Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even a 116 wheelbase Bronco will be **** at high speed off road. They lengthen the wheelbases of full size pickups to make them stable for race rigs ...
Yes I know, but I believe this is what ford is marketing it as. Like a miniature Raptor with removable doors and roof. So I wouldn't be surprised, if this is the intended image, for it to be four door only.
Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just dont understand why anybody would buy this if it didnt have a V8 or a large v6 (3.5+)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Pretty sure those orange "wires" are actually hoses.
Incorrect. You can see a metal terminal style connection in a picture and orange is industry standard for high voltage. Check out any hybrid.
Admittedly I'm on my phone and my vision is iffy. However I swear I saw a barbed fitting.
Hybrid was my first thought though.
What I see in the photos are industry standard barbed brass hose fittings and stainless steel hose clamps.
Ford Bronco Spied: 2023 Warthog Bronco Riding on Raptor-Spec Fox Shocks and 35" Sasquatch Tires Warthog-Bronco-Tires-Shocks-Revealed-6 - Copy

Ford Bronco Spied: 2023 Warthog Bronco Riding on Raptor-Spec Fox Shocks and 35" Sasquatch Tires Warthog-Bronco-Tires-Shocks-Revealed-9 - Copy

nfoxtrot

Outer Banks
First Name
NICHOLAS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD RX7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cool pics! What do we think the orange (shining under the rear driver's side door) is for? Large orange cables are typically associated with electrification. Could it be??
At least in Aviation orange is indicative of Test equipment like input and output data logging

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If this is available in a 2-door I might have to wait for it. I hope we get confirmation of that before ordering starts...

Sponsored

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We caught another prototype for the Bronco Warthog (Raptor), revealing new details, including the tire size and what appears to be Raptor-spec Fox Live-Valve Internal Bypass shocks.

Sasquatch-Spec 35” Tires Confirmed
The initial spy shots of the Bronco Warthog (Raptor) weren’t able to confirm the prototype’s exact wheel-and-tire size. These new shots—caught in bright sunlight and sharp focus—can now confirm that the Bronco Warthog is running on the same size set-up found on the Sasquatch-packaged Broncos. The LT315/70R17 tire size is clearly visible on the Bronco Warthog’s BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires.

Raptor-Spec Fox Live-Valve Shocks Visible In Latest Shots
The 2019 F-150 Raptors saw an upgrade to Fox 3.0 Internal Bypass shocks with Live Valve technology—cuttting-edge units that are identifiable by their bright, metallic orange finish. Our latest front-on spy shots clearly show what appears to be the orange Fox Live Valve shocks peeking out from its black outer sleeve. The high-speed, Raptor-style intent of the new Bronco Warthog was made clear in Ford’s teaser shots of an airborne prototype, and the Raptor-influenced suspension spotted on this prototype further nails down its mechanical makeup.

The rear suspension shows signs of camouflage inside the wheel well, but one of our shots shows another bright, metallic orange-colored component peeking through. It’s impossible to see the exact suspension configuration, but it certainly suggests that the Fox Live Valve technology is in use, front and rear.

Ford Bronco Spied: 2023 Warthog Bronco Riding on Raptor-Spec Fox Shocks and 35" Sasquatch Tires Warthog-Bronco-Tires-Shocks-Revealed-9 - Copy

What front Grill is that? Looks good.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m assuming the big grey box on the dash next to the big red button is a data logger. Maybe connected to the orange cables?

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“The Aviator's 3.0-liter twin-turbo V-6, combined with the hybrid system's 13.6-kWh battery and 75-kW motor, delivers 494 hp and 630 lb-ft of torque. As such, power delivery is strong and sure. This 5,700-pound beast delivers an estimated 0-60 time in the 5.5-second range.”

:sneaky:

blueovalforum members hinting strongly at this without literally saying it

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much would it cost to install similar suspension and shocks to a regular Bronco?

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thoughts are 3.0TT
Does anyone know the size of the batteries in the Aviator? Will they fit in the Bronco? I’m sure I’m not thinking about something right here?

Last edited:

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much would it cost to install similar suspension and shocks to a regular Bronco?
My guess 12-15,000 for the shocks, longer beefier high angle cv axels, long travel suspension all the way around, beefier rear axel, and beefier drive shafts.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's like saying a F-150 Raptor obliterates an F-150 Platinum. Maybe off-road, maybe 0-60 or 1/4 mile, but not in efficiency, comfort, capability as a truck (Towing, payload, etc.) The Platinum wins there. They have their different purposes, they are different tools that have their purpose built capabilities, but you can get either for $60k.
Except the Bronco is not an F150. The payload/towing on the Bronco likely won't be affected since it's already so low and the Fox Shocks will almost certainly be more comfortable and capable in all situations. For them to be about the same price, the Warthog/Raptor with have to be an upfitted Base model, which I think we can safely assume is highly unlikely.
Sponsored