Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not trolling those that don’t have sport mode but wow. I drove mine the first 2 days in normal, and it’s been sport mode since. Sadly gas mileage reflects this. I drive it faster than my 5.0 mustang and it gets worse gas mileage at about 16.
Ford Bronco Sport mode wakes up the 2.7 0AF61F59-53F5-48FD-9769-CBAE7FC2EC3B
Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Felt the same way about it in my 2.3mt. Get my 2.7 in a week or two, fingers crossed. Can’t wait to try sport mode.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly feel that way about my wife's little 1.5L 3-cylinder EcoBoost in her Escape. Flip it to sport mode and that thing becomes a spunky little SUV.

Very curious to see what it's like with my manual transmission. In my wife's Escape most of the gains seem to be due to how the computer handles behavior of the transmission... and I presume the same is with the 2.7L in the Bronco. So should be interesting to see what happens when the transmission isn't apart of the equation (@Portapot post gives me hope).

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the steering change in sport mode but I don't love how it will just hang out in high revs for a while.

I want something between sport and normal...

OP
OP
Jason F

Jason F

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like the steering change in sport mode but I don't love how it will just hang out in high revs for a while.

I want something between sport and normal...
I wasn’t sure there was a steering change, it’s holding the gears longer that I like. Amazing it drives as Well as it does on 35’s

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
In my wife's F-150 sport mode really helps keep it from shifting too quickly. Keeps it in the lower gears longer, which (on the 150) gives it better gas mileage by keeping it out of boost longer.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wasn’t sure there was a steering change, it’s holding the gears longer that I like. Amazing it drives as Well as it does on 35’s
Drive in Normal for a while, wiggle around in your lane. While doing that, click the wheel 3x to get into sport and feel the steering.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not trolling those that don’t have sport mode but wow. I drove mine the first 2 days in normal, and it’s been sport mode since. ... Amazing it drives as well as it does on 35’s
Shoot, if it's that sporty on 35`s, I can't wait to see how it goes on the Black Diamond 32's!

Ford Bronco Sport mode wakes up the 2.7 sled

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yea sport mode is no joke and fun. I can instantly feel the difference. It's like the bronco wants to pull even as I slow down.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As much as I wanted Sport mode I wanted Baja more, my choices were Black Diamond or Badlands. I wanted both the Baja and the Rock Crawl mode so I went with the Badlands. Wonder if Baja would work in 2H like Sport in 4H? I know Baha is not meant for the road, needs a loose surface.

Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As much as I wanted Sport mode I wanted Baja more, my choices were Black Diamond or Badlands. I wanted both the Baja and the Rock Crawl mode so I went with the Badlands. Wonder if Baja would work in 2H like Sport in 4H? I know Baha is not meant for the road, needs a loose surface.
Baja then shift to 2H works. It says offroad only, but no lockers are engaged, so I can't see where it will hurt anything. Cameras also work, which makes me wonder if that's why they say offroad only.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just don’t want anything to bind up, that’s what I had heard could happen on pavement in Baja mode.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Absolutely ,that 2.7 in sport mode when the turbos kick in is unbelievable. Thought i was in my Mustang there for a minute.

D4EA3C41-D1C0-4325-B174-1B9C8BCF8CA6.jpeg
I find it very believable
Sponsored