First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The wranglers(every cj guy will tell ya they arent real jeeps) havent had a tailgate since 97. So they must not be jeeps. Right? Nothing on the JK JL screams jeep to me, sure they have removable doors and tops, but they dont have flat metal fenders with small plastic flares(atleast on the front). Yeah it has a solid axle up front but it doesnt SCREAM jeep like leaf springs do, Also why do all models come with floor coverings, its just tragic. And whats with not having a fiberglass body available from the aftermarket. These new things just cant be called jeeps, Its like taking the door off a Fiat 500 and calling it a JEEP. They really missed the point on this one. ? ????

Sorry
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I like your thinking, let me get a Ford Emblem, a Bronco Emblem, I'll go put them on an old Festiva and we can call that a Bronco as well. Seems to fit the above criteria.
Yes, that is 100% equivalent, let's do that. Since they're not using the original dies to stamp the body panels, let's rebadge a Ford Festiva.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The front suspension of the Bronco is still one of the things we barely know anything about when we know a decent amount about the rest.

If it was just a Ranger front end doesn’t seem like something that would need to be kept all that secret now would it?
Or talked about because it’s nothing special...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know you guys don't like it when someone has a different opinion than your's, but fuck it, I'm old and don't really care if people like my opinion or not.. but you also just hit every check on an Original Jeep. Yet these (2) pictures look quite different than each other. And the latest versions of these vehicles... well a Jeep looks like a Jeep... SO FAR the new Bronco looks like a squared off SUV. But whatever.

OldJeep.jpg
OldBronco.jpg
So to me, the new Bronco spy pics look a lot more like your bottom pic than the top pic.

And a current JL looks a lot more like the top pic. (If anything the JK and JL doors are more Bronco since they dropped the higher rocker of the TJ.)

The difference is in the front fenders and grills, and it is very obvious.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeeps haven't used a tailgate since 86.

The wranglers(every cj guy will tell ya they arent real jeeps) havent had a tailgate since 97. So they must not be jeeps. Right? Nothing on the JK JL screams jeep to me, sure they have removable doors and tops, but they dont have flat metal fenders with small plastic flares(atleast on the front). Yeah it has a solid axle up front but it doesnt SCREAM jeep like leaf springs do, Also why do all models come with floor coverings, its just tragic. And whats with not having a fiberglass body available from the aftermarket. These new things just cant be called jeeps, Its like taking the door off a Fiat 500 and calling it a JEEP. They really missed the point on this one. ? ????

Sorry

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The fact of the automotive market is vehicles evolve, of course the 2021 Bronco will not be identical to the 1966 Bronco, but will it have numerous cues to its heritage.

Of course none of us mere mortals have seen the new Bronco in it's entirety so you can either wait for the reveal or just buy a Jeep, it NEVER changes, it's been the same since 1940... (/S)
ys-Overland-CJ-2A-and-2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-4.jpg

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The fact of the automotive market is vehicles evolve, of course the 2021 Bronco will not be identical to the 1966 Bronco, but will it have numerous cues to its heritage.

Of course none of us mere mortals have seen the new Bronco in it's entirety so you can either wait for the reveal or just buy a Jeep, it NEVER changes, it's been the same since 1940... (/S)
Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo ys-Overland-CJ-2A-and-2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-4
Why did you post a picture of two Bronco Sports?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or talked about because it’s nothing special...
The rear end is remarkably well engineered and has some nice features according to someone I am good friends with who runs a custom Jeep shop.

The idea that they’d put all that work into the rear end and not the front just doesn’t make sense as much as some of the negative Nancy’s on here want to say it does.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rear end is remarkably well engineered and has some nice features according to someone I am good friends with who runs a custom Jeep shop.

The idea that they’d put all that work into the rear end and not the front just doesn’t make sense as much as some of the negative Nancy’s on here want to say it does.
and chrispy keeps on saying that it's the best thing since sliced bread, and to just hold on to our pitchforks.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
and chrispy keeps on saying that it's the best thing since sliced bread, and to just hold on to our pitchforks.
I mean even without leaks etc the idea that Ford would just ignore the front suspension doesn’t make any sense. Like literally none. Why go through 5 years of work, hundreds of millions of dollars, etc and then just slap on the IFS from a Ranger. It just logically makes zero sense.

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with you but the lower arms look like the same length, sure an inch or so might be hard to eyeball but other than being cast they appear to be the same and every staged pic of it doesn’t show a lot of flex from the front.
Ford seems to be moving away from leaf springs all together (US Market) for the rear only the Super duty and Raptor will keep them till their redesign.
I’m not a negative Nancy just devils advocate.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you but the lower arms look like the same length, sure an inch or so might be hard to eyeball but other than being cast they appear to be the same and every staged pic of it doesn’t show a lot of flex from the front.
Ford seems to be moving away from leaf springs all together (US Market) for the rear only the Super duty and Raptor will keep them till their redesign.
I’m not a negative Nancy just devils advocate.
everyone is moving away from leafs, for good reason. for lots of good reason. the only reason to keep leaf springs is price.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

everyone is moving away from leafs, for good reason. for lots of good reason. the only reason to keep leaf springs is price.
Exactly, so is the rear suspension radically different or inline with market changes?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly, so is the rear suspension radically different or inline with market changes?
that I am not sure.

so far, I have not seen anything impressive with front or rear. but we have not really seen this thing being pushed, or in a whole lot of detail. I have some complaints with the layout of the rear, but that was on a base model, so maybe it has better angles/lengths on higher trims? And I understand that, unfortunately, Ford had to design this thing with Karens in mind as the typical drivers.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean even without leaks etc the idea that Ford would just ignore the front suspension doesn’t make any sense. Like literally none. Why go through 5 years of work, hundreds of millions of dollars, etc and then just slap on the IFS from a Ranger. It just logically makes zero sense.
Well platform sharing is a great cost savings strategy and also considering the number of people on this forum that want a “better driving” alternative to the Wrangler not a better performing alternative
Sponsored