Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I totally agree with that statement, I work from home and my wife will be in one month as well but right now she's using it to commute a little bit and I'm sure she's having fun spooling those turbos! When I get in a press the gas it just wants to go I'm certain the transmission is learning her driving over mine. 😅

But even so with close to 800 kms on ours now and a full day off roading we're still averaging 14.8L/100 km which is around 16-17mpg. I'll have to take a screenshot and also compare our actual tank fill up vs the dash display.
Haven't taken ours off-road yet but will do soon. I just want to get those 1000 break in miles and then really get on it and get it's legs stretched out.
Sponsored

Martiin

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2.3 7sp BD with 34s and 2in lift is consistently only getting 14.8MPG, 70% Highway. Confirmed by calculating at the pump, dash fluctuates between 14-15mpg.

It was 17° out here yesterday.
Wife who is the one driving the bronco more has a stop and go commute maybe 20% highway but she does have a heavy foot. We've had two explorers a 2015 with Ecoboost and a 2021 Ecoboost and we have learned that like they say you can either have the boost or the eco but not both, bronco falls into that category. wife and I usually end up choosing the boost so Yea not great milage.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well the computer still controls throttle response, that pedal you push to go faster isn't actually connected to the throttle, 'you think that's air you are breathing... LOL. There are rules Neo.'

There's only a few modes that you really need. Sport Mode (4A), Rock Crawl (4L), and Baja (4H).

Under appreciated comment.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I still keep wavering between BaseManSquatch and NonSas Black Diamond. It's Arizona, I really prefer cloth seats, but Base doesn't have Mud/Ruts or Rock Crawl.

What am I really missing without Mud/Ruts or RockCrawl, considering the Manual has a granny gear to play with?
Mud/ruts and rock crawl are the most useless goat modes. Just put it in 4 low while in normal mode and use lockers as needed. Once you have the Bronco you realize how gimmicky the modes are. Normal, Sport, and slippery are all I find myself using. Baja might be fun if you can find a place to use it.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mud/ruts and rock crawl are the most useless goat modes. Just put it in 4 low while in normal mode and use lockers as needed. Once you have the Bronco you realize how gimmicky the modes are. Normal, Sport, and slippery are all I find myself using. Baja might be fun if you can find a place to use it.
Yep I agree, only two modes I've used since getting it - normal and sport. I'd rather control the rest myself.

Sponsored

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, if you can add modes in FORScan, can you remove the ones you don't want as well? I agree with several posters above, that Normal and Sport are the two that I would almost always be using, so why have the additional, useless options.

BOT_ROCKET

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Fusion Sport, 90 Fox 5.0 Lx Hatch, 99 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sport mode in my 2.7 awd Fusion Sport firmed the suspension, tweeked the steering, held gears longer, and remapped the throttle. If I had kept the car, I would have used forscan to make the suspension and steering the only changes in sport mode because I'm perfectly capable of pressing the throttle further down myself if I want it to go faster, and it had paddle shifters so I could change gears myself if I felt like I wasn't burning enough fuel on my commute.

I will never again own an ecoboost without a tune, though. It's almost mandatory.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep I agree, only two modes I've used since getting it - normal and sport. I'd rather control the rest myself.
When I put it in sport mode it switches to 4A which scares me on the dry highway. I should know this, but is 4A basically all wheel drive and perfectly fine on road? Please ignore my ignorance!

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i typically switch mine to 2H once in sport mode.... maybe i am more ingnorant....

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i typically switch mine to 2H once in sport mode.... maybe i am more ingnorant....
Thanks for that, went out and tried it, most excellent. Not like my Raptor when I go into sport mode it always in 2H.

Sponsored

Martiin

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, if you can add modes in FORScan, can you remove the ones you don't want as well? I agree with several posters above, that Normal and Sport are the two that I would almost always be using, so why have the additional, useless options.
I think NORMAL, ECO AND SLIPPERY are the base modes that can't be removed. I watched a video on YouTube of someone adding things with Forscan and something with traction happened went wrong not sure but the truck defaulted to those 3 modes and all others modes where blocked. Not sure if it was what he did or that's how the truck is set up.

Kcwaltz20

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As much as I wanted Sport mode I wanted Baja more, my choices were Black Diamond or Badlands. I wanted both the Baja and the Rock Crawl mode so I went with the Badlands. Wonder if Baja would work in 2H like Sport in 4H? I know Baha is not meant for the road, needs a loose surface.
Baja can be changed to 2H

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I put it in sport mode it switches to 4A which scares me on the dry highway. I should know this, but is 4A basically all wheel drive and perfectly fine on road? Please ignore my ignorance!
Yep 4 high is 2wd but it will engage 4wd on the fly as needed. You can drive in 4A on any surface. What I like to do is put it in sport mode then switch to 2H. I just like driving in 2wd unless I need 4WD unless the conditions are slippery of course.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep 4 high is 2wd but it will engage 4wd on the fly as needed. You can drive in 4A on any surface. What I like to do is put it in sport mode then switch to 2H. I just like driving in 2wd unless I need 4WD unless the conditions are slippery of course.
I have over 6,000 miles of 4A mode exclusively on almost all surfaces, it has worked flawlessly for me so far, and I am not a gentle driver (but I am not abusive either).

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have over 6,000 miles of 4A mode exclusively on almost all surfaces, it has worked flawlessly for me so far, and I am not a gentle driver (but I am not abusive either).
I just had my transfer case control module replaced under warranty, 4A stopped functioning for me and started dumping the transfer case into 4H when I tried to use it. I also like breaking the rear wheels loose on a wet corner just a little hence the 2wd preference.
Sponsored