First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think where people misunderstand the 4A Slippery mode is that it doesn't say 4A is the only 4 wheel drive mode available, it just says it's the default with an Advanced 4x4 Transfer Case.

While 2H is not available in Slippery, 4A (default), 4H, and 4L are all available. If you had it in 4H or 4L on drive pavement, that is where you can run into problems.

If you don't have the Advanced 4x4 Transfer Case, I imagine it would default to 4H.

Note: Depending on the four-wheel drive mode selected when using slippery mode on dry/hard pavement, your vehicle could experience vibration, driveline bind up, damage and potential excessive tire and vehicle wear.
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.7 has more than enough power to break the tires loose when accelerating at full throttle from a stop so it is very likely that the wheel spin has caused it to engage the front axle.

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you sure you are not feeling the small tightening up of the suspension and steering response? Many claims the only effect of Sport is changing shift points and locking out 9th and 10th. Myself it seems to tighten up the vehicle , not a such or as noticeable as my BMW X4 but still noticeable to me
Yes- the effect of the drag in the system is specific to 4A. It doesn't matter what goat mode I'm in. I'll engage 4A manually if road conditions permit without using Sport or Slippery mode. Any time 4A is engaged the drag is noticeable. I would say the steering feels heavier when 4A is selected as well

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The sections highlighted are completely relevant as they clarify the misinformation you keep posting.
Really? You know wisdom has taught me that some people just like to argue regardless of the facts.

The information I keep posting is coming directly from the owner's manual. Both the text that you posted and the text that I posted came from the same manual.

Have a good day, enjoy your Bronco, and hopefully this forum can still provide clarification and answers to any questions people may have.
Sponsored