indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is probably the toughest stuff I'll subject my Bronco to while chasing trout/camping out.

[youtube]
Liking the front license plate attachment. :)
Sponsored

kjv915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 f-150
We got our first glimpse of the 2021 Ford Bronco alongside a Jeep Wrangler, in an impromptu meeting on the streets of Dearborn!

It’s not a perfect comparison, as this is a four-door Bronco and a two-door JK Wrangler, but it was still nice to see the two models together in the real world. It’s interesting to see the stance of the Bronco and Wrangler nearly side-by-side in traffic, and to see the similarities of their externally mounted spares. The similarities of the upright windscreens and side block profiles are also visible. The Bronco’s smart A-pillar-mounted side mirrors also promise a better doors-off driving advantage, which is driven home seeing the two off-roaders in the same frame.

These shots aren’t the ultimate Bronco/Wrangler comparison, but thanks to mere happenstance, and the fact that the JL Wrangler is largely similar in footprint and proportions to its predecessor, we’re glad to provide a new view at what will be a massive battle in the marketplace.

2021-Bronco-JK-Jeep-Wrangler-Comparison-Spy-Pics-1.jpg
2021-Bronco-JK-Jeep-Wrangler-Comparison-Spy-Pics-2.jpg
2021-Bronco-JK-Jeep-Wrangler-Comparison-Spy-Pics-3.jpg
2021-Bronco-JK-Jeep-Wrangler-Comparison-Spy-Pics-4.jpg
so happy theyu are not going with the large OJ bronco years. This will be slick. roll out still this month?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so happy theyu are not going with the large OJ bronco years. This will be slick. roll out still this month?
yeah, expected to be later in the month, especially since we haven't seen a proto with only a basic camo wrap, they've all been heavily padded so far. We would expect to see one with only a simple camo wrap about 1-2 weeks before reveal....but ford has been tight lipped on this one, so they may not reveal it even that much before the big show.

kjv915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 f-150
yeah, expected to be later in the month, especially since we haven't seen a proto with only a basic camo wrap, they've all been heavily padded so far. We would expect to see one with only a simple camo wrap about 1-2 weeks before reveal....but ford has been tight lipped on this one, so they may not reveal it even that much before the big show.
odd. I wonder why. Guess that is why I am not in marketing at Ford. curious about price points as well. I know they want to compete with wrangler and gladiator so I am hoping around 50k

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
odd. I wonder why. Guess that is why I am not in marketing at Ford. curious about price points as well. I know they want to compete with wrangler and gladiator so I am hoping around 50k
Base Wrangler is in the low 30's (which is still too high). Hoping Ford delivers a base model Bronco in that low 30 grand range.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Base Wrangler is in the low 30's (which is still too high). Hoping Ford delivers a base model Bronco in that low 30 grand range.
Everything we've heard from people with (supposedly) inside knowledge says that Ford isn't going to compete with the base model Wrangler, just the Sport S and up. Sport S 2 door starts at 32k, so I'd expect to see the base Bronco right there or maybe slightly less.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everything we've heard from people with (supposedly) inside knowledge says that Ford isn't going to compete with the base model Wrangler, just the Sport S and up. Sport S 2 door starts at 32k, so I'd expect to see the base Bronco right there or maybe slightly less.
Yeah I should have specified the 4-door JLU. (4 door is my main interest, already owning a couple 2 door 4x4s.) The base Sport JLU is 32k grand msrp, while the Sport S JLU is 35k msrp. So word is the base Bronco 4 door might be in the 35k range.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope it costs more than the Wrangler as long as it outperforms it.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why would you hope it costs more? Being on par would be nice.
Budget and value oriented are generally not used on vehicles that are the leader in their segment.
Jeep already has a “premium” brand name and if the Bronco can’t match it in strictly off-road performance and relies on creature comforts that you can get in economy class cars that the Wrangler doesn’t than resale value is out the window as well.
With a higher price, it should mean that the Bronco is legit and itself a vehicle that justifies a premium over regular SUV’s.
And we don’t have to hear from the Jeep crowd “if you can’t afford a wrangler buy a bronco” lol

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope they go lower than the base price Wrangler. Jeep charges a premium, because they can (no competition). Ford can cut away at that by offering a lower entry price with better equipment. There is still plenty of room to get a Bronco up to $60k if someone wants it. Ford needs these on the roads and on the trails, not sitting in the garage as a weekend toy.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

don’t forget IFS is so much more technologically advanced than SFA so it has to cost more

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
don’t forget IFS is so much more technologically advanced than SFA so it has to cost more
There’s no advancement though. It’s just standard technology.

I don’t mean that in a mean “chair throwing” way. Just saying it’s not new tech.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
This story makes me think two things about the future of the automotive business.
1) The bronco will be cheaper than a JL.
And 2) The JL will be cheaper than a JL.

We are having a “correction” in the stock market, it’s time we had a “correction” in auto prices.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ccn.com/heres-why-ford-motor-company-still-cant-avoid-bankruptcy/
Sponsored