JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Except the Bronco is not an F150. The payload/towing on the Bronco likely won't be affected since it's already so low and the Fox Shocks will almost certainly be more comfortable and capable in all situations. For them to be about the same price, the Warthog/Raptor with have to be an upfitted Base model, which I think we can safely assume is highly unlikely.
I am not following what you are saying. Why would the bronco have to be an upfitted base to be the same price as an f150 raptor?
Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not following what you are saying. Why would the bronco have to be an upfitted base to be the same price as an f150 raptor?
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. By "them" I meant Wildtrak and Bronco Warthog/Raptor. I was not comparing a potential Bronco Warthog price to F150 Raptor price.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shame they're sticking with the cheesy plastic fender flares and not doing wide Raptor style metal fenders..
I pointed this out in previous threads about the Warthog - because of the interaction with the rear door on 4 door models, doing it Raptor-style isn't feasible because you'd have to design a new door/door skin for it, and they're not going to go through that expense for a single model.

The front fenders wouldn't be a problem to do in that manner (same way Raptor is), but the rear is the problem. F-150 doesn't have to deal with that because the back fender is on the bed.

The only way they'd be able to do something similar looks-wise would be adhering some plastic flare to the door and fenders, and I don't think that'd look good.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you think it looks wider than the regular Sasquatch package? To me it does, but that could just be the camo playing tricks on my eyes.
It's definitely wider - you can see it in the track/distance between the wheels from head on photos.

So, while those orange cables may not have been hybrid indicators, it does have flaps in the camo on BOTH sides of the vehicle - one for gas on the drivers' side, one for a plug on the passenger side?

Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. By "them" I meant Wildtrak and Bronco Warthog/Raptor. I was not comparing a potential Bronco Warthog price to F150 Raptor price.
Got it. Makes sense. I would definitely expect it to be more than a wildtrak.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, those zoomed in tire size pics totally deserve the "Enhance" meme!!

I'm more intrigued by the body camo, really.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I pointed this out in previous threads about the Warthog - because of the interaction with the rear door on 4 door models, doing it Raptor-style isn't feasible because you'd have to design a new door/door skin for it, and they're not going to go through that expense for a single model.

The front fenders wouldn't be a problem to do in that manner (same way Raptor is), but the rear is the problem. F-150 doesn't have to deal with that because the back fender is on the bed.

The only way they'd be able to do something similar looks-wise would be adhering some plastic flare to the door and fenders, and I don't think that'd look good.
the 4runner’s rear flare goes over the rear door. It isn’t noticeable. I think it is possible. I do agree a raptor bronco should have the fenders flared out. It just seems like that’s a raptor signature look.

In any case, I’m guessing this will be one sick SUV. Look forward to seeing.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the 4runner’s rear flare goes over the rear door. It isn’t noticeable. I think it is possible. I do agree a raptor bronco should have the fenders flared out. It just seems like that’s a raptor signature look.

In any case, I’m guessing this will be one sick SUV. Look forward to seeing.
You're missing the point. Ford has already designed a set of doors for the Bronco - the ones we see on the 2 and 4 door models. The 4 door is what we're talking about here - They're mostly flat, with a slight continuation of the fender flare on the bottom corner.

Ford is not going to spend the money to design a new door for one trim.

It's not that it couldn't be done, it's what's feasible/cost efficient.

And this isn't a Raptor, so it doesn't necessarily have to follow Raptor styling cues.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully we get a full reveal before December. Looks fantastic so far

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're missing the point. Ford has already designed a set of doors for the Bronco - the ones we see on the 2 and 4 door models. The 4 door is what we're talking about here - They're mostly flat, with a slight continuation of the fender flare on the bottom corner.

Ford is not going to spend the money to design a new door for one trim.

It's not that it couldn't be done, it's what's feasible/cost efficient.

And this isn't a Raptor, so it doesn't necessarily have to follow Raptor styling cues.
I was saying they could add a flare over the existing door. Not change it. But your right, it doesn’t have to follow the raptor styling. Would be cool if they did though.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was saying they could add a flare over the existing door. Not change it. But your right, it doesn’t have to follow the raptor styling. Would be cool if they did though.
Ah, yeah, I mentioned that in my original post about it - that they could just tack something on over the door, but I don't think that'd look as good.

Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see!

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Needs 37’s desperately ?
Did that to my Raptor... it's soooooooo expensive... And so hard to keep them balanced.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I know, but I believe this is what ford is marketing it as. Like a miniature Raptor with removable doors and roof. So I wouldn't be surprised, if this is the intended image, for it to be four door only.
I always wanted a street legal RZR :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Desert Bronco with the top off? I'm in, good sir.
Sponsored