redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh certainly, she ruins all sorts of good shit.

She is the reason we have TPMS sensors in our tires and push buttons to parallel park. :LOL:

I said a while back we will just pull the Bronco to a large rock garden, push a button and not do anything. Next thing you know you are through the rock garden without having to look away from your cell phone.

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...Well then if they got an axle that meets all the modern requirements then it shouldnt cost all that much more maybe like a $5000 option after they make money on it....
I believe you forgot to take out the money saved by not installing the IFS. If it was offered, I suspect the difference in cost would be a lot lower

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe you forgot to take out the money saved by not installing the IFS. If it was offered, I suspect the difference in cost would be a lot lower
Yeah but taking the time to engineer the suspension and install it and the fact that it would surely be a all high end stuff, long arms, fancy shocks, etc. Especially if it was assembled at a different facility. Then they gotta make a profit.

That and they know the hardcore offroaders that want it will pay it since they will drop a bunch of money on aftermarket stuff anyway.

I guess you gotta pay to play.... in the rocks:)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah but taking the time to engineer the suspension and install it and the fact that it would surely be a all high end stuff, long arms, fancy shocks, etc. Especially if it was assembled at a different facility. Then they gotta make a profit.

That and they know the hardcore offroaders that want it will pay it since they will drop a bunch of money on aftermarket stuff anyway.

I guess you gotta pay to play.... in the rocks:)
No need to engineer ……….. if you already make a set up ? . …….. It would be enough for most to start with and upgrade on the own as they can afford.

a hint would be it's made south of the US

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah they can use the axle from the troller, but the suspension would be something redesigned special for the bronco since its such a big deal. Not saying it couldnt happen, but they dont do anything anybody wants anymore for cheap.

Jasef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Any thoughts if the doors have window frames? The rear door has an elevated triangle, which I assume is part of the door, and probably the window does not roll down further than that (due to wheelwell interference).

And then on the front, the window looks several inches forward of the actual door opening. Hard to tell if the doors have frames or not around the windows.

2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door Windows.png
...or maybe that plastic triangle covers a window cutout so it can roll all the way down?

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

In case it's helpful, here's some closeups of the triangle in the rear windows.

Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo 2021_4_Door_Bronco_Less_004

Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo 2021_4_Door_Bronco_Less_007

Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo 2021_Bronco_4_Door_Less_008

Ford Bronco Spied: 2021 Bronco 4-Door Shows Off Its Roofline As It Drops Heavy Camo 2021_Bronco_4_Door_Less_009

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the triangle serves to hide a small piece of glass when the window is rolled to its lowest position. I bet the glass pivots just a bit as it's rolled down because a straight roll would interfere with the wheel well. Just a guess.

@indio22, the windows roll into the b-pillar seam, but keep in mind the b-pillar/glass is not flush with the edge of the roofline and beltline. Makes those frameless doors appear thick and gives more of a tube door look when the top is off and windows rolled down.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the triangle serves to hide a small piece of glass when the window is rolled to its lowest position. I bet the glass pivots just a bit as it's rolled down because a straight roll would interfere with the wheel well. Just a guess.
OR MAYBE (most likely) - there is no glass behind that triangle so that the window can roll down all the way without interfering with the wheel well.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OR MAYBE (most likely) - there is no glass behind that triangle so that the window can roll down all the way without interfering with the wheel well.
I concur

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts as well, which is not good news for being able to cut fenders.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wudnt u have to cut the door as well?
thats the problem! but even cutting the door can be worked with. but not having to cut glass because then the window would have a missing chunk when rolled up. only really possible on a true trail rig, with all glass removed I guess.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have to stretch the wheelbase and cut towards the rear. The links suspension makes it alot harder than just a custom leaf or offset perch but Im sure it can be done with some long bars and flipping brackets around.

Also doesnt look like a problem on the 2 door.
Sponsored