Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What kinda erked me about the Escape... It allowed full open throttle in 1st and 2nd gears on full throttle launch, then started limiting torque by 3rd gear (closing the throttle plate) 🤷
Maybe transmission related.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What kinda erked me about the Escape... It allowed full open throttle in 1st and 2nd gears on full throttle launch, then started limiting torque by 3rd gear (closing the throttle plate) 🤷
Maybe transmission related.
Probably something to do with the amount of friction material on the third (and later) clutches/discs?

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I test drove a Wildtrack Friday. I started in Sport mode and gunned it the second I left the dealership. Holy cow that thing is much faster than I expected! I changed it to Normal at the next red light and gunned it. It was noticeably slower. Not slow by any means but I could tell. I dont have any 0-60 to back that up but I could feel it

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I noticed a notable difference in Sport mode (throttle response & gear selection) in both the 2.3 & 2.7 (sasquatch) that I test drove. It’s enough of a difference that I don’t think I could choose a Badlands that is lacking Sport mode, lol. It is obviously no gain in true engine performance but it still brings some life to it.

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Test drive something else with sports mode like the Raptor. Different engines but you can see the difference it makes.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s enough of a difference that I don’t think I could choose a Badlands that is lacking Sport mode
Nope...i’d go BD with Sport mode.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope...i’d go BD with Sport mode.
This is one of the most baffling decisions by Ford…I want a sway-bar disconnect, front camera AND sort mode. The first two take priority, so I can’t have Sport mode as of now. Hopefully there is some way to add it aftermarket through Forscan or a tune. Maybe they change that for 22, since no one seems to like it being left off…or add it in an over the air upgrade: @Ford Motor Company

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is one of the most baffling decisions by Ford…I want a sway-bar disconnect, front camera AND sort mode. The first two take priority, so I can’t have Sport mode as of now. Hopefully there is some way to add it aftermarket through Forscan or a tune. Maybe they change that for 22, since no one seems to like it being left off…or add it in an over the air upgrade: @Ford Motor Company
The most baffling to me is not offering MGV for all trims. We all must make sacrifices i suppose. Can’t have everything.

RobbyBronco

Base
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I test drove a Wildtrack Friday. I started in Sport mode and gunned it the second I left the dealership. Holy cow that thing is much faster than I expected! I changed it to Normal at the next red light and gunned it. It was noticeably slower. Not slow by any means but I could tell. I dont have any 0-60 to back that up but I could feel it
I noticed a notable difference in Sport mode (throttle response & gear selection) in both the 2.3 & 2.7 (sasquatch) that I test drove. It’s enough of a difference that I don’t think I could choose a Badlands that is lacking Sport mode, lol. It is obviously no gain in true engine performance but it still brings some life to it.
Thank you for answering the question instead of giving us superfluous anecdotes about other vehicles, like most everyone else did here.

Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Apart from the higher rpm and downshifting to also keep the revs up, the rest of it is just throttle mapping. There is no more power available than in normal mode.
In my Escape, if I'm just driving normally in sport mode, it'll eventually shift up and rev normally... But down shifts sooner (with throttle blips!) to keep the rpm from falling...
I data logged the TPS and the gas pedal position, and it's all just smoke and mirrors. Non-linear connection between the two...
In normal operation, you can actually see the throttle position ease up on shifts as well to smooth them out. Maybe less so in sport mode.
Do you think an aftermarket tuner can have a similar sport mode mapping?

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait… Badlands doesn’t have Sport mode?! Shit…

When I drove the Outer Banks I kept it exclusively in Sport mode on the road because the response was so weak in Normal / Eco modes.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just driving around town there is quite the difference between Sport, Normal, and ECO mode.

My only question is, since this is my first vehicle with so many options, is staying in sport mode 90% of my time going to hurt anything?
Gas mileage

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wait… Badlands doesn’t have Sport mode?! Shit…

When I drove the Outer Banks I kept it exclusively in Sport mode on the road because the response was so weak in Normal / Eco modes.
You can get an aftermarket tuner that will drive very similar to sport mode. The issues is then your would always be in sport mode until you download a different tune. Which sounds like it might work for you since you like the feel of sport mode.
Sponsored