First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport Race Red FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My money is on the 3.0 EB tuned to 450 HP, 500 lb ft of torque. Then they will option the Baby Godzilla 6.8 500 HP 550lb ft torque in 23 or 24 for the Raptor and Warthog before a refresh and a full electric version. Who knows, but thats my guess. 3.5 is old news now and the DI only poses issues the new model fixes.
I think you nailed it exactly.... that 6.8 liter in this thing would make it a beast! Iā€™m in on ordering the one weā€™re talking about right now!!!!
Sponsored

JLongDCC

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX w/ Coyote 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Two door ā€œWartHogā€..... will there be one?

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately, after further review, the tires are 35" not 37". I am still psyched, but the thought that the tires were 37s had me a bit more impressed.

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two door ā€œWartHogā€..... will there be one?
I am hoping for a long wheel base 2 door version. More stability, room in back for stuff and it would make it easier for Ford to build alongside a 4 door version.

WildStallions

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor, 2017 F150 SCSB, 2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks meaty
I love it

Other than a great functional Halo warthog cosplay prop, what is the use case here? Who is the target market?

Is it basically a super capable already-capable badlands?
Its going to have piss poor mpg, literally sound like a hog, and you likely won't use it like you'd use a truck when it comes to hauling things.

For those holding out for the warthog, whats your use case? Genuinely curious!
Can't see anyone car camping with this ?
I have a gen 1 Raptor with 37x13.5 mud terrains and gets 10 mpg on a good day. It loves to go offroad and fly through the air, particularly at Texas Raptor Run. So will my Warthog when I trade my First Edition in on it.

Sponsored

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a gen 1 Raptor with 37x13.5 mud terrains and gets 10 mpg on a good day. It loves to go offroad and fly through the air, particularly at Texas Raptor Run. So will my Warthog when I trade my First Edition in on it.
may be fine for high speed road racing but it will never be able to negotiate the kind of places i like to go, way to wide and long. I do love the Raptor and would like to see a 2dr Bronco with the same features and more, with smaller narrower tires. 35's would be better.

JLongDCC

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX w/ Coyote 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2 Door SWB Bronco Raptor..... "snow mobile with a heater"... that would be awesome

Ciz_Bronc_23

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is interesting to think, from a business standpoint, what the "fallout" is going to be from the 165,000 (Or so...) reservations booked so far. My gut estimate is at least 50% "fallout," due to: 1. Job 1 now delayed until summer 2021; 2. Top colors delayed, probably summer 2022; 3. Man Trans with Sasquatch, delayed; 4. Warthog coming, probably summer 2022; 5. Dealer mistreatment, including profit gouging, add-ons, etc.
For these exact reasons is why I'll be waiting a couple years no matter what. I'll never buy a first year model because tweaks need to be worked out and theres always some options that are added down the road first year models don't have ( and I'm talking about a next gen model of something). This Bronco is all new so it's great to be here and follow what Ford doing but I'm not about to waste $50K or more now when I can get all the features I wan't (such as manual Sasquatch, maybe in a 2.7L even) and price gouging will be down a bit in 3-4 years. It will be tough to see Bronco's out and about but I would rather drive mine more often then it be in the shop.

Heebi Geebi

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That Warthog sure seems to have a lot of rake.

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is interesting to think, from a business standpoint, what the "fallout" is going to be from the 165,000 (Or so...) reservations booked so far. My gut estimate is at least 50% "fallout," due to: 1. Job 1 now delayed until summer 2021; 2. Top colors delayed, probably summer 2022; 3. Man Trans with Sasquatch, delayed; 4. Warthog coming, probably summer 2022; 5. Dealer mistreatment, including profit gouging, add-ons, etc.

Exactly! Currently leaning towards getting a Defender this year, driving it for two and then passing it to my wife and getting a warthog. I know sheā€™ll appreciate the creature comforts of the landy and itā€™ll keep me (mostly) satisfied in the off-road department until the warthog hits the market

Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly! Currently leaning towards getting a Defender this year, driving it for two and then passing it to my wife and getting a warthog. I know sheā€™ll appreciate the creature comforts of the landy and itā€™ll keep me (mostly) satisfied in the off-road department until the warthog hits the market
I love the Defender. Not sure I would buy one for my wife. Do not want her by the side of the road for an hour waiting for roadside assistance,

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the Defender. Not sure I would buy one for my wife. Do not want her by the side of the road for an hour waiting for roadside assistance,
She can't tell you to get off the couch if she's at the dealership again though can she? ?

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
have you also heard they moved up the timeline? My best guess is ā€˜22 now. A legendary poster here refused to confirm but I got the message ?
The more I ponder it the more I lean into waiting on the Warthog, as a late reservation holder I'm probably not getting my Bronco till '22 anyway... wonder if they'll let me use me spot in line for the 'hog? that would be swell
Sponsored