Sponsored

Sport Mode - Is over-the-air update to add it possible?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
The CNET review pasted below mentions that: "Inexplicably, however, this model does without a Sport mode. (Over-the-air update, anyone?)"...and of course the lack of a Sport mode in Badlands/FE has been baffling from the beginning. Does anyone have a feel for whether it could be added with a software update, either from Ford or by a dealer/Forscan?

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2021-ford-bronco-review-preview/
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting question. If the Sync 4 has the ability to re-map the ECU it could happen. Sync 4 is connected to pretty much everything on the vehicle so it maybe can. Possible? Yeah. Probable? Not likely.

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think so. I don't think it made it because they are limited in the number of drive modes they can have so they had to choose. Just a theory.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think so. I don't think it made it because they are limited in the number of drive modes they can have so they had to choose. Just a theory.
While they are limited in the number of GOAT modes, I believe that via Forscan Sport can be enabled and another (Eco?) can be disabled getting around the limit. It wouldn't be an official Ford update.

OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
While they are limited in the number of GOAT modes, I believe that via Forscan Sport can be enabled and another (Eco?) can be disabled getting around the limit. It wouldn't be an official Ford update.
I pray that’s doable…

Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isnt the only difference between the Sport Mode and Baja mode 2wd vs 4H? I was looking at the modes it was setting and it seems as much...

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Isnt the only difference between the Sport Mode and Baja mode 2wd vs 4H? I was looking at the modes it was setting and it seems as much...
Nope. Search as it has been covered many times.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea what the limiting factor is?
Appears to essentially be a software setting. The only thing I've seen that could maybe be a challenge is fitting all of the mode icons on the instrument cluster menu at the same time, and that seems like a stupid reason to leave a mode off of the top-level trims.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any idea what the limiting factor is?
Appears to essentially be a software setting. The only thing I've seen that could maybe be a challenge is fitting all of the mode icons on the instrument cluster menu at the same time, and that seems like a stupid reason to leave a mode off of the top-level trims.
I think the dial (maybe someone who has cycled through the modes at the Roadeo can confirm), but I don't think it continuously spins to the next GOAT mode. I think it stops on the ECO mode. AFAIK, you can't spin it one mode further to engage Rock Crawl. You would have to spin it to the opposite spectrum in the opposite direction on the GOAT dial. So if that behavior holds true, there are only so many GOAT mode stops on the dial.

With regards to the software settings, all modes should be preset and present. But are only available to specific trims. It should only be a matter of time for someone familiar with ForScan to map the variables and settings. Of course, with systems so integrated, that someone will be taking on the risk of opening Pandora's Box.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bingo. These won't be OTA updates/changes.

Forescan will be the ticket here. It's a difficult tool and not nearly as intuitive as it seems. Likley there's a limitation to the number of modes available at a given time, locked by trim level, plus dealers having access to the entries/changes.

We disable the start/stop on our Ranger, plus a few personalization's to the driving modes but revert and reset the ECU anytime it has to go in for service.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No way Ford would allow goat modes to be downloaded. Ford does not make $$ from this. They want you to pick the trim that has the modes you need.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bingo. These won't be OTA updates/changes.

Forescan will be the ticket here. It's a difficult tool and not nearly as intuitive as it seems. Likley there's a limitation to the number of modes available at a given time, locked by trim level, plus dealers having access to the entries/changes.

We disable the start/stop on our Ranger, plus a few personalization's to the driving modes but revert and reset the ECU anytime it has to go in for service.
And I didn't mention it, but I'm glad you did. Any system changes can be ascertained by the dealer. With systems so integrated, one setting can impact another. Not a big deal with regards to ASS. But not reverting the settings changed may be reason that a dealer needs to void a warranty claim.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the dial (maybe someone who has cycled through the modes at the Roadeo can confirm), but I don't think it continuously spins to the next GOAT mode. I think it stops on the ECO mode. AFAIK, you can't spin it one mode further to engage Rock Crawl. You would have to spin it to the opposite spectrum in the opposite direction on the GOAT dial. So if that behavior holds true, there are only so many GOAT mode stops on the dial.

With regards to the software settings, all modes should be preset and present. But are only available to specific trims. It should only be a matter of time for someone familiar with ForScan to map the variables and settings. Of course, with systems so integrated, that someone will be taking on the risk of opening Pandora's Box.
I don't think the physical dial has an actual stop one way or another (can someone that's already got theirs verify?), especially since not all trims have the same number of modes. You may be correct that you can roll through all the modes and then 'wrap around' but that's still just a software/UI thing.
At this point, I'm betting they just can't fit an extra icon in the UI without making them smaller (which makes coding the UI a LOT more complicated). That and they evidently didn't want a trim that has all the modes.
No way Ford would allow goat modes to be downloaded. Ford does not make $$ from this. They want you to pick the trim that has the modes you need.
If it was that simple, then Ford would have offered a trim with all the modes - or better yet, included a paid option to unlock additional modes regardless of trim.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s like a View-Master reel; you’d have to change it out to see difference pictures.
Ford Bronco Sport Mode - Is over-the-air update to add it possible? 4100A361-A6E5-47A5-AAB4-F96ECCBE00D1

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No way it’s an OTA. When we ordered my wife’s badlands I was disappointed to find out it didn’t include a sport mode. I drove a 2.3L big bend Sasquatch and it felt great in sport mode so I’m guaranteeing it makes a difference.
Sponsored