Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A finely tuned suspension and you want to change it with some spring spacers or something. I would not touch it. Ford spent millions perfecting it, you think some aftermarket company will make it better.
HaHa. You sound like my Dad! Back in the 70's I had a Jeep Utility Wagon with a Ford 289 I was constantly tinkering with, he would say " They paid engineers millions of dollars to design these things and you think you can made it better". Probably wisdom of the ages, but I still like to tinker!
He called my Jeep the "Morphydite"
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For one, yall need to install your own lifts otherwise you are 100% a poser. Just a fact. On top of that a lift on a brand new vehicle is cake (try taking leaf springs off a old cj that have never been touched) and damn near free or atleast 50% off once you sell your stock stuff.

Second yes aftermarket shocks and springs will be expensive. But honestly if the wheel travel is good with the stock stuff, it would be wise to keep it and use longer arms and maybe a spacer to give it more flex. I know from the chassis pics that there are a few basic changes(welding) that will improve it quite a bit offroad. Really the biggest thing we need to be watchig for is longer arms all around. No strut upgrade will do much of anything without changing the geometry first. I personally will be measuring up raptor a arms for mine. The rear solid axle arms are alot easier to fabricate or have fabricated.

The main thing you MUST remember is that if you plan on doing anything to it and wheeling it, you have to get squatch or badlands and up. Without it you can add $3000 to your mods for an axle. Before or after it breaks.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool thing about Bronco is with coilovers from the factory aftermarket ones will be a piece of cake. 4WP seemed to fit those 37’s with just upper control arms in the front and probably just a basic rear lift and that should be enough for 99% of us. If you’re going above 40”+ tires and expect to run it hard you’re going to be doing a decent amount of fab work though...

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool thing about Bronco is with coilovers from the factory aftermarket ones will be a piece of cake. 4WP seemed to fit those 37’s with just upper control arms in the front and probably just a basic rear lift and that should be enough for 99% of us. If you’re going above 40”+ tires and expect to run it hard you’re going to be doing a decent amount of fab work though...

Once Healy went to 40's on his Haven Fun Ranger he said he had to give the steering a boost with a belt driven hydro pump. Electric steer only good for about 37's by the sound of it to me.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A finely tuned suspension and you want to change it with some spring spacers or something. I would not touch it. Ford spent millions perfecting it, you think some aftermarket company will make it better.

With "spacers" I would say you are correct but.......... when you are talking 4 coilovers and upper a-arms to are just "correcting" the geometry for the increase in height. Better result in the end.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With "spacers" I would say you are correct but.......... when you are talking 4 coilovers and upper a-arms to are just "correcting" the geometry for the increase in height. Better result in the end.
Belt driven power steering pump? You don't say! Huh...

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once Healy went to 40's on his Haven Fun Ranger he said he had to give the steering a boost with a belt driven hydro pump. Electric steer only good for about 37's by the sound of it to me.
Also running custom IFS and rear axle housing too...

Bronco is going to be pretty much limited to 37’s for serious work, or 40’s if you’re not going to wheel it hard would be my bet. If you want 40’s and to wheel hard you’re probably gutting it and doing tons/custom IFS etc.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also running custom IFS and rear axle housing too...

Bronco is going to be pretty much limited to 37’s for serious work, or 40’s if you’re not going to wheel it hard would be my bet. If you want 40’s and to wheel hard you’re probably gutting it and doing tons/custom IFS etc.
I really think everybody is gonna be swapping Raptor parts to build a cheap-hog model. I did some research yesterday and there are plenty of folks offering the 8.8 front and rear diffs. Swap those and long arms for the rear and raptor stock front take-off arms. Im sure someone has already been under a ranger and a raptor measuring what kind of mount changes will be required. But the extra beef of f150 based raptor stuff will not only make it better offroad but also bring up its towing strength (not legally rated of course but better none the less).

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Belt driven power steering pump? You don't say! Huh...

I don't know for sure but maybe it was something like this ...........

PK1880 - Power Steering Pump Conversion Kit for Jeep JL 3.6L (pscmotorsports.com)

We installed one of these kits in the shop a while back. The Bronco use a rack so I'm not sure what they did it on his Ranger. Haven't been able to find anything out about it yet. But I remember him running 37's for quite a while with the custom IFS and the stock steering. Then posting before he even got the 40's that they might be problem with the stock stuff. Then after getting the 40's he posted that he did either hydro assist or conversion I don't remember.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If it were perfect, ford would not be coming out with a warthog/raptor version. Just saying.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it were perfect, ford would not be coming out with a warthog/raptor version. Just saying.
Raptors are built for performance and dune bashing not so much for rock crawling. Do I think the ford suspension will be as good as the high-end suspension companies. No, of course not. But like Ive told others, my wife’s BL w/ stock suspension will be hitting the same difficult trails that 98% of Broncos and Jeep owners will see (this coming from a jeep owner who has a built LJ in the garage with $25k worth of mods and only think still stock is the tub and frame.)

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Raptors are built for performance and dune bashing not so much for rock crawling. Do I think the ford suspension will be as good as the high-end suspension companies. No, of course not. But like Ive told others, my wife’s BL w/ stock suspension will be hitting the same difficult trails that 98% of Broncos and Jeep owners will see (this coming from a jeep owner who has a built LJ in the garage with $25k worth of mods and only think still stock is the tub and frame.)
Not disputing that, the statement was that ford spent millions perfecting the suspension. Perfection depends in how you’re going to use it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s hard to tell if you’re joking or just have never done anything like this...but you will be able to buy far better suspension components than what comes stock on Bronco.

I most definitely wont be tossing my warranty in the garbage can the first 3 years .
Why would a lift do that? It would have zero effect on the warranty other than on the parts that were replaced (the new ones also have their own warranty), or any thing that results directly from those new parts. No one is throwing away anything.
Sponsored