First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Based on what we know many of us cannot configure our ideal Bronco. This is not a knock on Ford. The options are excellent. Just wish we had more flexibility to configure the options.

i had planned on the badlands version and then optioning it out to be similar to F/E which I could not reserve.

Ideally I would like the marine vinyl/rubber floors combined with the sport track mode. That doesnā€™t appear to be an option as of this moment.

To get Sport mode I need to get the wildtrack version. The more I read about sport mode 2.7 eco boost, many say sport mode is a must have option. I donā€™t want the tranny constantly swapping to the highest gear to maximize mpg. Reminds me of when I had a friend that but a new in 2019 Camaro SS with 425hp. Once he got on the interstate the cylinder deactivation would kick in and it went Into limp mode.

Am I the only one that thinks that sport mode is that big of a deal to cause them to change their trim level.
Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Based on what we know many of us cannot configure our ideal Bronco. This is not a knock on Ford. The options are excellent. Just wish we had more flexibility to configure the options.

i had planned on the badlands version and then optioning it out to be similar to F/E which I could not reserve.

Ideally I would like the marine vinyl/rubber floors combined with the sport track mode. That doesnā€™t appear to be an option as of this moment.

To get Sport mode I need to get the wildtrack version. The more I read about sport mode 2.7 eco boost, many say sport mode is a must have option. I donā€™t want the tranny constantly swapping to the highest gear to maximize mpg. Reminds me of when I had a friend that but a new in 2019 Camaro SS with 425hp. Once he got on the interstate the cylinder deactivation would kick in and it went Into limp mode.

Am I the only one that thinks that sport mode is that big of a deal to cause them to change their trim level.
I havenā€™t seen any references to sport mode. What are we talking about here?

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this some sort of manumatic thing?

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right here.
Ford Bronco Sport mode causing me to switch from badlands to wildtrak 502D4EB2-0BA5-402D-9DF0-7E6F0A3EF567
Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s an off-road ā€œSportā€ mode, and doesnā€™t take the place of an on-road one such as is in my 2013 Escape.

Last edited:

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black Diamond has sport mode and the interior you want if those are your top priorities.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the software only allows 7 modes and that's why they dropped it from Badlands and First Edition.

Last edited:

Sponsored

captchathis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking the same thing. I would really like sport mode that's in the wildtrak, something I would use way more often then Rock crawl mode. At the same time I would also want the aux switches, rubber floors and vinyl seats in the badlands.

Also the bronco doesn't come with paddle shifters. Theres a +/- button on the side of the gear lever which I do not like at all. It's one thing to not have paddle shifters but another to have manual shifting in a tiny button. This makes the sport mode even more crucial to have imho.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Better throttle response, holds gears longer to higher rpm, keeps the motor in the power band, doesnā€™t constantly change gears when up or down hills. People will tell you with the new raptor that it is sub-optimized unless you put it in sport mode.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm thinking the same thing. I would really like sport mode that's in the wildtrak, something I would use way more often then Rock crawl mode. At the same time I would also want the aux switches, rubber floors and vinyl seats in the badlands.

Also the bronco doesn't come with paddle shifters. Theres a +/- button on the side of the gear lever which I do not like at all. It's one thing to not have paddle shifters but another to have manual shifting in a tiny button. This makes the sport mode even more crucial to have imho.
I believe the bronco sport has paddle shifters. I hadn't payed much attention to that thing, but I think I remember that detail...

OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If itā€™s anything like the Raptorā€˜a modes, just switch to Baja and then transfer case back to 2WD and youā€™ll have Sport mode on major steroids.
I just googled Baja mode. It sounds promising. Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I would have to travel 1.5 hours to find real rocks. I would never use the disconnect. The Wildtrak fits me better. But, I would rather have no carpet and marine vinyl.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond has sport mode and the interior you want if those are your top priorities.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the software only allows 7 modes and that's why they dropped it from Badlands and First Edition.
THIS. Just get the Black Diamond. It has sport, rock crawl, rubber floors, aux switches, and vinyl seats.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I start my truck and always turn on sport mode. I turn it off when iā€™m cruising in interstate.

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
THIS. Just get the Black Diamond. It has sport, rock crawl, rubber floors, aux switches, and vinyl seats.
Iā€™ve been torn on this too. Black diamond tops out on the mid package, and I want high or lux.

like OP said, there are lots of options but thereā€™s no single model that checks each box I want, which is making my choice difficult! Hopefully there will be some ability to add a la carte, canā€™t wait for that build and price to go live!
Sponsored