2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No spare tire on the back of the Bronco. Another post showed Bronco towing trailer with spare tire on back, but it looked like a drop hitch was required.
Yep, depending on someone's trailer tongue height, this may play a factor. My wife's GC trailhawk w/ air suspension needs a 2.5" rise so this may be an issue. I'm going out in a bit to measure the trailer tongue height again.
Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's exactly what I was gonna say. Beat me to it!
No spare tire on the back of the Bronco. Another post showed Bronco towing trailer with spare tire on back, but it looked like a drop hitch was required.
This is the first photo that I thought - "hey it looks a lot more like the Bronco II than I noticed before". I wonder if the lack of the spare tire triggers it.

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not a fan of the two doors for many reasons, but this does look impressive. If a short wheelbase Bronco can haul a trailer of that size, then the four door will be even more stable. My biggest concern was losing the towing capability of a truck. It looks like Ford may have been conservative in their tow rating. I am happy to see this. Thank you.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The other one was Squatched I think, so the drop hitch may have necessary to keep the trailer level.

(I clear the spare ok on my JK, but with 3” of lift need a drop to keep the boat trailer level.)

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey........this thread is suppose to be about a Bronco towing a trailer that is clearly able to exceed the 3500lb current tow rating of the Bronco. Yet you guys are talking proportions, paint color, etc.
WTF?! :p
I really, really, really, really, really want a Bronco, but can't get one unless it can tow 5k minimum.
If the admin posted this, then it surely is because Ford is looking for feedback on its towing capacity. Even if you have no desire to tow, help me out please ? and comment on how awesome it would be if the Bronco could kick the Wranglers ass in ALL categories. (y)
(FYI: an increased towing capacity doesn't have to decrease your off-road capabilities. There could be a HD towing option that customizes the Bronco specifically for towing, and if it decreases off-road ability, then you just simply don't order it).

Sponsored

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks great! Hope it isn't just posing with an empty trailer that comes in near its max two capacity empty.

My 87 Bronco is rated for and has towed twice what the new one is. Please Ford, up the max tow. It has the frame for it, and the same basic drivetrain as the Ranger with double the rating. A 3500 max tow for a brand new Ford truck/SUV would be a ridiculous step backwards.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2007 Mercury Mariner has a 3501 lbs. tow rating. If that's all that the Bronco can safely tow, the engineers failed! My suspicion, as it has been mentioned several times before on this forum is that the 3500 lbs tow rating listed was just as a "Place Holder".

Time will tell and before all of the whining "It will limit the off-road ability".... or .... "go buy a truck...." comments....... all I can say is that IMHO, you vastly underestimate the knowledge of the FoMoCo Engineers. So just slow your roll and wait to see what happens.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2007 Mercury Mariner has a 3501 lbs. tow rating. If that's all that the Bronco can safely tow, the engineers failed! My suspicion, as it has been mentioned several times before on this forum is that the 3500 lbs tow rating listed was just as a "Place Holder".

Time will tell and before all of the whining "It will limit the off-road ability".... or .... "go buy a truck...." comments....... all I can say is that IMHO, you vastly underestimate the knowledge of the FoMoCo Engineers. So just slow your roll and wait to see what happens.
I thought it has been mentioned numerous times on the forum that Ford has said the 3500 is the final number. (It gets asked and answered at every Q&A.) All the mentions of a “place holder” have been speculation and wishful thinking.

Now, that said, I’m still holding out hope. Ford changed their position on ManSquatch... Like you said, I won’t believe anything until I see it first hand.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought it has been mentioned numerous times on the forum that Ford has said the 3500 is the final number. (It gets asked and answered at every Q&A.) All the mentions of a “place holder” have been speculation and wishful thinking.

Now, that said, I’m still holding out hope. Ford changed their position on ManSquatch... Like you said, I won’t believe anything until I see it first hand.
AFAIK the question has always been answered simply as, "The max tow is 3500". If you're hopeful (like I am), I read that as Ford stating what the max tow rating is now, not that it won't/can't be increased. I don't think it's ever been answered as "The final max tow rating of the Bronco is 3500 and it won't be increased".
It's entirely possible Ford will increase the tow rating; maybe not for the FE's or even the 1st year. I'm a second year buyer, so I have lots (hopeful) time ahead of me. :)

Sponsored

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure looks like the spare will interfere with hookup. I'll attach some pics of the FJ Cruiser with spare on and trailers hooked up. The FJ Cruiser spare looks to be about 4"-6" higher than the Bronco, therefore easier trailer hookup even with a rise hitch.
Hey......I really, really, really, really, really want a Bronco, but can't get one unless it can tow 5k minimum.
If the admin posted this, then it surely is because Ford is looking for feedback on its towing capacity. Even if you have no desire to tow, help me out please ? and comment on how awesome it would be if the Bronco could kick the Wranglers ass in ALL categories. (y)
(FYI: an increased towing capacity doesn't have to decrease your off-road capabilities. There could be a HD towing option that customizes the Bronco specifically for towing, and if it decreases off-road ability, then you just simply don't order it).
I'm 100% with you. We've gone through the details in the Towing/Trailering section in various threads. There's two major problems to me.

1) ClassII hitch can't handle OFFROADING with a 3500lb trailer and 350lb tongue weight. Yanking a 3500lb trailer on pavement is easy, yanking the same trailer offroad through rough terrain is much more stressful on a weak hitch.
2) The spare tire mounted as it is now interferes with trailer hookup, sits too low. I'll attach pics of an FJ Cruiser, better spare setup to hook up a trailer.

The bottom line to me is Ford should do some work to make this new Bronco a better tow machine. I would attach the pics as thumbnails so people don't have to look at them if they don't want to but I can't figure out how to attach thumbnails. View attachment 49622 View attachment 49622 View attachment 49622
Ford Bronco Spotted: 2 Door Bronco Towing Trailer fj cruiser tow hookup1.JPG
Ford Bronco Spotted: 2 Door Bronco Towing Trailer fj cruiser tow hookup2
Ford Bronco Spotted: 2 Door Bronco Towing Trailer fj cruiser tow hookup3.JPG
Ford Bronco Spotted: 2 Door Bronco Towing Trailer fj cruiser tow hookup4.JPG
Ford Bronco Spotted: 2 Door Bronco Towing Trailer fj cruiser tow hookup5.JPG
Ford Bronco Spotted: 2 Door Bronco Towing Trailer fj cruiser tow hookup6.JPG
Ford Bronco Spotted: 2 Door Bronco Towing Trailer fj cruiser tow hookup7.JPG

View attachment 49622
View attachment 49622

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As a Wrangler guy, lemme say, Wranglers for towing are...
turrible.jpg

Especially 2-door models.

The Bronco pic in the OP looks encouraging... even if the trailer is full of marshmallows.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remove spare, throw in hindmost section of empty trailer……..problemS solved (for today’s trip).
Sponsored