BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Was about to send an email to my dealer to go for the soft top and prep kit, but something like this may be worth the wait.
Don't do that yet! Free prep kit starts with September builds, and August isn't even close to being filled yet.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I was under the impression it's just the modular bumper with the same winch mount bolted to the recovery points. (Same one that's on the Overland concept for instance.)
Possible. Definitely very similar.
It looked to me like there was more space beneath the winch to not block the ACC, but hard to tell for sure with these angles.

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Possible. Definitely very similar.
It looked to me like there was more space beneath the winch to not block the ACC, but hard to tell for sure with these angles.
You can see on the original, the flat base frame looks to be three pieces welded together, with a decorative forward offset, the sides standing out from the front cross member, the new one is missing that. This just looks like value engineering, simplify the design to lower manufacturing cost or those could just be decorative plastic end caps that are missing on the overlander.

Now, look at the flat winch cross member and note it seems to be about the same 1 inch offset below the bumper top. The intercooler opening seems unchanged so with these two points it does not appear that the ACC radar beam has any additional clearance. It still seems the need to redesign the radar sensor for a narrower profile.

1625056145193.png

Winch Bumper original.png
Winch Bumper overland.png

Advertisement

fifteen52
Advertisement