Smindustries

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various cars, tractors, and boats
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I data logged the TPS and the gas pedal position, and it's all just smoke and mirrors. Non-linear connection between the two...
This is exactly the hustle of the Sprint Booster, Banks Pedal Monster, and other similar products. Push the pedal 50% and get 80% throttle.

No map is going to offer more than 100% throttle, but some can get there quicker.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sport mode does default into 4A. Guessing you can switch into 2H but I have never tried it. On the difference- Normal is much smoother and has plenty of power. Seems like everytime I give Sport a chance, I can't wait to switch it out. Just seems like it drags out the shifts with not much of a gain. - 2 Dr Base Sasquatch 2.7L
This has always been my issue with sport mode across various vehicles. Fun to switch on when you're getting on the highway and when you need a bit more oomph, but in regular traffic always feels clunky to me.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has always been my issue with sport mode across various vehicles. Fun to switch on when you're getting on the highway and when you need a bit more oomph, but in regular traffic always feels clunky to me.
You nailed it-Sport is now known as :
Clunky Mode

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reactions: R11

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could be totally mistaken here, but, for the most part isn't Sport mode basically Baja mode but with 2H on instead of either of the 4WD ranges?

Any chance someone with a Wildtrak could give try out sport mode and then try out Baja, but change it to 2H and see if it behaves similarly?

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could be totally mistaken here, but, for the most part isn't Sport mode basically Baja mode but with 2H on instead of either of the 4WD ranges?

Any chance someone with a Wildtrak could give try out sport mode and then try out Baja, but change it to 2H and see if it behaves similarly?
similar, but not the same (according to owners on this forum)
baja mode appears more aggressive, like track mode in a sports car (comfort, normal, sport, track). seems to allow more slip angle before traction/stability control kicks in compared to sport

llanier44

Black Diamond
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 FX4; 2007 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In my BD, sport mode switches you to 4A… meaning on straightaways you are getting power to all four wheels. If you switch the display to show power transfer, you will see when 4wd engages and disengages.

WPS-GHG!

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Rebel, 2021 BD Sas Mid 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BD Sas 2.7, and yes there is a big difference between normal and sport. I like the responsiveness of the throttle in sport mode, normal mode seems to have some real peddle lag sometimes. But don't really need the high-rev shifts and holding gears so long in normal day to day driving. It has also been interesting to watch and try to figure out the bronco's decision making process between down-shifting or turbo boost when you ask for acceleration. It seems like in normal it leans towards turbo as it's first choice, and sport leans towards down-shifting, but overall sport mode keeps the boost turned up much higher than normal mode.

I've been reading about the peddle master and sprint booster products, thinking about trying one to kind of bridge the gap between normal and sport modes.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will just say, it is amazing how far the electronic controls have advanced...

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can definitely tell a difference. I wish the badlands came with sport mode.
Sponsored