Sponsored

Spied: Nude "Small Rugged Off Road Utility" aka Bronco Maverick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whomst

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that's the Troller. Look at the cutout on the lower part of the tailgate. looks like a European licence plate will fit that area.
The Troller isn't shaped like that, that has more of a vertically shaped, squared off design.
Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like they went with a traditional liftgate. Makes sense on that vehicle, but I hope it doesn't get duplicated on the BroncoBronco.

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like they went with a traditional liftgate. Makes sense on that vehicle, but I hope it doesn't get duplicated on the BroncoBronco.
I doubt it with the spare tire mounted on the back.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(Almost) any way they do it, the tire has to swing away, no? Could be done with any configuration.
True but it requires much more power to lift the tire upwards than to swing it to the side. I for one would love to have the ability to open it like a standard liftgate but would be surprised if they went that route.

Sponsored

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there is a removable top, I bet it will work similar to the Jeep. Swing gate style door where the tire is mounted, and liftgate glass.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These images were before the design would have been finalized, and could be slightly off scale, but if the rest of the models are proportionate I would expect the Broncos to be too. The 3 and 5 door models do seem to have more differences that an extra pair of doors would account for.

Does this look like the Broncos have protruding fenders and wheels? There seems to be a clear delineation for the hood width.

Are the bodies of the Broncos similar to the Ranger, but the track width comparable to the F150?

Broncos n trucks.png

The windshields are certainly more upright than the pickups, but the curve of the roof on the 3 door suggests they're not flat -- the 5-door model does seem to have a flat windshield though.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to see something soon dangit! I have to apply more duct tape to my truck this weekend. And I'm running out of duct tape, and patience before I have to buy something to get me to/from work.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
True but it requires much more power to lift the tire upwards than to swing it to the side. I for one would love to have the ability to open it like a standard liftgate but would be surprised if they went that route.
There's no reason why it would have to move up with the gate. No matter the gate configuration, swing the tire to the side first. Zero change to the way it was done in the early Broncos.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's no reason why it would have to move up with the gate. No matter the gate configuration, swing the tire to the side first. Zero change to the way it was done in the early Broncos.

Ahh, okay, I misunderstood what you meant. In that case, I'd still prefer it to be able to stick to the gate and swing up. This is just a personal preference as parking on a hill or in tight areas has made it harder to access the back for me in the past.

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These images were before the design would have been finalized, and could be slightly off scale, but if the rest of the models are proportionate I would expect the Broncos to be too. The 3 and 5 door models do seem to have more differences that an extra pair of doors would account for.

Does this look like the Broncos have protruding fenders and wheels? There seems to be a clear delineation for the hood width.

Are the bodies of the Broncos similar to the Ranger, but the track width comparable to the F150?

Broncos n trucks.png

The windshields are certainly more upright than the pickups, but the curve of the roof on the 3 door suggests they're not flat -- the 5-door model does seem to have a flat windshield though.
I think the one on the left is the "baby", and the one on the right is the real bronco. You are right though. It appears to have fender flares, also a detail to the hood.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you are correct. F150 and Ranger behind the 2 broncos on the right. Superduty and Expedition on the left behind the unibody bronco.
Quick side note.... there appears to be four different pick ups. Ranger, F150, super duty, courier...maybe? You can also see the mustang EV. Then in the back appears to be a small transit van with a hat. Maybe autonomous driving vehicle prototype.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the one on the left is the "baby", and the one on the right is the real bronco. You are right though. It appears to have fender flares, also a detail to the hood.
the baby is on the opposite side, left side of the picture, first row. you can make out enough of the grill and lights, and roof rails to line it up with what we've seen of it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.