wvmtneer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150
So you are saying that none of these give you anything, Not even a lil tingle from the last one?

Also from a performance standpoint and definitely a dollar standpoint, Fox body Mustangs are the best you can build, per weight and dollar. Though I like the Capris better myself. Cant deny their buildability.

ford-lift-kit_465bn2-installed.jpg
Yes please.

Advertisement

MaverickMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj 80 amc eagle 85 cj7 laredo 79 ford quadravan(inoperable due to tragic fire)
That’s a second gen which I specifically excluded. And while I say “zero character” I really mean just compared to the 1st gen. They’re still OK they just really aren’t anything special. The styling is... whatever. They have boat anchor engines, front suspension that, while interesting, has some major disadvantages, they don’t tow well, they are too wide for a lot of trails. Sure they’re cool hunting rigs or beater trucks but I’d personally rather have an actual bed for a hunting rig so I don’t have a deer carcass inside my vehicle LOL
The engines in every FSB except the cool 78/79s are the exact same engines as the EBs with the exception that from most of them have more power. The also tow much better than any EB. I have towed a 4000lb skidsteer and flat towed my cj plenty of times with our 96. The I-beam style suspension really just has tire wear issues. They can be built to handle +40" tires and can flex much better than any other IFS design and support a low COG like a solid axle and are able to take a hit like a solid axle. They are wide yes, but if you are going to build em up for serious trails you can bob the front for better visibiity to get ahead of those tight turns. And of course CJ guys will say that EBs are too wide for alot of trails. I regularly took my CJs on dirt bike trails. So....

At the end of the day, you dont like them. But alot of people really do. Most people cant afford the EB and if we could it would largely be used just for wheeling because it doesnt have the cargo of the FSB. Last year I put 4 family adult members in mine and went wheeling up on the mountain. Mostly just drove around on some trails on a 20 to 25 degree incline couple square mile meadow over looking the southside of the island. My city slicker uncle almost greased his shorts. Thats some good times. Thats what every Bronco is about.
Complete-Guide-to-Mauis-Best-Campgrounds_Polipoli-State-Park_3-960x506.jpg

Complete-Guide-to-Mauis-Best-Campgrounds_Polipoli-State-Park_3-960x506.jpg

texheim

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape, 2016 Mustang Ecoboost premium, 2017 Escape, 1970 IH Scout
So, I was just able to show my wife this thread (she's been social distancing at the lake house for THREE MONTHS) and she said "you're getting the f'ing 2 door!" and then I point out the Baby Bronco and she says "You're F'ing buying me that". Please Ford, don't make this program restricted.

MaverickMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj 80 amc eagle 85 cj7 laredo 79 ford quadravan(inoperable due to tragic fire)
Once our 96 becomes a toy it may start to look like that. Minus the wheels I dont like much bigger than 15" for durability.

The Frisco Kid

First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
After going through this thread, I have some thoughts on the size/practicality of the 2 door. I decided to look up other offerings of Fords' to see how they handle this issue. So, here a couple videos of the Ecosport and the Escape:

I know this isn't a perfect 1 for 1 to the Bronco(different platforms, 4 door crossovers) but it shows how Ford tries to give you most cargo and 2nd row legroom in two of their smallest vehicles.

I feel confident that similar ideas will be used on the 2nd row seating on the Bronco and maybe improved on.

NonfatWombat

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; '17 Ford Focus SEL
After going through this thread, I have some thoughts on the size/practicality of the 2 door. I decided to look up other offerings of Fords' to see how they handle this issue. So, here a couple videos of the Ecosport and the Escape:

I know this isn't a perfect 1 for 1 to the Bronco(different platforms, 4 door crossovers) but it shows how Ford tries to give you most cargo and 2nd row legroom in two of their smallest vehicles.

I feel confident that similar ideas will be used on the 2nd row seating on the Bronco and maybe improved on.
I (optimistically) second your sentiment. Great links!

dgorsett

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords (and one jeep)
It's been awhile since we sold the wife's 2 door JK. But to be honest, I don't even remember it being a full foot of cargo space. And sadly the 2 door Bronco is looking to be very similar in length. So if you want the room that we used to have in the FSB's from the 80's and 90's, you'll be looking at the 4 door unfortunately.
I thought if they just increased rear overhang a few inches, along with the 6" of extra wheelbase area behind the rear seat would be good, but from what I've seen I'd say it will be just a little better than the Jeep 2dr. The old BII's had good behind the seat storage, so we can still hope. We could also hope for a fold flat rear seat like the BIIs

Last edited: