Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I may have missed this but why are the calling it Warthog? .. doesn’t have much to do with a horse. Or Bronco

Because it's just F'ing cool, whether your talking about the animal, the plane, or the vehicle.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Phacochoerus africanis rugged little beast ,i wouldnt want to have to wrassle one!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
BroncoWarthog37s.g01.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog37s.g03.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthogLiveValve.g01.Bronco6G.jpg

I'm not understanding something here. The first 3 pictures on your post are up close of supposedly Warthog rims w/37" tires. Those rims and tires are different than the rest of the pics you posted of the Warthog that is clearing wearing 35s. See last pic above of the 315/70R17's the Warthog is wearing.

Do you have any pics of a Warthog actually wearing the 37s in the close up photos? Those pics of 37s are completely different rims and tires could be from anywhere. I'm not trying to be a pain, but this seems to undermine the whole point of your thread. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks meaty
I love it

Other than a great functional Halo warthog cosplay prop, what is the use case here? Who is the target market?

Is it basically a super capable already-capable badlands?
Its going to have piss poor mpg, literally sound like a hog, and you likely won't use it like you'd use a truck when it comes to hauling things.

For those holding out for the warthog, whats your use case? Genuinely curious!
Can't see anyone car camping with this ?
See it attracting the same crowd wanting a Raptor over an F-150. Which includes me ?

Sponsored

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It means it's awesome....but also that the 37s have plenty of room to move up and down. That looks to be am incredible truck. I thought they were going to wuss out and put 35s on it, as that's what other prototypes have had. This is a good sign.
Current Bronco shown with 37s so not sure this tells us anything unless that rear pumpkin is a Dana 60 as being assumed. Don’t need that for less than 37s.

Gbcokc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A serious question here. Does the warthog have a physically larger body or is it simply the same bronco we are seeing come off the assembly line with 37” tires and a different suspension?Maybe just some wider fenders that are removable? The Ford Raptor has a different body or at least body moldings than the f-150 that gives it a larger, wider look. Will the warthog be the same or do we know this yet?

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A serious question here. Does the warthog have a physically larger body or is it simply the same bronco we are seeing come off the assembly line with 37” tires and a different suspension?Maybe just some wider fenders that are removable? The Ford Raptor has a different body or at least body moldings than the f-150 that gives it a larger, wider look. Will the warthog be the same or do we know this yet?
I don’t know the answer, but after seeing how easily the body panels are to remove I am hoping for a wider body instead of simply wider fenders. There is a video somewhere on here showing the ease of removal.

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
happy happy joy joy!!
Now the real question... as a late reservation holder, already staring down the barrel of MY22 delivery, should I just hold out for the Warthog?!? ??‍♂
Sounds like the Osborne effect.

The Osborne effect is a social phenomenon of customers canceling or deferring orders for the current soon-to-be-obsolete product as an unexpected drawback of a company's announcing a future product prematurely. - Wikipedia

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve heard the warthog will be $60kish starting... either way still a lot. But with the 392 it’s basically just a standard rubicon other than the engine. If it came with Dana 60’s and 37’s for $70k? Absolute steal. But with the stock drivetrain for the most part... it’s dubious at best. Hell from what we’ve seen Ford is beefing up the warthog rear axle pretty substantially and that’s for 100 less horsepower than the 392.
Many on here think that you will need 10-15k worth of suspension and axle upgrades to effectively run 37's. I would like to see the drive line specs on this beast to see what Ford's take on it is. I also would like to see pricing before ordering a BL but I doubt you can climb behind the wheel of this thing for less than $65k.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many on here think that you will need 10-15k worth of suspension and axle upgrades to effectively run 37's. I would like to see the drive line specs on this beast to see what Ford's take on it is. I also would like to see pricing before ordering a BL but I doubt you can climb behind the wheel of this thing for less than $65k.
I think 37’s will be fine on Bronco (non-hog) as long as you’re not being dumb. As I have discussed previously a heavily modified Chevy Colorado won military trials running lockers and 35’s. With the 190 front dif not the 210. With the 210 in the badlands and Sasquatch i’m sure 37’s will work fine as long as you’re not bumping the shit out of it.

Also just a bit interesting. Decided to do a bit of digging in the FJ cruiser forums since that’s the most similar application to the Bronco. People run front lockers and seem pretty successful(FJ cruiser has a 208mm front dif), but one point I saw is pretty interesting. You have to be pretty careful with axle upgrades, because especially in IFS applications the axle shafts are an intentional weak link. (This is true for serious rock crawlers as well, although the driveshafts can also be an “intentional” weak link.) The reason for this is that if you get super bound up SOMETHING has to break. And if it’s not an axle shaft it’s going to be a dif/t-case/worse. Grenading your front diff in your Bronco is going to be not a fun experience, so just being mindful of that with any build would be the best call lol.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am no expert, but there looks to be a ton of room in the wheel well to be running 37s. Does this mean anything significant to anyone more educated?
The Warthog in the pictures is wearing 35s, not 37s. That's why there is room in the wheel wells and for articulation.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It means it's awesome....but also that the 37s have plenty of room to move up and down. That looks to be am incredible truck. I thought they were going to wuss out and put 35s on it, as that's what other prototypes have had. This is a good sign.
The Warthog pictured here is wearing 35s. The first 3 up close 37 "tire shots are from another vehicle (Warthog? who knows?) with different rims. This tells nothing about having enough room for 37s.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Warthog in the pictures is wearing 35s, not 37s. That's why there is room in the wheel wells and for articulation.
Yes. I noticed that this morning. It’s a good detail to point out.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes. I noticed that this morning. It’s a good detail to point out.
It's more than a detail since this whole thread is about the Warthog on 37s. Misleading and most watching the thread think it's true. Fake news.
Sponsored