Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

...But what is the “Bronco look”?

This
5D9C356A-350C-4738-AFD5-3B46289C00E0.jpeg
Every time I see this generation of Bronco, part of my brain sees the front end and says, "Oh, I like that generation of F150!" and then another part of my brain has to be like "no wait, keep looking, it's a Bronco."
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
They kinda both are. #1 is a man's "do everything" SUV and #2 is a "I want to play in the woods" toy. It's all a matter of preference and which one you prefer.
Look at the Mustangs... some people love the classic Mustang from the 60's, others love the new Mustang with it's somewhat retro looks, then you have the crowd that swears by the "fox body" stang. All a matter of preference.
If you aren’t aware, I’m a very judgmental and opinionated person :ROFLMAO:

If someone prefers a fox body over a first gen mustang they must have some sort of brain damage.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This
5D9C356A-350C-4738-AFD5-3B46289C00E0.jpeg

vs.
7D3E2F2E-5682-471B-8FE0-6A1F552B99BA.jpeg

because if you say #1 your brain or eyeballs must be broken. The 3rd gen+ Broncos have zero character or soul compared to the first gen.
Comparing stock vs modified is not fair, so I can only compare that both of them have wing windows(which need to come back). Show a better color lifted OJ ( with SFA and boomer wheels) and eyeballs may work.

I will openly admit that stock EBs are ugly and should be delivering mail.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Comparing stock vs modified is not fair, so I can only compare that both of them have wing windows(which need to come back). Show a better color lifted OJ ( with SFA and boomer wheels) and eyeballs may work.

I will openly admit that stock EBs are ugly and should be delivering mail.
Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead 75bd7b59c32005f072d31214c5064eb0

I think even the stock ones look good.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did it look more or less stupid than this?
Thats actually a pretty good deal. I would want to lift the suspension a bit(looks stock) and lower the body, there is room for the v8 in the bay so its really a matter of bumping the floor make room for the tcase and chopping off and plating the unibody rails. Sit at the same height but bring the 2 sets of bumpers close enough to make them 1. Could also Z the chassis a lil more to get the body to sit in it instead of on it. But seriously it looks great.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

This
Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead 75bd7b59c32005f072d31214c5064eb0

vs.

because if you say #1 your brain or eyeballs must be broken. The 3rd gen+ Broncos have zero character or soul compared to the first gen.
So you are saying that none of these give you anything, Not even a lil tingle from the last one?

Also from a performance standpoint and definitely a dollar standpoint, Fox body Mustangs are the best you can build, per weight and dollar. Though I like the Capris better myself. Cant deny their buildability.

Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead 06_1
Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead 1986-ford-bronco-eddie-bauer-lifted-4x4-f150-uner-100k-original-miles-must-see-11
Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead ford-lift-kit_465bn2-installed
Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead Found-5-Rad-80s-Cars-gear-patrol-Bronco
Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead post-1345-1108534684
Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead post-5047-1179965147
Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead wmthw0417
Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead f8ff67125816a712ee41d1188a45890c

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They kinda both are. #1 is a man's "do everything" SUV and #2 is a "I want to play in the woods" toy. It's all a matter of preference and which one you prefer.
The question is, which will the new Bronco be? Can it be both?

My head wants a smaller K5 Blazer, my heart wants a Range Rover..

I just need something that ticks enough boxes...

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you are saying that none of these give you anything, Not even a lil tingle from the last one?

Also from a performance standpoint and definitely a dollar standpoint, Fox body Mustangs are the best you can build, per weight and dollar. Though I like the Capris better myself. Cant deny their buildability.

f8ff67125816a712ee41d1188a45890c.jpg
That’s a second gen which I specifically excluded. And while I say “zero character” I really mean just compared to the 1st gen. They’re still OK they just really aren’t anything special. The styling is... whatever. They have boat anchor engines, front suspension that, while interesting, has some major disadvantages, they don’t tow well, they are too wide for a lot of trails. Sure they’re cool hunting rigs or beater trucks but I’d personally rather have an actual bed for a hunting rig so I don’t have a deer carcass inside my vehicle LOL

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s a second gen which I specifically excluded. And while I say “zero character” I really mean just compared to the 1st gen. They’re still OK they just really aren’t anything special. The styling is... whatever. They have boat anchor engines, front suspension that, while interesting, has some major disadvantages, they don’t tow well, they are too wide for a lot of trails. Sure they’re cool hunting rigs or beater trucks but I’d personally rather have an actual bed for a hunting rig so I don’t have a deer carcass inside my vehicle LOL
deer go across the hood you heathen!

boat anchor engines! HA! they may have been watered down with 80s smog controls, but they have potential...and they can fit 460s easily enough.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
deer go across the hood you heathen!

boat anchor engines! HA! they may have been watered down with 80s smog controls, but they have potential...and they can fit 460s easily enough.
I’m just imagining rolling through scottsdale with a deer on my hood.... would be pretty funny not gonna lie

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead f8ff67125816a712ee41d1188a45890c
Yes please.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The engines in every FSB except the cool 78/79s are the exact same engines as the EBs with the exception that from most of them have more power. The also tow much better than any EB. I have towed a 4000lb skidsteer and flat towed my cj plenty of times with our 96. The I-beam style suspension really just has tire wear issues. They can be built to handle +40" tires and can flex much better than any other IFS design and support a low COG like a solid axle and are able to take a hit like a solid axle. They are wide yes, but if you are going to build em up for serious trails you can bob the front for better visibiity to get ahead of those tight turns. And of course CJ guys will say that EBs are too wide for alot of trails. I regularly took my CJs on dirt bike trails. So....

At the end of the day, you dont like them. But alot of people really do. Most people cant afford the EB and if we could it would largely be used just for wheeling because it doesnt have the cargo of the FSB. Last year I put 4 family adult members in mine and went wheeling up on the mountain. Mostly just drove around on some trails on a 20 to 25 degree incline couple square mile meadow over looking the southside of the island. My city slicker uncle almost greased his shorts. Thats some good times. Thats what every Bronco is about.
Ford Bronco Spied: Uncovered 2-door Bronco and Bronco Sport in the wild from overhead Complete-Guide-to-Mauis-Best-Campgrounds_Polipoli-State-Park_3-960x506

Complete-Guide-to-Mauis-Best-Campgrounds_Polipoli-State-Park_3-960x506.jpg

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, I was just able to show my wife this thread (she's been social distancing at the lake house for THREE MONTHS) and she said "you're getting the f'ing 2 door!" and then I point out the Baby Bronco and she says "You're F'ing buying me that". Please Ford, don't make this program restricted.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once our 96 becomes a toy it may start to look like that. Minus the wheels I dont like much bigger than 15" for durability.
Sponsored