Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

We got some close-up, detailed shots of the Bronco Warthog’s Raptor-esque Live-Valve shocks, removing any doubt of the über-Bronco’s suspension makeup. We also got our first chance to photograph a Warthog wearing the 37-inch tires, to provide tire specs lifted directly from a prototype.

Live-Valve Shocks Caught Close-Up and Uncovered
All prior Bronco Warthog prototypes have had a piece of plastic or rubber screwed to the inside of the rear wheel well, effectively hiding the shock absorber design being applied to the future range-topping Bronco variant. We even previously posted a prototype that had “Warthog Shock Cover” scrawled on the camouflage panel, to remove any doubt of the function of the temporary trim piece. With the latest Bronco Warthog prototype running with the rear shocks exposed, we can now fully put to rest any doubts that the outrageous model will be a Raptor in spirit (and key suspension mechanicals), if not in name.

Those 37s
The 37-inch tires were alluded to in an official post from Ford PR, but now we can report on exactly what the specs of the epic rubber. We managed to zoom in enough on a Warthog’s rear tire, revealing the following specs: 37x12.50R17LT 124R. Not every Warthog prototype has been fitted with the 37-inch tires, it’s, in fact, a rare sighting. Nearly every Bronco Warthog test vehicle we’ve seen has been wearing the Sasquatch-spec 35-inch tires, albeit in the usual BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 found on the F-150 Raptor. The 37-inch tires are also the BFG KO2s.

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog37s.g01.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog37s.g02.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog37s.g03.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.shock01c.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.shock01.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthogLiveValve.g03.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthogLiveValve.g02.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.shock08.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.shock02.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.shock03.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthogLiveValve.g01.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.m01.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.m02.Bronco6G

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.m03.Bronco6G
Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.m05.Bronco6G
Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.m06.Bronco6G
Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.m07.Bronco6G
Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires BroncoWarthog.shock07.Bronco6G
Sponsored

Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lovely

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
happy happy joy joy!!
Now the real question... as a late reservation holder, already staring down the barrel of MY22 delivery, should I just hold out for the Warthog?!? ??‍♂

Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am no expert, but there looks to be a ton of room in the wheel well to be running 37s. Does this mean anything significant to anyone more educated?

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
happy happy joy joy!!
Now the real question... as a late reservation holder, already staring down the barrel of MY22 delivery, should I just hold out for the Warthog?!? ??‍♂
Of course. Unless you are ok with the constant feeling of regret. :)

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks meaty
I love it

Other than a great functional Halo warthog cosplay prop, what is the use case here? Who is the target market?

Is it basically a super capable already-capable badlands?
Its going to have piss poor mpg, literally sound like a hog, and you likely won't use it like you'd use a truck when it comes to hauling things.

For those holding out for the warthog, whats your use case? Genuinely curious!
Can't see anyone car camping with this ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am no expert, but there looks to be a ton of room in the wheel well to be running 37s. Does this mean anything significant to anyone more educated?
It means it's awesome....but also that the 37s have plenty of room to move up and down. That looks to be am incredible truck. I thought they were going to wuss out and put 35s on it, as that's what other prototypes have had. This is a good sign.

eb-nutt

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 f150 fx4, 2 79 broncos, 69 & 75 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everybody geeking over shocks and 37" tires, yet failing to notice the upgraded rear-end underneath...that's definitely not a dana 44 nor the watts link, drop out center section rear-end under the Ranger Raptor

BroncoWarthog.m05.Bronco6G.jpg

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looks meaty
I love it

Guys, other than a great functional Halo warthog cosplay prop, what is the use case here? Who is the target market?

Is it basically a super capable already-capable badlands?
Its going to have piss poor mpg, literally sound like a hog, and you likely won't use it like you'd use a truck when it comes to hauling things.

For those holding out for the warthog, whats your use case? Genuinely curious!
Can't see anyone car camping with this ?
Because he who dies with the most toys wins.
Sponsored