First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it’s time we had a “correction” in auto prices.
I think Ford's thin profits demonstrate little room to 'cut prices'; but plenty of room to sell no-frills products. Of course, some of that price reflects regulatory compliance...so maybe they ought'a ask Trump if he'd rather keep those regs, or keep an American auto industry.
Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think Ford's thin profits demonstrate little room to 'cut prices'; but plenty of room to sell no-frills products. Of course, some of that price reflects regulatory compliance...so maybe they ought'a ask Trump if he'd rather keep those regs, or keep an American auto industry.
Thin profits?
Yea they can barely afford the fuel in those old corporate jets.. poor guys.

WILD ONE

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...two things about the future of the automotive business.
1) The bronco will be cheaper than a JL.
And 2) The JL will be cheaper than a JL.
We are having a “correction” in the stock market, it’s time we had a “correction” in auto prices.
I think Jeep is also counting down to the Bronco reveal, and the smart dealers will be trying hard to get rid of old and overstock. There's a new 2019 Jeep Wrangler near me offered at a dealer for over $10,000 off the MSRP. MSRP is $38K, so at $28K, that's a lot closer to what I think the vehicle's worth.

I'm ready to buy, and the "cheap" Jeeps are tempting. I keep talking myself out of a Jeep, when I hear or read cool news about the Bronco. So, Ford better keep those leaks coming regularly, or at least show us the thing already.

I want a manual (looks like a check-mark in the YES column, now); How much will a V6 cost me, and how long will I have to wait for it?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Jeep is also counting down to the Bronco reveal, and the smart dealers will be trying hard to get rid of old and overstock. There's a new 2019 Jeep Wrangler near me offered at a dealer for over $10,000 off the MSRP. MSRP is $38K, so at $28K, that's a lot closer to what I think the vehicle's worth.

I'm ready to buy, and the "cheap" Jeeps are tempting. I keep talking myself out of a Jeep, when I hear or read cool news about the Bronco. So, Ford better keep those leaks coming regularly, or at least show us the thing already.

I want a manual (looks like a check-mark in the YES column, now); How much will a V6 cost me, and how long will I have to wait for it?

Wait, really,$10k Off?

Doubt they'd have a Mojito 2dr manual sitting around, otherwise Fords in trouble

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The thing is, my 2020 Kia meets all the current regs, and I got it for 14k. And that price is generally in line with early economy car prices when accounting for inflation. So while regs can impact price, I think regs have limited blame for the higher cost of SUVs which have outrun inflation.

Instead, I think consumers over time, have gotten more accepting of paying a premium for SUVs. And manufacturers are more than happy to oblige with higher prices. Times have changed and it's what the market will bear and public is willing to accept. SUV as status symbol and aspirational marketing = expensive 4x4s.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The thing is, my 2020 Kia meets all the current regs, and I got it for 14k. And that price is generally in line with early economy car prices when accounting for inflation. So while regs can impact price, I think regs have limited blame for the higher cost of SUVs which have outrun inflation.

Instead, I think consumers over time, have gotten more accepting of paying a premium for SUVs. And manufacturers are more than happy to oblige with higher prices. Times have changed and it's what the market will bear and public is willing to accept. SUV as status symbol and aspirational marketing = expensive 4x4s.
Besides structural crash protections, a lot of the new regs are really cheap stuff.
It's not like these backup cameras are super high resolution $1000 cameras (and some 2017
Hyundai's didn't have one, so when was it really a reg??).

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On my 2015 wrangler rubicon (JKR), the rear shock and control arm mount got a piece of shaped and folded 1/4" steel welded to the underside for skidding over ricks near the inside of the tire. The front lower control arms got the same treatment. The front and rear diff covers got changed out to 3/8" steel covers too.

Rear axle skid pics: http://fawbush.org/images/2015_09_26_teraflex_skids/

You can see the front lower arm mount skids, swaybar skid, and front diff cover here:
http://fawbush.org/images/2015_11_12_jeep_lift/2015-11-18 09.48.16.jpg

Sponsored

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It looks like the bronco is going away with the fender flairs (like the jeep has) and going for a wider body. I like it!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the lack of fender flairs looks to be the result of the heavy camouflage and this being the smaller tired model.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After seeing the dancing Goat option, I just wanna bare bones sport model, with roll up windows and stuff
Sponsored