First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 BMW Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello all. First - I did try to search for this and did not find exactly what I was looking for. If I missed it, please let me know and I will happily go to another thread.

That being said, I know there have been many discussions about Sport Mode and the differences between trims. I fully understand the differences between all the trims and why I should or should not buy this trim or that trim. My question is this: for those that own a Bronco, or have driven one that is Sasquatch and 2.7 can you actually tell a difference when using Sport Mode? Is it really much of a difference between Sport Mode and Normal Mode?

I tried to test drive the 2 door Wildtrak at one of my local dealerships (which I have done in the past already once) and they gave me this BS line about insurance not letting anyone test drive their Broncos. Whatever, like I said, I already drove it once, just forgot to put it in Sport Mode the time I drove it.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have not driven a bronco, but have/had a few vehicles with sport mode. Sport mode tends to keep the revs higher and change shift points. It's definitely noticeable in every one.

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
can you actually tell a difference when using Sport Mode? Is it really much of a difference between Sport Mode and Normal Mode?
BIGTIME.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just driving around town there is quite the difference between Sport, Normal, and ECO mode.

My only question is, since this is my first vehicle with so many options, is staying in sport mode 90% of my time going to hurt anything?

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My only question is, since this is my first vehicle with so many options, is staying in sport mode 90% of my time going to hurt anything?
Not at all. I drove both of my Challengers in sport mode 99% of the time.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sport mode does default into 4A. Guessing you can switch into 2H but I have never tried it. On the difference- Normal is much smoother and has plenty of power. Seems like everytime I give Sport a chance, I can't wait to switch it out. Just seems like it drags out the shifts with not much of a gain. - 2 Dr Base Sasquatch 2.7L

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very noticeable! Shift to sport it then defaults to 4A, manually press 2wd and hammer it. Didn’t want to get into it too much during breakin but I took a right hand turn at a traffic light hammered it and left some rubber on the ground. Very surprising on 35s.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all. First - I did try to search for this and did not find exactly what I was looking for. If I missed it, please let me know and I will happily go to another thread.

That being said, I know there have been many discussions about Sport Mode and the differences between trims. I fully understand the differences between all the trims and why I should or should not buy this trim or that trim. My question is this: for those that own a Bronco, or have driven one that is Sasquatch and 2.7 can you actually tell a difference when using Sport Mode? Is it really much of a difference between Sport Mode and Normal Mode?

I tried to test drive the 2 door Wildtrak at one of my local dealerships (which I have done in the past already once) and they gave me this BS line about insurance not letting anyone test drive their Broncos. Whatever, like I said, I already drove it once, just forgot to put it in Sport Mode the time I drove it.

Thank you in advance.
Remember OvrLnd99 is asking about a Sas Bronco 2.7 not your guess, conjecture or a different vehicle 🚗 that has mostly nothing to do with his question.

Ok, any 2.7 model will due...

Last edited:

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was reading the manual and couldn’t figure out what the hell It talking about or what actually comes on a base model or not.
I just wanna know if you put it in sport mode, does it turn off all that automatic stop/start fuel eco- and lane swerve-stuff like some sports cars do?
I am overwhelmed with all the automatically controlled babysitting computer stuff on these cars in the last 10 years!!

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was reading the manual and couldn’t figure out what the hell It talking about or what actually comes on a base model or not.
I just wanna know if you put it in sport mode, does it turn off all that automatic stop/start fuel eco- and lane swerve-stuff like some sports cars do?
I am overwhelmed with all the automatically controlled babysitting computer stuff on these cars in the last 10 years!!
Yes, sport mode does deactivate the automatic start/stop feature. Not sure about lane assist, I have that setting deactivated. The instrument cluster does ask if I want to remain in sport mode every time I start the engine, though, which is kind of annoying.

Sponsored

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if there will be any way to modify the presets like we can modify settings in the pickups with Forscan...

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Thank you in advance.
Ok dont have the Sasquatch package, but my 4 door Black diamond does have the 2.7l. my experience in sport mode, holds shifts points a lot higher. I myself feel a difference. Also, and this my just be me, but I also feel a lot more torque in sport🤷🏻‍♂️. Normal is where I keep it most of the time but if I need a little more pep and pull... I find sport works great! Hope this helps!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apart from the higher rpm and downshifting to also keep the revs up, the rest of it is just throttle mapping. There is no more power available than in normal mode.
In my Escape, if I'm just driving normally in sport mode, it'll eventually shift up and rev normally... But down shifts sooner (with throttle blips!) to keep the rpm from falling...
I data logged the TPS and the gas pedal position, and it's all just smoke and mirrors. Non-linear connection between the two...
In normal operation, you can actually see the throttle position ease up on shifts as well to smooth them out. Maybe less so in sport mode.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Apart from the higher rpm and downshifting to also keep the revs up, the rest of it is just throttle mapping. There is no more power available than in normal mode.
In my Escape, if I'm just driving normally in sport mode, it'll eventually shift up and rev normally... But down shifts sooner (with throttle blips!) to keep the rpm from falling...
I data logged the TPS and the gas pedal position, and it's all just smoke and mirrors. Non-linear connection between the two...
In normal operation, you can actually see the throttle position ease up on shifts as well to smooth them out. Maybe less so in sport mode.
How do you data log your trip?