thing to really scream Bronco to me. Just saying.

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You guys are missing the point. The added 2 doors has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I bet even a 4 door mustang back in '05 would've still looked like a mustang, but with 4 doors. My point was simple, this new Bronco doesn't scream Bronco. Big whoop, they raised the fenders, well I guess that means it's a Bronco now. Other then that, what screams Bronco to you? Big flares? No. Swing Gate? No. Round wheel wells? No. Removable top? Sure, somewhat.

Everyone can have their opinions, mine just happens to be that Ford is missing the mark on this. Unless the non-camo versions tell me otherwise, it's feeling similar to Chevy bringing back the Blazer... or Ford re-badging a Flex and calling it a Bronco with a few tweaks. I say, they could've done better!! and man, to have had a tailgate would've been one thing to really scream Bronco to me. Just saying.
1st off, this is nothing at all like GM bringing back the 'blazer'

2nd, yes everyone is entitled to their opinions. And my opinion is that everyone that keeps saying this bronco looks like a 'lifted flex' has never seen a flex. It looks nothing like a flex (or any of the other box-shaped vehicles it gets compared to)

But you're right, that is your opinion and you're entitled to have it

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe, just maybe, they aren't trying to make an exact reproduction of the original Bronco.

It says Bronco on it. It's a Ford. It's a Ford Bronco. Sheesh.

PNWB2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe, just maybe, they aren't trying to make an exact reproduction of the original Bronco.

I agree. There are so may things that affect design of new vehicles, crash ratings and safety features being priority. That's why we see higher belt lines on so many vehicles now because (I think) it's part of improving side crash safety. They're always hunting for that 5 star rating. The pictures we've seen have been unflattering, but just wait until the official brochure pictures are out. I'm sure it'll change a lot of minds. I believe this will be an excellent evolution of the Bronco line.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like your thinking, let me get a Ford Emblem, a Bronco Emblem, I'll go put them on an old Festiva and we can call that a Bronco as well. Seems to fit the above criteria.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like your thinking, let me get a Ford Emblem, a Bronco Emblem, I'll go put them on an old Festiva and we can call that a Bronco as well. Seems to fit the above criteria.
1st gen Bronco attributes:

1. Square, upright body: Check

2. Removable roof: Check

3 Flat grille with round headlights: Check

4 Square doors: Check

5. Flat, upright windshield: Check

6. Manual and automatic transmission: Check

7. High ground clearance: Check

8. 4WD transfer case: Check

9. Good approach and departure angles: Check

10. Spare tire mounted on the rear: Check

I’m sure I can list 10 more things but that’s the gist. The 2 crappy pictures we’ve seen are not that interesting due to the color choices and trim levels. When we see the actual Bronco reveal I’m sure that will change.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1st gen Bronco attributes:

1. Square, upright body: Check

2. Removable roof: Check

3 Flat grille with round headlights: Check

4 Square doors: Check

5. Flat, upright windshield: Check

6. Manual and automatic transmission: Check

7. High ground clearance: Check

8. 4WD transfer case: Check

9. Good approach and departure angles: Check

10. Spare tire mounted on the rear: Check

I’m sure I can list 10 more things but that’s the gist. The 2 crappy pictures we’ve seen are not that interesting due to the color choices and trim levels. When we see the actual Bronco reveal I’m sure that will change.
I know you guys don't like it when someone has a different opinion than your's, but fuck it, I'm old and don't really care if people like my opinion or not.. but you also just hit every check on an Original Jeep. Yet these (2) pictures look quite different than each other. And the latest versions of these vehicles... well a Jeep looks like a Jeep... SO FAR the new Bronco looks like a squared off SUV. But whatever.

Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo OldJee
Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo OldBronco

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I used to have a festiva. That car was awesome. I always wanted to take one, lift it and put big ATV tires on it. I guess I can now include putting a bronco badge on it as part of my dream, thanks for the idea!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know you guys don't like it when someone has a different opinion than your's, but fuck it, I'm old and don't really care if people like my opinion or not.. but you also just hit every check on an Original Jeep. Yet these (2) pictures look quite different than each other. And the latest versions of these vehicles... well a Jeep looks like a Jeep... SO FAR the new Bronco looks like a squared off SUV. But whatever.

Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo OldBronco
The Bronco and the Jeep were more similar during similar time frames.
Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo DA9832D9-0F39-4893-A769-40F60D2CED95
Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo 3476FAC8-CEAC-4AA9-8208-6447D4F53489

Even just comparing these two you can definitely see where the Bronco diverges. The line running down the body, present on both Broncos not on Jeep. The hood lines on both sides, and how the hood is completely square vs the Jeep that starts to narrow towards the front. Bronco has bigger windows and is longer. How the grill is surrounded by the body, etc. is the new bronco as direct of an homage as the Wrangler is to it’s predecessors? Definitely not. But neither is the 2015+ Mustang, and it’s the first mustang in a LONG time that truly captured that 1st gen spirit.

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I used to have a festiva. That car was awesome. I always wanted to take one, lift it and put big ATV tires on it. I guess I can now include putting a bronco badge on it as part of my dream, thanks for the idea!
I’ve changed my mind, I’ll put a Bronco Sport badge on it. It wouldn’t be worthy of a Bronco badge.
Sponsored