Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After going through this thread, I have some thoughts on the size/practicality of the 2 door. I decided to look up other offerings of Fords' to see how they handle this issue. So, here a couple videos of the Ecosport and the Escape:

I know this isn't a perfect 1 for 1 to the Bronco(different platforms, 4 door crossovers) but it shows how Ford tries to give you most cargo and 2nd row legroom in two of their smallest vehicles.

I feel confident that similar ideas will be used on the 2nd row seating on the Bronco and maybe improved on.
Sponsored

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After going through this thread, I have some thoughts on the size/practicality of the 2 door. I decided to look up other offerings of Fords' to see how they handle this issue. So, here a couple videos of the Ecosport and the Escape:

I know this isn't a perfect 1 for 1 to the Bronco(different platforms, 4 door crossovers) but it shows how Ford tries to give you most cargo and 2nd row legroom in two of their smallest vehicles.

I feel confident that similar ideas will be used on the 2nd row seating on the Bronco and maybe improved on.
I (optimistically) second your sentiment. Great links!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's been awhile since we sold the wife's 2 door JK. But to be honest, I don't even remember it being a full foot of cargo space. And sadly the 2 door Bronco is looking to be very similar in length. So if you want the room that we used to have in the FSB's from the 80's and 90's, you'll be looking at the 4 door unfortunately.
I thought if they just increased rear overhang a few inches, along with the 6" of extra wheelbase area behind the rear seat would be good, but from what I've seen I'd say it will be just a little better than the Jeep 2dr. The old BII's had good behind the seat storage, so we can still hope. We could also hope for a fold flat rear seat like the BIIs

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I know personally, it's going to be the 2 door. We don't have kids and never will. Had that catastrophe corrected years ago.

I will be making a shelf that can hold the back seat(s) and they'll stay right there unless we have people visit that want to ride in it.

OP
OP
Escape_Artist

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I know personally, it's going to be the 2 door. We don't have kids and never will. Had that catastrophe corrected years ago.

I will be making a shelf that can hold the back seat(s) and they'll stay right there unless we have people visit that want to ride in it.
????
3503b866d72632e53%2Ftumblr_n9sbugb2de1tovi8qo2_250.gif

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ll play the guessing game. Since the first picture of the 2-door leaked, I’ve had this thought: the front doors look 6” longer than the front doors on a wrangler. Some of this I’m sure is that the Bronco looks shorter from the a-pillar to the front than a wrangler, although that might be an optical illusion. If it is close to 6” longer than a current wrangler 2-door, it will be almost the same wheelbase as the wrangler JL, which was the precursor to the 4-door unlimited. From what I understand, the JL is coveted by off-readers because it is a balance between the agility of a 2-door and the improved driving characteristics of a longer wheelbase. If this is actually the case, everyone might get what they want, better driver, more legroom, more storage behind the seat with a 103”Ish wheelbase. Obviously I’m just guessing,
Wrangler Wheelbases:
TJ - 93”
LJ (TJ LWB) - 103”
Current 2-door - 97”
Current 4-door - 118”
So the 2-door wheelbase is 100” and it is 7” longer than the current 2-door wrangler. There is almost twice the cargo capacity behind the rear seat than there is in a 2-door wrangler. They did it right.
Sponsored